This day on April 20
None

Happy Birthday To: Nesticle, goffer48, The Goat, HezzyB, Oilbleeder, thesituation, Patorious

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » New Arena construction!Pages (12): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: New Arena construction! [message #676411 is a reply to message #676409 ]
Wed, 31 August 2016 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 31 August 2016 08:17

Gator21 wrote on Wed, 31 August 2016 01:09

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 18 August 2016 12:43

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 18 August 2016 10:17

mightyreasoner wrote on Thu, 18 August 2016 10:04

Now if only the City of Edmonton would create some parking garages at Century Park and Clareview and Belvedere to encourage Park and Ride, that would be awesome. I have no idea why they don't do this, and why they think it's a good idea to start charging for these spots too. Ideally, you want as many people taking the train as possible, and for that to happen you need to make that a more attractive option than driving (hopefully by making the train better rather than making driving worse).

Ha! You think it's a good idea to build parking at the terminus for the city's light rail system? Good luck. How exactly would that fit in with the city's goal of making driving so difficult its not even worth the effort? Take the bus, pleb. Even considering the possibility will cause two brand new stop lights (for safety) to be put up on your drive to work.

The parking price will go up quickly because the city is, once again, grossly overestimating how much their social engineering will actually work. Upwards of 1/3 of people attend from outside of Edmonton, and a lot of people won't take transit because of security (real and imagined) issues.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2910981/big-jump-in-paid-park-and- ride-stalls-at-edmonton-lrt-stations-starts-sept-1/?sf346756 15=1

I love it. I love it love it love it. This is so brilliant it's almost impossible to believe that Edmonton did it by accident. They've created an artificial supply and demand problem for space in a sprawled out "C" level prairie city. The city administration is finally removing all doubt and confirming that they do not care in the slightest about you or your commute to work. You know, work, that place where a large percentage of voters absolutely need to travel to 200 days a year? That place? Well, the city doesn't care if you get there. The city doesn't care if you drive, they don't care if you cycle, they don't care if you walk, they don't care if you take transit. Hell, the don't care if you work. You, my fellow citizen, are nothing more than a little mobile piggy bank for them to extract money from.

No worries. Just need to make sure you're up around 4:30am so you can get one of the remaining free parking spots (at Century Park in my case if I wanted to attempt it, which I never would).

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Send a private message to this user  

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676412 is a reply to message #676411 ]
Wed, 31 August 2016 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 31 August 2016 08:36

Now if only the City of Edmonton would create some parking garages at Century Park and Clareview and Belvedere to encourage Park and Ride, that would be awesome. I have no idea why they don't do this, and why they think it's a good idea to start charging for these spots too. Ideally, you want as many people taking the train as possible, and for that to happen you need to make that a more attractive option than driving (hopefully by making the train better rather than making driving worse).

Ha! You think it's a good idea to build parking at the terminus for the city's light rail system? Good luck. How exactly would that fit in with the city's goal of making driving so difficult its not even worth the effort? Take the bus, pleb. Even considering the possibility will cause two brand new stop lights (for safety) to be put up on your drive to work.

The parking price will go up quickly because the city is, once again, grossly overestimating how much their social engineering will actually work. Upwards of 1/3 of people attend from outside of Edmonton, and a lot of people won't take transit because of security (real and imagined) issues.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2910981/big-jump-in-paid-park-and- ride-stalls-at-edmonton-lrt-stations-starts-sept-1/?sf346756 15=1

I love it. I love it love it love it. This is so brilliant it's almost impossible to believe that Edmonton did it by accident. They've created an artificial supply and demand problem for space in a sprawled out "C" level prairie city. The city administration is finally removing all doubt and confirming that they do not care in the slightest about you or your commute to work. You know, work, that place where a large percentage of voters absolutely need to travel to 200 days a year? That place? Well, the city doesn't care if you get there. The city doesn't care if you drive, they don't care if you cycle, they don't care if you walk, they don't care if you take transit. Hell, the don't care if you work. You, my fellow citizen, are nothing more than a little mobile piggy bank for them to extract money from.

No worries. Just need to make sure you're up around 4:30am so you can get one of the remaining free parking spots (at Century Park in my case if I wanted to attempt it, which I never would).

Oh right, the free spots. "We have a clear profit motive here, but need to appear like we don't... I know! A few hundred free spots that will be of no benefit to average people and a super expensive park and ride lot that is inconvenient for everyone!"

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676413 is a reply to message #676409 ]
Wed, 31 August 2016 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigred75  is currently offline bigred75

No Cups

So, in order to promote use of the public transit in Edmonton, ETS/City of Edmonton has made the cost of a monthly bus pass plus a parking pass the cost of what it would be for most people to just pay to park at work. Is that right?

Bus pass is $92, parking $50, total $142. Parking at the UofA for a month is $140. So I save $2? Where is the incentive here to take mass transit? One of the benefits was/is a park and ride location. Free parking, get a bus pass, save the environment, keep ETS employees working or increase employment. Yet the YEG Council wants to gouge people just trying to do the right and cost effective thing. Yeesh.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676414 is a reply to message #676413 ]
Wed, 31 August 2016 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

bigred75 wrote on Wed, 31 August 2016 08:45

So, in order to promote use of the public transit in Edmonton, ETS/City of Edmonton has made the cost of a monthly bus pass plus a parking pass the cost of what it would be for most people to just pay to park at work. Is that right?

Bus pass is $92, parking $50, total $142. Parking at the UofA for a month is $140. So I save $2? Where is the incentive here to take mass transit? One of the benefits was/is a park and ride location. Free parking, get a bus pass, save the environment, keep ETS employees working or increase employment. Yet the YEG Council wants to gouge people just trying to do the right and cost effective thing. Yeesh.

Guess you save on gas, insurance (can say you don't use your car for commute to save), and car maintenance :)

I agree with you both though, the lack of parking around stations is a joke, it was already a joke, but now it's a bigger one with all the free spots taken away. Wonder if park and rides they make will just be paid parking off the bat icon_dead

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676422 is a reply to message #676413 ]
Wed, 31 August 2016 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Didn't the UofA and the Student Union foist mandatory transit on all students and employees? You should have a transit pass anyway.

It's just a joke downtown. The city has purposely choked out traffic to make it difficult to travel downtown, then take away any financial gain of actually making that exact change. Transit is already subsidized with a full 20% of the total city budget and they just took even more people who are actually paying out of pocket for the service out of the system.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676423 is a reply to message #676422 ]
Wed, 31 August 2016 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 31 August 2016 12:39

Didn't the UofA and the Student Union foist mandatory transit on all students and employees? You should have a transit pass anyway.

It's just a joke downtown. The city has purposely choked out traffic to make it difficult to travel downtown, then take away any financial gain of actually making that exact change. Transit is already subsidized with a full 20% of the total city budget and they just took even more people who are actually paying out of pocket for the service out of the system.

This is the end result of politicians who value ideology over reality. Feels over Reals: A 2016 Story starring damn near everything political in the province of Alberta.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676439 is a reply to message #676423 ]
Wed, 31 August 2016 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 31 August 2016 12:29

This is the end result of politicians who value ideology over reality. Feels over Reals: A 2016 Story starring damn near everything political in the province of Alberta.

I hate to be the one to state the obvious here, but this type of thing was inevitable from the second the arena deal was signed. Now that it's almost done, the City alone has paid out almost $600M to build the thing (that they're admitting to). The CRL always was and still is a shell game, there's been no ticket tax money as of yet, and Katz doesn't need to start repaying his portion that the City fronted him until the doors are open and the arena is actually generating revenues. God forbid the City get a portion of whatever ridiculous amount of money that Rogers paid to put their name up on the thing (even though the City has probably also had to pay to actually put the sign up on the wall).

For a City with annual revenues of about $2.5B, that's a not insignificant amount of money they've had to shell out over the past two years (yes I know they probably borrowed most of it, but do you think the bank is willing to wait for Katz to start paying the City back before they start requiring repayment?). That money has to come from somewhere. User fees are the new panacea for politicians that don't want to raise taxes. The BC Liberals here have managed to perpetuate a multi-year scam of having balanced budgets without raising taxes by increasing user fee costs on everything from car insurance (yes we still have government run auto insurance here) to healthcare (yes, we pay a monthly fee for our "universal" healthcare here in BC that I thought was guaranteed to all Canadians).

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676440 is a reply to message #676439 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigred75  is currently offline bigred75

No Cups

Goose wrote on Wed, 31 August 2016 23:12

I hate to be the one to state the obvious here, but this type of thing was inevitable from the second the arena deal was signed. Now that it's almost done, the City alone has paid out almost $600M to build the thing (that they're admitting to). The CRL always was and still is a shell game, there's been no ticket tax money as of yet, and Katz doesn't need to start repaying his portion that the City fronted him until the doors are open and the arena is actually generating revenues. God forbid the City get a portion of whatever ridiculous amount of money that Rogers paid to put their name up on the thing (even though the City has probably also had to pay to actually put the sign up on the wall).

For a City with annual revenues of about $2.5B, that's a not insignificant amount of money they've had to shell out over the past two years (yes I know they probably borrowed most of it, but do you think the bank is willing to wait for Katz to start paying the City back before they start requiring repayment?). That money has to come from somewhere. User fees are the new panacea for politicians that don't want to raise taxes. The BC Liberals here have managed to perpetuate a multi-year scam of having balanced budgets without raising taxes by increasing user fee costs on everything from car insurance (yes we still have government run auto insurance here) to healthcare (yes, we pay a monthly fee for our "universal" healthcare here in BC that I thought was guaranteed to all Canadians).

I can't agree with that argument. Sometimes doing the right thing is still better for your citizens than worrying about municipal debt, which it already has.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676442 is a reply to message #676440 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

bigred75 wrote on Thu, 01 September 2016 07:53

Goose wrote on Wed, 31 August 2016 23:12

I can't agree with that argument. Sometimes doing the right thing is still better for your citizens than worrying about municipal debt, which it already has.

Sorry, I'm not understanding. You don't agree that the City paid the costs for the arena up front, and that money has to come from somewhere so things like parking fees may get raised to cover it?

Or you don't agree that the City should be raising parking fees to cover the cost of the debt service? Where should that money come from then?

[Updated on: Thu, 01 September 2016 09:23]

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676444 is a reply to message #676423 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 31 August 2016 13:29

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 31 August 2016 12:39

Alberta? How about the pretty much the whole country?

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676180 is a reply to message #625456 ]
Fri, 19 August 2016 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

So, CBC reported that apparently street parking will continued to be charged downtown during Rogers Place event nights to go along with the rates at City Hall and the Library parkades going up. I get that they need to draw on new revenue streams to help pay for the arena, but this is totally lame. icon_neutral

P.S.: At the very least, they better be increasing the time limit on nights with games/events to 3+ hours. As funny as it would be to see a ton of fans rushing out of the arena at the 2nd intermission to put more time into the toll post for parking, it would be incredibly annoying if you were one of those fans.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 August 2016 20:25]

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676192 is a reply to message #676180 ]
Sun, 21 August 2016 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Fri, 19 August 2016 20:22

So, CBC reported that apparently street parking will continued to be charged downtown during Rogers Place event nights to go along with the rates at City Hall and the Library parkades going up. I get that they need to draw on new revenue streams to help pay for the arena, but this is totally lame. icon_neutral

P.S.: At the very least, they better be increasing the time limit on nights with games/events to 3+ hours. As funny as it would be to see a ton of fans rushing out of the arena at the 2nd intermission to put more time into the toll post for parking, it would be incredibly annoying if you were one of those fans.

It would be fairly naive to believe that they were going to do anything but raise all the parking rates downtown for the new rink. Day rates are probably going to go up, and night rates were definitely going to spike. It was an inevitability.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676199 is a reply to message #676192 ]
Mon, 22 August 2016 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 21 August 2016 23:18

It would be fairly naive to believe that they were going to do anything but raise all the parking rates downtown for the new rink. Day rates are probably going to go up, and night rates were definitely going to spike. It was an inevitability.

If it costs less to use an Impark lot than to use street meters, you will know that things have gone totally nuts.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676201 is a reply to message #676199 ]
Mon, 22 August 2016 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Mon, 22 August 2016 12:44

Adam wrote on Sun, 21 August 2016 23:18

If it costs less to use an Impark lot than to use street meters, you will know that things have gone totally nuts.

Don't worry about that...Impark will never let that happen! I expect they're going to raise rates during events too...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676376 is a reply to message #676201 ]
Mon, 29 August 2016 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hero  is currently offline hero

No Cups

http://www.rogersplace.com/

Tickets for the open house start today at 2:00

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676377 is a reply to message #625456 ]
Mon, 29 August 2016 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feepa  is currently offline feepa

No Cups

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrCnJxoUkAAF3Eb.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrCnHzyUIAEq7I6.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrCnGAdUAAAU02w.jpg

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676378 is a reply to message #676377 ]
Mon, 29 August 2016 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrCnG3JUsAAFq_r.jpg

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676379 is a reply to message #676378 ]
Mon, 29 August 2016 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Wow, that looks fantastic.
Now we just need an on-ice product to match deadhorse

Outside looking awesome too:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Clm82KeWkAAGTsL.jpg

Lots more pics here: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=122355& page=430

[Updated on: Mon, 29 August 2016 15:49]

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676436 is a reply to message #625456 ]
Wed, 31 August 2016 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Anyone checking out the Open House? I'm going on the 10th at 1:00 pm.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676447 is a reply to message #625456 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Derek Van Diest @DerekVanDiest
Connor McDavid first player to step out in the ice. @EdmontonOilers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrSaKhCVMAAtx9M.jpg

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676449 is a reply to message #676447 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

I'm hoping McDavid is contemplating scoring 700 points or better on this ice in his Oiler career....not including playoffs.

I'm also hoping the snow-shovel crew they had at rexall babysitting that crap that some still somehow still called the best ice in the league is for the most part out of work (or at least working at something else part time). I imagine they're still going to come out and do their thing at some point, just not at each and every extended commercial break.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676452 is a reply to message #676449 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 01 September 2016 14:56

I'm hoping McDavid is contemplating scoring 700 points or better on this ice in his Oiler career....not including playoffs.

I'm also hoping the snow-shovel crew they had at rexall babysitting that crap that some still somehow still called the best ice in the league is for the most part out of work (or at least working at something else part time). I imagine they're still going to come out and do their thing at some point, just not at each and every extended commercial break.

I think the snow shovel crew is standard in all rinks now. It's basically like a mini-zamboni a couple times a period.

I would be shocked if they're not there.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676451 is a reply to message #676447 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

"It's a special feeling... This place is amazing." @cmcdavid97 on being the first #Oilers player to hit the ice"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrShpJ3UkAAGLm6.jpg

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676453 is a reply to message #676451 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I'm a little concerned about the Oilers starting to create a Cult of McDavid with things like this whole "first guy on the ice" schtick. Are we going to see them make the same mistakes with McDavid that they did with Hall/Eberle/Nugent-Hopkins, where they make it seem like there's them - and then the rest of the team? Everyone in the dressing room knows that McDavid is their best player, but it's still a team, so if it's Oilers-related, I'd prefer not to see him singled out.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676454 is a reply to message #676453 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 01 September 2016 14:24

I'm a little concerned about the Oilers starting to create a Cult of McDavid with things like this whole "first guy on the ice" schtick. Are we going to see them make the same mistakes with McDavid that they did with Hall/Eberle/Nugent-Hopkins, where they make it seem like there's them - and then the rest of the team? Everyone in the dressing room knows that McDavid is their best player, but it's still a team, so if it's Oilers-related, I'd prefer not to see him singled out.

Agreed. Out on the east coast, a dejected Taylor Hall thinks he should have been the first on the ice. cry boom

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676455 is a reply to message #676453 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

There is a picture on page 451 of that skyscraper.ca arena thread showing McDavid and what looks like Nugent-Hopkins, Sekera, and two other adult-size people(or someone wearing #93, someone wearing #2, and someone wearing #50) in Oiler uniforms along with a bunch of either really short adults or kids :-)

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676456 is a reply to message #676455 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Sorry, that is "skyscraperpage.com", not what I originally typed. The link was earlier in the arena thread.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676457 is a reply to message #676456 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Yeah Edmonton Minor Hockey did a draw to pick a team to come be the first to skate on Rogers Place ice.

That or McLellan wanted an early practice for playing against Johnny Gaudreau sized players.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676458 is a reply to message #676457 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

Sure beats the pants off Rexall food!

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676460 is a reply to message #676458 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Gator21 wrote on Thu, 01 September 2016 18:19

Menu looks like a first overall pick! (hopefully doesn't end up in the toilet)

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676461 is a reply to message #676460 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Thu, 01 September 2016 20:08

Gator21 wrote on Thu, 01 September 2016 18:19

Menu looks like a first overall pick! (hopefully doesn't end up in the toilet)

Yeah, hopefully it's a McDavid quality 1st overall, not a y... oh, nevermind...

Please do good this year Yak!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676473 is a reply to message #676453 ]
Fri, 02 September 2016 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mullet  is currently offline Mullet

No Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 01 September 2016 15:24

You're not alone in that thinking. I know he has to be the face but any strength overdone is a weakness. They need to balance it and bring in some of the other key players. At least Nuge was there. I am so glad we didn't trade him.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676474 is a reply to message #676473 ]
Fri, 02 September 2016 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mullet wrote on Fri, 02 September 2016 07:31

You're not alone in that thinking. I know he has to be the face but any strength overdone is a weakness. They need to balance it and bring in some of the other key players. At least Nuge was there. I am so glad we didn't trade him.

The Oilers are so good at winning the propaganda war it's a shame they don't get points for it in the standings. People are concerned the new arena is costing too much? Give them a free tour (possible during an Eskimos game) and put McDavid on the ice with a bunch of kids! Who won't love us after that?!?!

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676480 is a reply to message #676474 ]
Fri, 02 September 2016 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 02 September 2016 07:23

Mullet wrote on Fri, 02 September 2016 07:31

The Oilers are so good at winning the propaganda war it's a shame they don't get points for it in the standings. People are concerned the new arena is costing too much? Give them a free tour (possible during an Eskimos game) and put McDavid on the ice with a bunch of kids! Who won't love us after that?!?!

If only the hockey minds were as good as the PR ones.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676463 is a reply to message #625456 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

http://wpmedia.edmontonjournal.com/2016/08/rogers-place-in-downtown-edmonton-photographed-on-august-301.jpeg?quality=55&strip=all&w=840&h=630&crop=1

Is the outside supposed to look like that? To me it looks like the building is wrapped (not very nicely) in aluminum foil.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676469 is a reply to message #676463 ]
Thu, 01 September 2016 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Hmm I noticed that right away before I read your comment. Maybe better in person?

Clean house or bust

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676481 is a reply to message #625456 ]
Fri, 02 September 2016 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

I'll just add a few more. Took a walk around the Ice District last night, and while you can't get too close yet (basically 104 Street and the MacEwan LRT station), it's coming together really nicely.

Also, the place is about to go bananas...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrUI1PjVMAEKrvn.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrUI1PhUAAAkuZU.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrUI1RZVIAA8Ofw.jpg

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676483 is a reply to message #676481 ]
Fri, 02 September 2016 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

My baseline of snark aside, I can't believe that was built in Edmonton. As it nears completion, Rogers Place looks incredible.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676486 is a reply to message #676483 ]
Fri, 02 September 2016 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 02 September 2016 13:02

My baseline of snark aside, I can't believe that was built in Edmonton. As it nears completion, Rogers Place looks incredible.

It does look amazing. All the CG/artist renders doesn't do the final product justice. Seeing it from street level built with material is awesome.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676487 is a reply to message #676486 ]
Fri, 02 September 2016 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

No Cups

Those are some sick pics.

I was making the 2.5 hour trek to see the inside of the arena but I will now settle for a selfie with those bananas and drive back to Calgary.

Re: New Arena construction! [message #676488 is a reply to message #676481 ]
Sat, 03 September 2016 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChasinStanley  is currently offline ChasinStanley

No Cups

Is that a big digital display board on the west end?

Renaissance 2015

Pages (12): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #12)
Next Topic:GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #12)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca