This day on December 12
Departed: Dave Semenko (1986) Josh Green (2002)

Happy Birthday To: carterfan, oilfan#1, Tupper, pronger's#1fan, bleeding copper and blue

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693354 is a reply to message #693352 ]
Wed, 03 May 2017 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

4 Cups

Struds us much better than Brownlee.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693356 is a reply to message #693354 ]
Wed, 03 May 2017 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

Speaking of people coming back, when the hell are Jay and Dan starting again?
I'd thought it was the start of May, but I haven't seen them yet.

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693359 is a reply to message #693356 ]
Wed, 03 May 2017 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PoolParty  is currently offline PoolParty

No Cups

September 4th is when jay and dan are back.

Im so glad struds is back. I hope he gets a show again.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 May 2017 09:16]

This forum has turned into a pessimistic cesspool of bitching and whining about the same topics consistently.

#Adam #Kr55 #CrusaderPi #inverno76

#RDOilerfan is possibly reformed, time will tell.

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693370 is a reply to message #693359 ]
Wed, 03 May 2017 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

I would actually really like it if he and Gregor became a duo. Being in Red Deer I get to listen to both Calgary and Edmonton radio. I listen to the Calgary morning show on my drive to work because even though I am an Edmonton team fan, the hosts are just way better in Calgary in my opinion. They have Dean "Boomer" Mulberg and former NHLer Rhett Warrener. Warrener is a beauty and being a former player, he has insight and more inside information that a normal media guy will never have.

Struddy is hilarious and he has insight and experience that Gregor will never have because he played.

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693371 is a reply to message #693370 ]
Wed, 03 May 2017 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 03 May 2017 11:27

I would actually really like it if he and Gregor became a duo. Being in Red Deer I get to listen to both Calgary and Edmonton radio. I listen to the Calgary morning show on my drive to work because even though I am an Edmonton team fan, the hosts are just way better in Calgary in my opinion. They have Dean "Boomer" Mulberg and former NHLer Rhett Warrener. Warrener is a beauty and being a former player, he has insight and more inside information that a normal media guy will never have.

Struddy is hilarious and he has insight and experience that Gregor will never have because he played.

Ugh, I've tried listening to those two goofs on 960 (simply because I can't pick up 1260 in the morning on the way to work here) but I just can't do it.
Last two times I tried listening they spend 30 mins discussing Rhett's going on a bender in Nashville, then the last time they spent 15 mins talking about someone's nose hair.

Always enjoyed Struds, so I'm with you on that one, but a big pass for me on the 960 guys.

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693372 is a reply to message #693371 ]
Wed, 03 May 2017 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 03 May 2017 10:56

Ugh, I've tried listening to those two goofs on 960 (simply because I can't pick up 1260 in the morning on the way to work here) but I just can't do it.
Last two times I tried listening they spend 30 mins discussing Rhett's going on a bender in Nashville, then the last time they spent 15 mins talking about someone's nose hair.

Always enjoyed Struds, so I'm with you on that one, but a big pass for me on the 960 guys.

Best radio I can remember was when Stauffer was still at 1260 before he left. Ken Reid, Laraque, that Terry guy and his stories in the minors.

But Struds is a gem anytime he's on, so super hyped to hear he's on more regularly. I could never see him as a I don't get local Edmonton TV here.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693373 is a reply to message #693371 ]
Wed, 03 May 2017 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 03 May 2017 11:56

As opposed to Nielsen screaming into his mic all the time, Nielsen and Fraser laughing at their own jokes, Fraser going off on some ridiculous tangent just to be that guy that has to argue a point just because or having Rick Pinter say random words movie quotes and have listeners vote on who said it better or making fun of Eric?

I find when they talk about Sports, the Calgary guys tend to be a lot more knowledgeable even when its more Calgary related. Fraser on 1260 just comes off as a complete idiot most times as his points are usually completely off base and ridiculous. I am guessing that's just his thing.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 May 2017 12:18]

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693374 is a reply to message #693373 ]
Wed, 03 May 2017 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 03 May 2017 12:15

As opposed to Nielsen screaming into his mic all the time, Nielsen and Fraser laughing at their own jokes, Fraser going off on some ridiculous tangent just to be that guy that has to argue a point just because or having Rick Pinter say random words movie quotes and have listeners vote on who said it better or making fun of Eric?

I find when they talk about Sports, the Calgary guys tend to be a lot more knowledgeable even when its more Calgary related. Fraser on 1260 just comes off as a complete idiot most times as his points are usually completely off base and ridiculous. I am guessing that's just his thing.

Yeah, as I mentioned, I can't get the 1260 morning show, so can't comment on that. Doesn't sound like I'm missing anything though.
I actually don't mind the 960 guys if you can get them on a morning when they're actually discussing sport. That seemed to be all too rare the last month or so though.

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693376 is a reply to message #693374 ]
Wed, 03 May 2017 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

1 Cup

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 03 May 2017 11:46

Yeah, as I mentioned, I can't get the 1260 morning show, so can't comment on that. Doesn't sound like I'm missing anything though.
I actually don't mind the 960 guys if you can get them on a morning when they're actually discussing sport. That seemed to be all too rare the last month or so though.

I get that there are slow news days, and there are only so many ways you can discuss the same thing while trying to fill hours on the airwaves. But I can't stand the "comedy" sideshow on Nielsen and Fraser. When Nielsen actually talks about sports I find him tolerable, Fraser is useless though. The problem is they spend about 20% of their show talking sports and 80% goofing off. Maybe that format tests well with the younger audience? I'm 41 and I can enjoy a good fart joke most of the time, but the 80/20 fart jokes to sports ratio is a bit much for my liking.

Glad to Struds is coming back. Anyone know what his role will be?

I make music.
https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/undermaker442/inexplicable

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693380 is a reply to message #693376 ]
Wed, 03 May 2017 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

jds308 wrote on Wed, 03 May 2017 12:57

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 03 May 2017 11:46

I get that there are slow news days, and there are only so many ways you can discuss the same thing while trying to fill hours on the airwaves. But I can't stand the "comedy" sideshow on Nielsen and Fraser. When Nielsen actually talks about sports I find him tolerable, Fraser is useless though. The problem is they spend about 20% of their show talking sports and 80% goofing off. Maybe that format tests well with the younger audience? I'm 41 and I can enjoy a good fart joke most of the time, but the 80/20 fart jokes to sports ratio is a bit much for my liking.

Glad to Struds is coming back. Anyone know what his role will be?

They are a morning show and a sports show, people typically want a bit of stimulation during morning shows. I think they're perfect for the role.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693585 is a reply to message #693380 ]
Fri, 05 May 2017 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Wed, 03 May 2017 15:51

They are a morning show and a sports show, people typically want a bit of stimulation during morning shows. I think they're perfect for the role.

Yeah, they're far from perfect, but they're miles better than the clowns in Calgary. One of the last times I was in Calgary, I flipped to that station only to hear them having Rhett Warrener's nose hair waxed, and discussing that for about an hour. It was a day with lots of sports news to cover, but instead it was all talk about nose hair.

I also find they try to do the Jim Rome thing where they play clips and noises randomly. I don't like that with Jim Rome, but it's really annoying with that show. It just sounds like random noise for the sake of noise.

I don't think Wil Fraser is a very smart hockey mind, and Nielson has his moments...but they're waaaay better to listen to than that.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693591 is a reply to message #693585 ]
Fri, 05 May 2017 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ is currently online MJ

2 Cups

The morning show on 1260 is the only show I refuse to listen to. It's irritating in a way that reminds me of socially inept kids in high school trying way too hard to fit in. At least moving a time zone back allows me to tune in an hour earlier on days I keep it stuck on 1260 streaming when I can. I have no problems with all local programming Lowetide and onwards.

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693653 is a reply to message #693591 ]
Fri, 05 May 2017 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

5 Cups

MJ wrote on Fri, 05 May 2017 07:43

The morning show on 1260 is the only show I refuse to listen to. It's irritating in a way that reminds me of socially inept kids in high school trying way too hard to fit in. At least moving a time zone back allows me to tune in an hour earlier on days I keep it stuck on 1260 streaming when I can. I have no problems with all local programming Lowetide and onwards.

My go-to was Lowe-Tide, and Mallard, but now that Gregor has Strudie back on, I'll be listening to his show a lot more, Strudie is gold.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner, Petrovic = Nathan Legare

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #694367 is a reply to message #693585 ]
Wed, 10 May 2017 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 05 May 2017 08:22

Magnum wrote on Wed, 03 May 2017 15:51

Yeah, they're far from perfect, but they're miles better than the clowns in Calgary. One of the last times I was in Calgary, I flipped to that station only to hear them having Rhett Warrener's nose hair waxed, and discussing that for about an hour. It was a day with lots of sports news to cover, but instead it was all talk about nose hair.

I also find they try to do the Jim Rome thing where they play clips and noises randomly. I don't like that with Jim Rome, but it's really annoying with that show. It just sounds like random noise for the sake of noise.

I don't think Wil Fraser is a very smart hockey mind, and Nielson has his moments...but they're waaaay better to listen to than that.

The fact that Jim Rome is again on the Edmonton airwaves on TSN 1260 is hugely annoying.

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #694588 is a reply to message #694367 ]
Thu, 11 May 2017 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PoolParty  is currently offline PoolParty

No Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 10 May 2017 12:40

The fact that Jim Rome is again on the Edmonton airwaves on TSN 1260 is hugely annoying.

It was a shame in the first place that they moved away from Rome mid morning, the fact that i now hear same topics from 6am-6pm gets tired. Rome brings in so many people for interviews its astonishing and hes a great interviewer. Id love to have Rome back from 10am-1pm and have lowtide and jamieson take over the morning show.

This forum has turned into a pessimistic cesspool of bitching and whining about the same topics consistently.

#Adam #Kr55 #CrusaderPi #inverno76

#RDOilerfan is possibly reformed, time will tell.

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #694636 is a reply to message #694588 ]
Fri, 12 May 2017 12:04 Go to previous message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

3 Cups

PoolParty wrote on Thu, 11 May 2017 08:19

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 10 May 2017 12:40

It was a shame in the first place that they moved away from Rome mid morning, the fact that i now hear same topics from 6am-6pm gets tired. Rome brings in so many people for interviews its astonishing and hes a great interviewer. Id love to have Rome back from 10am-1pm and have lowtide and jamieson take over the morning show.

We disagree, I will tolerate much in search of relevance for Canada, Alberta, and Edmonton. Jim Rome provides little to none of these. I guess they will try Rome again and see how the ratings go.

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693381 is a reply to message #693376 ]
Wed, 03 May 2017 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

MY apologies if it has been mentioned, but what happened to Strudwick? Why is he back on TS N1260?

This is fine.

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693383 is a reply to message #693381 ]
Wed, 03 May 2017 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

I checked out Strudwick's Wikipedia page and I thought this was funny :

http://i.imgur.com/71PvZ0e.jpg

Someone added what looks like his beer league stats. Is RCHL a league in Edmonton?

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: J. Strudwick Leaving TSN 1260 [message #693629 is a reply to message #693383 ]
Fri, 05 May 2017 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DrunkCanuck  is currently offline DrunkCanuck

No Cups

River Cree Hockey League

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:And we have a trade...sort of...
Next Topic:Draisaitl Contract
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca