This day on September 25
Departed: Roy Sommer (1982)

Happy Birthday To: butthead, hroyh, oilfanstan, josh, Estevan

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » 2016-17 Playoff ThreadPages (10): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694738 is a reply to message #690717 ]
Tue, 16 May 2017 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Carlyle whining that the guys counting shots are blind (embarrassed about how his team was so badly outshot), and that the Preds are intentionally running into Gibson.

I'm pretty sure I hate the Ducks more than any other team.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694746 is a reply to message #694738 ]
Wed, 17 May 2017 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I had some friends go to a game in Nashville a few years ago and they said the crowd operated together like they were following some sort of underground script. Would doing something like this be too much to ask for in Edmonton?

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694752 is a reply to message #694746 ]
Wed, 17 May 2017 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

1 Cup

I saw last night that the Preds had 2 goals called back. There was contact and Gibson does his best flopping around falling down like he was shot each time. I wonder if Talbot wasn't so worried of showing so much respect for the game and maybe played up the contact just a little, would one or both of those goals been called off. I sure didn't see Gibson trying to stand tall, fight through the contact and try to make the save like Talbot did. Gibson made damn sure he went down hard.

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694753 is a reply to message #694752 ]
Wed, 17 May 2017 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 17 May 2017 12:31

I saw last night that the Preds had 2 goals called back. There was contact and Gibson does his best flopping around falling down like he was shot each time. I wonder if Talbot wasn't so worried of showing so much respect for the game and maybe played up the contact just a little, would one or both of those goals been called off. I sure didn't see Gibson trying to stand tall, fight through the contact and try to make the save like Talbot did. Gibson made damn sure he went down hard.

Yeah when I saw the Nashville fans litter the ice after a 2nd goal was called back I was like, "Good....gooood! Let the hate flow throw your veins....".

The NHL will take notice of that, they have to make sure Nashville isn't upset with the officiating. Edmonton they couldn't care less for.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694803 is a reply to message #690717 ]
Thu, 18 May 2017 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Blatant hooking, blatant tripping, chopping hands, spearing. It's all legal tonight in Nashville!

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694805 is a reply to message #690717 ]
Thu, 18 May 2017 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Flukey bastard Ducks..ugh.

I think Getz is up to 100 cross-checks per game now. Really getting his cross-checks/60 number up. Whines-to-refs/60 must be around 200 now.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694806 is a reply to message #694805 ]
Thu, 18 May 2017 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 18 May 2017 20:26

I think Getz is up to 100 cross-checks per game now. Really getting his cross-checks/60 number up. Whines-to-refs/60 must be around 200 now.

Refereeing is an embarrassment this year. Anaheim sure seem to be the NHL Corp's favorite though, everyone else has to follow the rule book unless you get what seems to be the gold pass, something like a membership privilege card. Just the thought of Kessler getting a Cup makes me taste vomit.

Go Nashville!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $3.1 M

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694811 is a reply to message #694806 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 18 May 2017 21:33

Refereeing is an embarrassment this year. Anaheim sure seem to be the NHL Corp's favorite though, everyone else has to follow the rule book unless you get what seems to be the gold pass, something like a membership privilege card. Just the thought of Kessler getting a Cup makes me taste vomit.

Go Nashville!

Lots of veteran players on the Ducks and they don't have someone flashy like Subban, so why wouldn't they get carte blanche to do whatever they want? It's absolute bush league that the league is so blase and inconsistent about calling their own rules. Are there any other major sports leagues out there that suddenly ignore rules in the most important games?

Except of course for off-side - the one rule in the books that the NHL has decided must always be called to perfection to the point where we'll stop the play for 10 minutes to examine whether a player lifted their toe.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #ChiaOnNotice

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694814 is a reply to message #694811 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I have long ago discovered that while I am a HUGE hockey fan, it is by far my favorite professional sport, I am an Oilers fan first. When the Oilers are playing I watch even when they sucked. If there is an other game on, I will flick to it, watch for a short time but I would never watch 2 teams play unless the Oilers are playing. Same goes for the playoffs. I would keep track sort of mostly because I did playoff drafts. But I would never watch a full playoff game. This year, I went to a couple of live playoff games and watched every Oiler game from start to finish. As soon as the Oilers were eliminated, I have stopped watching and gone back to checking it out from time to time.

So given this was my first year of really paying attention for an extended period of time, is the reffing always like this in the playoffs? I know that the refs don't call even close to what they call in the season. They want to "let them play". But when I watched the Oilers play the Sharks, I thought it was terrible officiating with what they let go. The in the Ducks series, it got worse. Guy would do 2 handed baseball swing slashes, especially the Ducks and it would go uncalled. Kesler on EVERY faceoff win or lose does a 2 handed HARD cross check every time. I watched part of the Nashville - Ducks game last night and it was awful. The Ducks were drilling guys in the back, the ribs. Bieksa almost baseball swing hits a Preds forward in the helmet with his stick, gets a penalty shockingly. Bieksa was complaining at the ref for calling it. Then I hear Getzlaf calling it a weak call in his post game interview. He hit the guy in the HEAD with his stick.

So I don't know if it is just extra bad this year or this is normal but I find it borderline unwatchable. When you watch a team like the Ducks play, they win or lose based on how the refs call it. When the refs call nothing like they did last night, they grind the game down to almost a standstill. Every time a Preds player takes the puck, you see 5 or 6 not borderline ticky tack but LEGIT nasty slashes or crosschecks.

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694815 is a reply to message #694814 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 09:24

I have long ago discovered that while I am a HUGE hockey fan, it is by far my favorite professional sport, I am an Oilers fan first. When the Oilers are playing I watch even when they sucked. If there is an other game on, I will flick to it, watch for a short time but I would never watch 2 teams play unless the Oilers are playing. Same goes for the playoffs. I would keep track sort of mostly because I did playoff drafts. But I would never watch a full playoff game. This year, I went to a couple of live playoff games and watched every Oiler game from start to finish. As soon as the Oilers were eliminated, I have stopped watching and gone back to checking it out from time to time.

So given this was my first year of really paying attention for an extended period of time, is the reffing always like this in the playoffs? I know that the refs don't call even close to what they call in the season. They want to "let them play". But when I watched the Oilers play the Sharks, I thought it was terrible officiating with what they let go. The in the Ducks series, it got worse. Guy would do 2 handed baseball swing slashes, especially the Ducks and it would go uncalled. Kesler on EVERY faceoff win or lose does a 2 handed HARD cross check every time. I watched part of the Nashville - Ducks game last night and it was awful. The Ducks were drilling guys in the back, the ribs. Bieksa almost baseball swing hits a Preds forward in the helmet with his stick, gets a penalty shockingly. Bieksa was complaining at the ref for calling it. Then I hear Getzlaf calling it a weak call in his post game interview. He hit the guy in the HEAD with his stick.

So I don't know if it is just extra bad this year or this is normal but I find it borderline unwatchable. When you watch a team like the Ducks play, they win or lose based on how the refs call it. When the refs call nothing like they did last night, they grind the game down to almost a standstill. Every time a Preds player takes the puck, you see 5 or 6 not borderline ticky tack but LEGIT nasty slashes or crosschecks.

I honestly think these games with the Ducks are the worst I've seen. Getz is seriously cross-checking guys in the back multiples every damn shift. And the whining he does to work the refs, it's unbelievable. Look at this:

https://twitter.com/78Bouch/status/865407370704207872

How does he get away with treating refs like that? The guy is whining all damn game long, why are the refs not making him pay for it? Heard that Murray, the Ducks GM was pissed off about the refs last night as well. The league has completely lost control of the game they should be managing.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694817 is a reply to message #694815 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 09:32

I honestly think these games with the Ducks are the worst I've seen. Getz is seriously cross-checking guys in the back multiples every damn shift. And the whining he does to work the refs, it's unbelievable. Look at this:

How does he get away with treating refs like that? The guy is whining all damn game long, why are the refs not making him pay for it? Heard that Murray, the Ducks GM was pissed off about the refs last night as well. The league has completely lost control of the game they should be managing.

I don't mind the whining part - it's all an attempt to game the refs and plant seeds of doubt. But I think that how the games are called is mandated at the league level. If they're letting crosschecks go, it's because the league doesn't want them called. Late hits are allowed, goalmouth scrums are allowed. Roughing is usually allowed. Tripping, high sticks and pucks over the glass are called. Goalie interference is only called if it's a Duck goalie interfered with.

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694820 is a reply to message #694817 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 10:06

I don't mind the whining part - it's all an attempt to game the refs and plant seeds of doubt. But I think that how the games are called is mandated at the league level. If they're letting crosschecks go, it's because the league doesn't want them called. Late hits are allowed, goalmouth scrums are allowed. Roughing is usually allowed. Tripping, high sticks and pucks over the glass are called. Goalie interference is only called if it's a Duck goalie interfered with.

There has to be a limit to what is acceptable with whining. Barking at refs like in that video should be a 10 min misconduct. Refs need to have a little pride and tell guys like Getz to STFU or they are gonna be sitting in the box for 10. Instead, they just take it and let it affect all of their decision making in the Ducks favour. I would call that the refs and league losing control of their jobs, and I think that plays a part in the rule book being called even less than usual. The Ducks are clearly breaking the rules more than the teams they've played, so if you are letting yourself get pushed into not calling stuff on the Ducks, you have to reduce your calls on the other team too. Just turns games into total garbage hockey which is what the Ducks would take any day of the week.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694818 is a reply to message #694815 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I would love to know what the Ducks would call acceptable reffing? I image I have is in the Oilers-Ducks series early on. There is a scrum. Getzlaf does 3 -2 handed, nasty chops to the back of Lucic's leg and Leon gets pulled out of the crowd for roughing. It wasn't sneaking ones. He was out in the open and wound up 3 times.

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694823 is a reply to message #694811 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 09:03

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 18 May 2017 21:33

Go Nashville!

Lots of veteran players on the Ducks and they don't have someone flashy like Subban, so why wouldn't they get carte blanche to do whatever they want? It's absolute bush league that the league is so blase and inconsistent about calling their own rules. Are there any other major sports leagues out there that suddenly ignore rules in the most important games?

Except of course for off-side - the one rule in the books that the NHL has decided must always be called to perfection to the point where we'll stop the play for 10 minutes to examine whether a player lifted their toe.

The NBA has long been a joke with they way they call their games if it's a superstar vs some other guy.

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694828 is a reply to message #694823 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose is currently online Goose

1 Cup

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 09:56

The NBA has long been a joke with they way they call their games if it's a superstar vs some other guy.

Not that I agree with that either, but at least in that case it's your best players getting the breaks. In the NHL, it's the opposite. If you're a plug that can't keep up with McDavid, you get to slow him down and limit his skill by grabbing and impeding him with impunity.

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694829 is a reply to message #694828 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 11:35

Not that I agree with that either, but at least in that case it's your best players getting the breaks. In the NHL, it's the opposite. If you're a plug that can't keep up with McDavid, you get to slow him down and limit his skill by grabbing and impeding him with impunity.

Yeah, I would rather see the league let skill shine than give fourth liners the ability to mug the stars. If I had to choose between those two sins, the NBA one seems by far the lesser.

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694831 is a reply to message #694829 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vsove  is currently offline vsove

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 11:42

Goose wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 11:35

Yeah, I would rather see the league let skill shine than give fourth liners the ability to mug the stars. If I had to choose between those two sins, the NBA one seems by far the lesser.

That's why you need Getzlaf! Skilled player who also spends half the game clutching and grabbing McDavid. It's the best of both worlds.

No Mo' Lowe

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694838 is a reply to message #694831 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh  is currently offline Babaganoosh

1 Cup

Consistency is the problem. The same penalty should apply to both teams. Just as the game should be called the same way regardless of the score or how big the game is or if it's overtime. It should be the same standard throughout. A slashing penalty called in the first should be called in the second overtime. Who knows maybe the players could figure out what they can get away with and what they can't. This random standard crap is making hockey hard to watch. I don't think there is a conspiracy. There just incompetent. That's all.

" If you have anything good to say, say it off!"

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694842 is a reply to message #694838 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Babaganoosh wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 15:15

Consistency is the problem. The same penalty should apply to both teams. Just as the game should be called the same way regardless of the score or how big the game is or if it's overtime. It should be the same standard throughout. A slashing penalty called in the first should be called in the second overtime. Who knows maybe the players could figure out what they can get away with and what they can't. This random standard crap is making hockey hard to watch. I don't think there is a conspiracy. There just incompetent. That's all.

But if you insist on consistency, how would you be able to ignore obvious infractions from savvy, respected vets like Getzlaf, Perry and Kesler while calling them on younger players who haven't been in the league for as long?!?!

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694844 is a reply to message #694838 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ryan-johansen-remainder-p layoffs-left-thigh-injury/

.....a real blow to Nashville....Johansen was playing so well...

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694846 is a reply to message #694844 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 15:45

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ryan-johansen-remainder-p layoffs-left-thigh-injury/

wow. Ducks don't seem to be running out of luck at time soon.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694849 is a reply to message #694846 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 16:02

How did Johansen get hurt?

Also even commentators are starting to call the Ducks' antics ridiculous:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/friedman-couldnt-believe- ducks-got-away-overtime/

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694851 is a reply to message #694849 ]
Fri, 19 May 2017 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 16:21

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/friedman-couldnt-believe- ducks-got-away-overtime/

What looked like a harmless little bump with Manson going for a puck. Didn't go down or anything.

Seriously, f-k these playoffs nono

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694853 is a reply to message #694851 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 16:09

Adam wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 16:21

What looked like a harmless little bump with Manson going for a puck. Didn't go down or anything.

Seriously, f-k these playoffs nono

Oilers better start taking notes.
They have to go preemptive with regards to the targeting of McDavid, don't wait until McDavid gets run, or elbowed in the head, set the terms of conduct early in the year, anyone goes near him take out someone on their team, be dirty, and be relentless in its application. The refs or NHL won't protect him, its up to the players.

Anaheim targeted Johanson all series, now he's out. Getzlaf took out Sekera, didn't intend to blow out his ACL, but he intended to hurt him, if you allow that to happen enough times with your franchise players, laws of probability kick in and it eventually results in a serious injury, maybe career ending. Oilers need to be preemptive, like a vaccine shot for an infectious disease.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694852 is a reply to message #690717 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Too bad for Johansen and the Preds. I remember when Tambellini almost traded to draft him in the summer of 2010 but didn't want to give up Ebs..

You also gotta wonder about Mike Fisher's health as well. Even when healthy, he's more of their 3rd line center at this stage in his career.

Wonder if Nashville will ever get a legitimate 2nd line center given their internal cap issues...it'd have to be one of their dmen like Ellis or Ekholm to acquire that piece...

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694854 is a reply to message #694852 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Sat, 20 May 2017 00:01

Too bad for Johansen and the Preds. I remember when Tambellini almost traded to draft him in the summer of 2010 but didn't want to give up Ebs..

You also gotta wonder about Mike Fisher's health as well. Even when healthy, he's more of their 3rd line center at this stage in his career.

Wonder if Nashville will ever get a legitimate 2nd line center given their internal cap issues...it'd have to be one of their dmen like Ellis or Ekholm to acquire that piece...

They'll be losing one of those two in the expansion draft likely, so they may look to trade him for a forward ahead of that draft.

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694855 is a reply to message #694854 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

They need a A 2nd line center and we need some skilled D. Any chance we can push RNH on them?

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694856 is a reply to message #694855 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Babaganoosh wrote on Sat, 20 May 2017 02:24

They need a A 2nd line center and we need some skilled D. Any chance we can push RNH on them?

I think Nashville would hold out for Drai if the dman was named Ryan Ellis....

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694857 is a reply to message #694856 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Sat, 20 May 2017 07:49

Well with Subban, Josi, Ekholm and Ellis something will have to give there with the expansion draft coming up. Maybe we can get one for less then we otherwise could. Would RNH for Ekholm be out of the question? What pieces would need to be added to even it out?

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694859 is a reply to message #694857 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

...wonder if the NHL will take any action on this one....

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-controversy-ari ses-surrounding-ryan-getzlaf-s-homophobic-slur

....Getzlaf sure lacks class, to say the least

(note:the language in the link may be offensive to some...and is probably not suitable for work)

[Updated on: Sat, 20 May 2017 13:08]

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694860 is a reply to message #694859 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sat, 20 May 2017 12:52

...wonder if the NHL will take any action on this one....

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-controversy-ari ses-surrounding-ryan-getzlaf-s-homophobic-slur

....Getzlaf sure lacks class, to say the least

Getz is the king of the NHL apparently. Got fined 10k, but only because someone caught him saying it and the NHL wants to save face. Refs just took it at the time though from king Getzlaf.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694861 is a reply to message #694860 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

How is calling someone a c-sucker a homophobic slur. It used to mean a good woman. Are gays the only ones that can do that now. Do they have a market cornered. Sorry if this post seems rediculous but it's no more rediculous then this situation.

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694862 is a reply to message #694861 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I never use the word but didn't realize it's a word that could get you fined in the NHL. I've heard people use it many times in rec leagues I am in.

Babaganoosh wrote on Sat, 20 May 2017 13:24

How is calling someone a c-sucker a homophobic slur. It used to mean a good woman. Are gays the only ones that can do that now. Do they have a market cornered. Sorry if this post seems rediculous but it's no more rediculous then this situation.

How old are you and in what era did people call women "f'ing c-suckers" as a compliment? I'm asking seriously because I've never heard or read about this.

Also it's funny you say it's not a homophobic slur and then the next sentence you say it's to describe a female.

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694869 is a reply to message #694862 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sat, 20 May 2017 14:03

I never use the word but didn't realize it's a word that could get you fined in the NHL. I've heard people use it many times in rec leagues I am in.

How old are you and in what era did people call women "f'ing c-suckers" as a compliment? I'm asking seriously because I've never heard or read about this.

Also it's funny you say it's not a homophobic slur and then the next sentence you say it's to describe a female.

I honestly don't know how to explain it and not get banned. Maybe I'll explain in random thoughts. It was a joke.

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694863 is a reply to message #694861 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vsove  is currently offline vsove

No Cups

It's pretty much always used as a derogatory slur, almost exclusively against men, with homophobic implications.

Getzlaf is a turd. The fact that he gets away with so much and -still- whines to the refs says it all. I hope they decide to start calling him on everything. They won't, of course, but he's such a giant baby.

No Mo' Lowe

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694864 is a reply to message #694863 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Roger Millions having terrible flashbacks...

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694871 is a reply to message #694861 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I'm just glad he got something, and his antics were brought forward for people to see. He should have been fined multiple times already in these playoffs. That video of him screaming at the back of the refs head as he skates by, ridiculous. He's making the league his b--ch, and he are just sitting back and letting it happen. Probably would have been no fine for this either if it wasn't caught on tape. Just the league trying to save face.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694872 is a reply to message #694871 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

What pisses me off is with all the legitimate crap they could have made an example of they choose this nothing that happens 100 times a game and really hurts no one. Anyone remember the old battle of Alberta and the profanity that often made air. Child's play compared to this.

[Updated on: Sat, 20 May 2017 22:44]

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694874 is a reply to message #694872 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Babaganoosh wrote on Sat, 20 May 2017 22:40

What pisses me off is with all the legitimate crap they could have made an example of they choose this nothing that happens 100 times a game and really hurts no one. Anyone remember the old battle of Alberta and the profanity that often made air. Child's play compared to this.

I do wonder what the league is telling players at the start of the season about what is and isn't acceptable. It seems like they make this kind of punishment up as they go, and it's more about what gets caught on camera or a mic than about what they actually said. You're not seeing NHL refs react in these situations and tossing a player over anything verbal, even with things like Chris Simon's comment to Georges Laraque.

The league can simplify this easily. Tell the players (and fans) what language is unacceptable and what the penalties are for transgressions. Get the referees to address language on the ice, so that it doesn't always look like the only reason for discipline is to help the league save face. And then, for crying out loud, stay consistent. If a fourth liner says something and gets a one-game suspension, you can't give a first liner a tiny fine for almost exactly the same thing. It makes the league look terrible - although that seems to be something they excel at this spring...

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694883 is a reply to message #694856 ]
Sun, 21 May 2017 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

No Cups

Some game by Pens today. Sens are very inconsistent, but you gotta believe Pens are rallying behind Matt Murray despite all the injuries on defence.

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Sat, 20 May 2017 08:49

A more realistic trade would be Dallas swapping Cody Eakin (who is firmly looking for the playing time of a 2nd line center) for a good stay at home dman in Matthias Ekholm being a left shot shutdown dman.

Re: 2016-17 Playoff Thread [message #694866 is a reply to message #690717 ]
Sat, 20 May 2017 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Can't believe the crap Anaheim gets a way with, Manson cross checks Forsberg in the back of the neck, targets the head, only gets 2, any other team its a 3 game suspension.

Happy to see them lose, douche team.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Pages (10): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Vegas Golden Knights
Next Topic:Who would you rather have - Eichel vs. Matthews?
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca