This day on December 17
None

Happy Birthday To: pupper, amandeepman88, killerabbie, nev'z87, Oilerifik, idekoning

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pulju assigned to BakersfieldPages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #699361]
Sun, 01 October 2017 12:31 Go to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

More development required. I'm guessing he's back after Yamo's 9-game is over.

I haven't been inspired by Drake this preseason, so kind of surprised that they didn't send him down for a wake up call.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-puljujarvi-assigned-to- bakersfield/c-291500230?tid=281885062

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #699362 is a reply to message #699361 ]
Sun, 01 October 2017 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Sun, 01 October 2017 12:31

More development required. I'm guessing he's back after Yamo's 9-game is over.

I haven't been inspired by Drake this preseason, so kind of surprised that they didn't send him down for a wake up call.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-puljujarvi-assigned-to- bakersfield/c-291500230?tid=281885062

The Oilers have some significant weakness in the lineup that hasn't been addressed. Defence hasn't looked particularly good after the first pair, and winger depth is a particular problem.

There seems to be a high hope that Caggiula or Slepyshev is going to take a big step forward, but there's little in their performance at other levels that should lead anyone to believe they're going to be big point providers at the NHL level. Puljujarvi and Yamamoto are both very young. Yamamoto is also tiny, and we have to hope that he manages to avoid getting welcomed to the NHL by some snarly defenceman in any ugly way. I think there's a significant risk in keeping him up, but again, the Oilers have not provided the team with much depth to keep a player like that out on the back of a decent camp.

There's a single decision left to make now - who is the 14th forward. I don't see any reason to use up another contract spot for Kelly so he can sit in the press box most nights. Pakarinen can fill that role just fine and Kelly doesn't address either of the glaring weaknesses with the roster. That contract spot is too valuable to spend that way. Assuming the Oilers come to the same conclusion, we have our roster set for opening night now. For what it's worth, I'm guessing that Chiarelli likes his guy in Kelly more, but is trying fruitlessly to find a taker for Pakarinen if he's waived. Not likely to happen, so Kelly will be sent packing. Pray that he isn't the replacement when Yamamoto gets sent to junior.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #699367 is a reply to message #699361 ]
Sun, 01 October 2017 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

So, Yamamoto puts us at 49 contracts if he sticks.

Hope we don't end up signing Kelly, because that's 50/50, and Chia has to pay extra for guys to take contracts off our hands if he wants to add anyone.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #699369 is a reply to message #699367 ]
Mon, 02 October 2017 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

2 Cups

I don't have a problem with Puljujarvi going down for some more development. I am a believer in him and he is so young. The biggest thing for me is if he was a Canadian kid and he was going back to junior because he wasn't quite ready, very few would bat an eye at it. The fact that he isn't Canadian and he can go play pro hockey against adults is great.

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #699411 is a reply to message #699361 ]
Mon, 02 October 2017 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

1 Cup

Seems like a great time to offer Jagr 1 one year deal. Won't happen, but just sayin'.

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #699413 is a reply to message #699411 ]
Mon, 02 October 2017 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Mon, 02 October 2017 13:36

Seems like a great time to offer Jagr 1 one year deal. Won't happen, but just sayin'.

You were probably really sad when you flipped over to the NHL forum after this post...

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #699421 is a reply to message #699413 ]
Mon, 02 October 2017 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Mon, 02 October 2017 13:02

You were probably really sad when you flipped over to the NHL forum after this post...

Not so much sad as it was fairly expected, more just disappointed that I decided to post about this when I did. I wonder if Chia was also in the dark about Jagr.....

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #699422 is a reply to message #699421 ]
Mon, 02 October 2017 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Mon, 02 October 2017 17:16

Adam wrote on Mon, 02 October 2017 13:02

Not so much sad as it was fairly expected, more just disappointed that I decided to post about this when I did. I wonder if Chia was also in the dark about Jagr.....

According to Chiarelli in discussion with Jason Gregor today, they were never interested in Jagr. Also not interested in Iginla, for those wondering.

Apparently, comfortable with the roster as is for the time being. Defence seen as a bigger issue than right wing (although if we hadn't hired every career minor league player available to a two way deal, we'd have more contract room to bring in a right winger AND address defence if needed).

Biggest question on defence for me is how long is Sekera out. Gryba in the starting six every night is a major concern (although maybe less so for the management who gave him a two year deal).

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #699435 is a reply to message #699422 ]
Tue, 03 October 2017 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I am of the opinion that you win by building down the middle and on defense. When you have 2 elite centers, wingers are way less important.

I would like to see the Oilers pick up another dman. I don't mind Gryba as a 6-7 dman where he plays maybe half the games like he did last year but not full time. From everything I have read about Auvitu, he skates well, moves the puck well, shows some offensive instincts but is a complete s-show in his own end.

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #699437 is a reply to message #699435 ]
Tue, 03 October 2017 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 03 October 2017 08:17

I am of the opinion that you win by building down the middle and on defense. When you have 2 elite centers, wingers are way less important.

I would like to see the Oilers pick up another dman. I don't mind Gryba as a 6-7 dman where he plays maybe half the games like he did last year but not full time. From everything I have read about Auvitu, he skates well, moves the puck well, shows some offensive instincts but is a complete s-show in his own end.

Definitely agree on building down the middle and getting a solid top 4 D group with an elite high end.

Most important thing with wingers is chemistry with your C's. You need to find wingers that compliment them, and the nice thing about that is that if you really do understand the play style of your elite C's and the winger skill sets that will best work with them, it starts to get a lot easier to keep a rotation of wingers with those guys that keeps costs down.

But, if recent cup winners, even just the runners up are any example, I think you need to keep at least 1 elite level winger around that can move up and down your lineup. We kinda traded away 1 of those guys to try to fix our disaster D (rumoured locker room issues notwithstanding), and a more borderline version of that player (obviously disregarding his recent example of how he would perform in the playoffs, lol) for Strome. Chia is banking on Yamamoto and/or Pulju becoming that guy for us. Right now though, neither are ready to carry that kind of load. Really think we needed a stopgap to be able to bring all our young wingers along more slowly.

Top 4 D is unfortunately missing that top end RHD, and we're locked in with Russell for at least a couple years now. We definitely need to add someone to displace Gryba, but as Adam pointed out, management clearly sees Gryba as a solid 6th guy option (puke).

God I hope Pulju figures his game out in the next month or so. He showed great signs in camp I thought, but still inconsistent. One game he's actually initiating contact to try to battle for pucks, the next he's reaching for everything being a non-factor.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 October 2017 09:07]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #699440 is a reply to message #699437 ]
Tue, 03 October 2017 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 03 October 2017 08:49

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 03 October 2017 08:17

Definitely agree on building down the middle and getting a solid top 4 D group with an elite high end.

Most important thing with wingers is chemistry with your C's. You need to find wingers that compliment them, and the nice thing about that is that if you really do understand the play style of your elite C's and the winger skill sets that will best work with them, it starts to get a lot easier to keep a rotation of wingers with those guys that keeps costs down.

But, if recent cup winners, even just the runners up are any example, I think you need to keep at least 1 elite level winger around that can move up and down your lineup. We kinda traded away 1 of those guys to try to fix our disaster D (rumoured locker room issues notwithstanding), and a more borderline version of that player for Strome. Chia is banking on Yamamoto and/or Pulju becoming that guy for us. Right now though, neither are ready to carry that kind of load. Really think we needed a stopgap to be able to bring all our young wingers along more slowly.

Top 4 D is unfortunately missing that top end RHD, and we're locked in with Russell for at least a couple years now. We definitely need to add someone to displace Gryba, but as Adam pointed out, management clearly sees Gryba as a solid 6th guy option (puke).

God I hope Pulju figures his game out in the next month or so. He showed great signs in camp I thought, but still inconsistent. One game he's actually initiating contact to try to battle for pucks, the next he's reaching for everything being a non-factor.

I am not going to go into a ton of detail on the past trades. I have done that, debated them, argued about them many times. All I will say about the Hall trade was it addressed 2 needs. #1 to get a good right shot dman, #2 to get him out off the Oilers. I am of the opinion that Hall needed to go for the Oilers to take a step. The Eberle trade I believe was part to shed salary and part because the coach flat out wanted him gone. He had coached against him for many years, so he had a good idea about his warts but you don't truly know until you see and coach him. He coached him the first year, probably saw the warts up close, didn't like what he saw but tried to work with him. Plus I don't think you could trade both Hall AND Eberle in one offseason. Second season comes around. The warts aren't any better. He wasn't overly great on McDavid's wing and he pissed away his first unit PP spot. As the season goes along, the warts didn't get any better, his season wasn't great then he makes it to the playoffs, something he's supposedly been dying to get into so maybe he can be salvaged. Nope, he and Pouliot battled it out for being the worst players on the Oilers in the playoffs and even contributed to losing games with his mistakes. So I think McLellan was done with him.

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #700353 is a reply to message #699361 ]
Wed, 18 October 2017 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

How useless is this?

Pulju and the Condors have played a whole 3 games so far. And doesn't play another until the 20th.

2 assists in those 3 games (team has scored 6 goals so far). Condors are stinking it up again this year so far, 1-2-0-0, and 6GF and 12GA.

I wonder if we have a dud coach right now with our AHL team. Can we just bribe Nelson to come back to us?

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #700354 is a reply to message #700353 ]
Wed, 18 October 2017 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 18 October 2017 10:16

How useless is this?

Pulju and the Condors have played a whole 3 games so far. And doesn't play another until the 20th.

2 assists in those 3 games (team has scored 6 goals so far). Condors are stinking it up again this year so far, 1-2-0-0, and 6GF and 12GA.

I wonder if we have a dud coach right now with our AHL team. Can we just bribe Nelson to come back to us?

Is it really the coach? It's not like it's a world-beating lineup they have had the last couple years and they lost Lander who was the only consistent scorer last year. Our depth isn't great, and we didn't bring in many good offensive players amongst all those AHL signings last year. It was mostly truculence, grit and veteran presence - which shockingly rarely seems to win you many games without talent.

So we have a few 20-year old rookies who are green as grass, playing against men, and then we have a bunch of plugs. That doesn't sound like the ingredients of a contending team.

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #700355 is a reply to message #700354 ]
Wed, 18 October 2017 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 18 October 2017 10:21

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 18 October 2017 10:16

How useless is this?

Is it really the coach? It's not like it's a world-beating lineup they have had the last couple years and they lost Lander who was the only consistent scorer last year. Our depth isn't great, and we didn't bring in many good offensive players amongst all those AHL signings last year. It was mostly truculence, grit and veteran presence - which shockingly rarely seems to win you many games without talent.

So we have a few 20-year old rookies who are green as grass, playing against men, and then we have a bunch of plugs. That doesn't sound like the ingredients of a contending team.

Just wondering if coaching plays a part, because they were bums last year too, even with lander being the AHL Gretzky. Nelson did more with much less for years. There were also stories about Pulju not really getting any guidance, plus a case of Flemming benching him for no apparent reason.

In any case, Pulju is getting almost no opportunity to improve his game because our team is in the garbage Pacific division that plays less than all the other divisions. And that would be extra bad if we have weak coaching right now, so he's not even really learning useful habits in practice.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #700356 is a reply to message #700355 ]
Wed, 18 October 2017 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 18 October 2017 10:25

Just wondering if coaching plays a part, because they were bums last year too, even with lander being the AHL Gretzky. Nelson did more with much less for years. There were also stories about Pulju not really getting any guidance, plus a case of Flemming benching him for no apparent reason.

In any case, Pulju is getting almost no opportunity to improve his game because our team is in the garbage Pacific division that plays less than all the other divisions. And that would be extra bad if we have weak coaching right now, so he's not even really learning useful habits in practice.

Maybe it's good if he has a crummy coach down there, because he can get used to the kind of substandard coaching the Oilers are going to subject him to for the bulk of his career? What better way to prepare him for McLellan and Woodcroft?

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #700357 is a reply to message #700356 ]
Wed, 18 October 2017 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 18 October 2017 10:29

Maybe it's good if he has a crummy coach down there, because he can get used to the kind of substandard coaching the Oilers are going to subject him to for the bulk of his career? What better way to prepare him for McLellan and Woodcroft?

I think he's stuck in purgatory though if he is maintaining and learning bad habits in the A. McLellan only wants vets, young kids that play like finished products and Caggiula's. If you're young, not Caggiula and make mistakes, he doesn't want you on the roster.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #700390 is a reply to message #700357 ]
Wed, 18 October 2017 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 18 October 2017 10:30

I think he's stuck in purgatory though if he is maintaining and learning bad habits in the A. McLellan only wants vets, young kids that play like finished products and Caggiula's. If you're young, not Caggiula and make mistakes, he doesn't want you on the roster.

I’m tired so maybe I’m missing some sarcasm.

Yamamoto is in the lineup getting top minutes. He gaffs once a shift. TMac inserted young guys into the Sharks lineup regularly. I didn’t watch them play much, but I’m sure Hertl wasn’t polished at 19. Setoguchi? Vlasic?

That’s off the top of my head. I’m sure some other kids prospered under McLellan, but I’m going to bed. Game day tomorrow.

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #700391 is a reply to message #700390 ]
Wed, 18 October 2017 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 18 October 2017 21:12

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 18 October 2017 10:30

I’m tired so maybe I’m missing some sarcasm.

Yamamoto is in the lineup getting top minutes. He gaffs once a shift. TMac inserted young guys into the Sharks lineup regularly. I didn’t watch them play much, but I’m sure Hertl wasn’t polished at 19. Setoguchi? Vlasic?

That’s off the top of my head. I’m sure some other kids prospered under McLellan, but I’m going to bed. Game day tomorrow.

Some hyperbole fueled by frustration for sure :) But, actually looking...

Setoguchi and Vlasic were 3 years post draft when McLellan got there. Setoguchi found chemistry with Thornton pretty quick. Hertl was in his 2nd year after the draft but scored 6 goals in his first 3 games, and there was no looking back (until he was injured I think). Hertl and Setoguchi had the luxury of being able to be dropped into a top 6 group of almost all elite vets of course.

Look through the SJ seasons while he was there. It's always lead by the same group of old guys that won their division before he got there with maybe 1 young guy sprinkled in. Not that I expect him to somehow have not done that with the lineup he had, it was obviously going to be the result because Murray gave him a good veteran team. But there isn't really much history there to go by for our situation here. He was handed a vet team that was already winning like crazy, and just ran with it. Tried to give Jumbo young snipers and a couple worked out for short periods of time. Lucky to get Couture as another contributor who really came into the NHL a fully able 2-way forward off the bat. Many disappointments later his time was done leaving behind pretty much the same group, probably a few years later than Wilson should have allowed.

I think he's shown with the Oilers that he can be quick to punish small mistakes if he has the luxury to bench guys. Probably too early to talk about Yams. He did bench him earlier, but he earned some leeway with his pre-season and with Drai out, there is really no choice but to try to get him going. Benning got a slap and didn't even get a chance to redeem himself on the 3rd pair and we decided to ice an inferior lineup 2 games ago just on principle. Mainly talking about Pulju of course, who is in the Yakupov zone now it seems.

I do believe there is an overriding theme with McLellan that he wants players to be self taught and self sufficient. If you struggle you have to work your way through it in practice with everyone else, no special treatment, which works a lot better when you have a team loaded with high end vets like he had in Detroit and San Jose. Guys like Krueger and Nelson were more nurturers. McLellan is much more of the hard-arse style of coach, you get get the benching, you get talked about in the media, and you better get your crap together quick. And if you can't figure it out, bye. That is, unless you can hit certain notes for McLellan (I can't figure it out) that seems to let you get away with whatever like Caggiula and even Gryba. Russell is also a player without any faults it seems.

Just my opinion from these 2+ years of observation.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 October 2017 22:09]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #700380 is a reply to message #700356 ]
Wed, 18 October 2017 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TeemaJeema  is currently offline TeemaJeema

No Cups

Ugh. So brutally negative.

We need a winning streak

Oiler Fan For Life.
Go Esks Go!

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #700381 is a reply to message #700380 ]
Wed, 18 October 2017 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

TeemaJeema wrote on Wed, 18 October 2017 15:30

Ugh. So brutally negative.

We need a winning streak

Needing a winning streak isn't enough senpai, you have to earn it.

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701151 is a reply to message #699361 ]
Sat, 28 October 2017 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Pulju 3 assists -1 in 7 games. Wth is going on down there?

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701154 is a reply to message #701151 ]
Sat, 28 October 2017 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 28 October 2017 23:40

Twitter said he had 9 shots tonight, if that gives you any comfort...

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701158 is a reply to message #701154 ]
Sun, 29 October 2017 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 28 October 2017 23:42

Not to shabby. 5 shots the game before too. Last I looked he was on a run of 1 or 0 shots.

He's ready! Bring this boy up to save the day!

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701160 is a reply to message #701158 ]
Sun, 29 October 2017 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 28 October 2017 23:11

Adam wrote on Sat, 28 October 2017 23:42

Not to shabby. 5 shots the game before too. Last I looked he was on a run of 1 or 0 shots.

He's ready! Bring this boy up to save the day!

Last thing you do is drop a rookie into a mess like they have now, kid needs to learn good habits, how to play like a pro, not a lot of good habits worth following on the Oilers right ow.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $3.1 M

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701345 is a reply to message #699361 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Staples writeup after he watched Pulju's last game:

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/ 6-clips-that-tell-the-story-of-jesse-puljujarvis-development -in-bakersfield

Sounds encouraging. Kid looks clearly on another level with his skating out there vs everyone else. Wish he could just find a way to break out and put some points up.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701346 is a reply to message #701345 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 10:49

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/ 6-clips-that-tell-the-story-of-jesse-puljujarvis-development -in-bakersfield

Sounds encouraging. Kid looks clearly on another level with his skating out there vs everyone else. Wish he could just find a way to break out and put some points up.

With the caveat that it's David Staples, who's gone full sunshine & rainbows on all the Oilers do lately. Greatest Oil-pologist of them all...

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701347 is a reply to message #701346 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 10:52

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 10:49

With the caveat that it's David Staples, who's gone full sunshine & rainbows on all the Oilers do lately. Greatest Oil-pologist of them all...

At the least there are videos :)

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701468 is a reply to message #699361 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Pulju scored!!!

Welcome back to the big leagues lad!

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701470 is a reply to message #701468 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 21:56

Pulju scored!!!

Wouldn’t it make more sense to just move Yamamoto to the top line for a few games?

You heard it here..

Limecat Logic

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701475 is a reply to message #701470 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 22:03

Pulju scored!!!

Wouldn’t it make more sense to just move Yamamoto to the top line for a few games?

You heard it here..

Kinda feel Yams is looking out of his element in his last couple outings. Almost starting to get himself in trouble too getting caught with hits. Think his momentum has been lost.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701478 is a reply to message #701475 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 22:08

Pulju scored!!!

You heard it here..

Kinda feel Yams is looking out of his element in his last couple outings. Almost starting to get himself in trouble too getting caught with hits. Think his momentum has been lost.

Like Puju in early 16/17.

Which makes my prediction more probable.

Limecat Logic

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701479 is a reply to message #701478 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 22:18

Pulju scored!!!

You heard it here..

Yeah. And now again we get to choose between letting him get lots of ice time in a league he can handle much better, or we can play him once in a while for 6 mins a night and burn his ELC year and even an RFA year before sending him down.

I think the choice is clear. Goodbye ELC and RFA year!

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701492 is a reply to message #701479 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 22:20

Pulju scored!!!

You heard it here..

Yeah. And now again we get to choose between letting him get lots of ice time in a league he can handle much better, or we can play him once in a while for 6 mins a night and burn his ELC year and even an RFA year before sending him down.

No points, no shots, one hit, and 10:57 minutes of icetime, again getting toppled down the lineup by his coach in a tight game. Seems primed for another 30 games of NHL action. Maybe MacTavish is trying to swing a WHL trade to a team of the Oilers' choosing before sending him down?

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701497 is a reply to message #701492 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 22:35

Pulju scored!!!

You heard it here..

No points, no shots, one hit, and 10:57 minutes of icetime, again getting toppled down the lineup by his coach in a tight game. Seems primed for another 30 games of NHL action. Maybe MacTavish is trying to swing a WHL trade to a team of the Oilers' choosing before sending him down?

They can't possibly be that stupid. Even the Oilers wouldn't panic to that level of idiocy.

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701499 is a reply to message #701497 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 22:42

Adam wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 22:35

Pulju scored!!!

You heard it here..

They can't possibly be that stupid. Even the Oilers wouldn't panic to that level of idiocy.

The sad thing is that I can't tell which you're incredulous that they'd do:

- keep up a promising 19 year old kid with 0-3-3 in 8 games and a coach who distrusts him in tight matches past his 10 game audition, burning one of his cheap years or;
- hold said kid in the NHL while trying to manipulate WHL teams in to making a trade involving said kid.

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701506 is a reply to message #699361 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

This quote makes me worry about our AHL coaching:

Bakersfield Condors‏ @Condors
POST-GAME | "There is no substitute for hard work and we got that sweat equity tonight." - Fleming on 5-2 win.

sweat equity?

https://media.giphy.com/media/3owzVQ23NzdKvVALUA/giphy.gif

I know it's a real term, but I just get this serious Eakins vibe from it.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701508 is a reply to message #701506 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://katyandtheword.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/do-not-think-it-means1.jpeg?w=750

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701557 is a reply to message #701508 ]
Thu, 02 November 2017 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

4 Cups

I really hope we trade high on this asset.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.

2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701559 is a reply to message #701557 ]
Thu, 02 November 2017 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Thu, 02 November 2017 13:14

Meh, no trading. Let's just call this a development year.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Pulju assigned to Bakersfield [message #701560 is a reply to message #701557 ]
Thu, 02 November 2017 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Thu, 02 November 2017 13:14

My wish list if they deal Puljujarvi:

- grit
- compete
- good in the room
- winning attitude
- gritensity
- character
- no quit
- brings it every night
- more grit
- unnamed intangibles
- sandpaper
- willing combatant
- hard to play against
- steady veteran presence

If we could only get some like that, it wouldn't even matter if they had "speed" or "skill". I hear that the 2011 Bruins won with a slow, tough team! And they didn't even have McDavid!!!

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #15)
Next Topic:17-18's Bottom 6 Disaster
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca