This day on April 16
Acquired: Ty Conklin (2001)

Happy Birthday To: Ryno, Rifle, tollen, oiler-dude, oiler4life, Big T, MikeHawk, ryanbatty, jtb36, retirealreadymikekeane

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Treena's Oil is at again.....Pages (8): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615223 is a reply to message #615204 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

2 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 00:55

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 23:50

Either way I'm pretty convinced "the Oilers" and "Dallas Eakins" are different entities, doing different things, in different ways, with different goals using different methods.

I am a 100% believer in that. I don't think they even speak the same hockey dialect.

I'd even say "Dallas Eakins" "Management" "The Kids" "Other Players" are all four disconnected entities.

I think Null is right. This is the problem - no specific cancer, just 4 entities that don't work together.

"I'm not reading Skoobz' banter." - NotLeeFogolin
The 2013-14 Edmonton Oilers... Breaking Ekblad

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615185 is a reply to message #615177 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 23:37

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 23:34

Mike wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 23:01

Bryan Halls Toupee wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 00:09

https://twitter.com/TreenasOil/status/401559061017022464

Contrary to what MacT has said the coaching staff is not safe MacT has talked to 2 former headcoachs in past 2 weeks one watching now APG

Not that I put much stock in this, but IF they do fire Eakins and keep all the assistants yet again, I'm gonna have an aneurism.

But Mike, you need some continuity for the players!

Dressing room cliques can provide that continuity in a pinch!

Hmmm...that's true. I heard Hall's interview with Stauffer today. It sounded distinctly like he blamed the loss to Dallas on Yakupov. "You know, it threw off that practice there, and even in the next game, I think all anyone was thinking about was Yak, so maybe it affected us there too."

Meanwhile Eberle had an interview with Jack Michaels where when asked about the difference in the much improved powerplay said "Well, it helps when you're getting the saves back there."

The repeated comments about the "core" from Oilers management just reinforces this even further. It's like they have no idea how to build a team atmosphere.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615190 is a reply to message #615185 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 23:57

Skoobz wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 23:37

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 23:34

Mike wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 23:01

Bryan Halls Toupee wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 00:09

Contrary to what MacT has said the coaching staff is not safe MacT has talked to 2 former headcoachs in past 2 weeks one watching now APG

Not that I put much stock in this, but IF they do fire Eakins and keep all the assistants yet again, I'm gonna have an aneurism.

But Mike, you need some continuity for the players!

Dressing room cliques can provide that continuity in a pinch!

Hmmm...that's true. I heard Hall's interview with Stauffer today. It sounded distinctly like he blamed the loss to Dallas on Yakupov. "You know, it threw off that practice there, and even in the next game, I think all anyone was thinking about was Yak, so maybe it affected us there too."

Meanwhile Eberle had an interview with Jack Michaels where when asked about the difference in the much improved powerplay said "Well, it helps when you're getting the saves back there."

The repeated comments about the "core" from Oilers management just reinforces this even further. It's like they have no idea how to build a team atmosphere.

ugh... I try to joke around about this team to make the suck more tolerable, but hearing about stuff like this really makes me pause and wonder why the heck I keep supporting this team. Such an unbelievable loser team from top to bottom, on and off the ice.

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment
..limitless potential
..good structural improvement

Eakins: I know EXACTLY what we need to do next year...

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615208 is a reply to message #615190 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ronster is currently online ronster

No Cups

The losing bit made me angry, now I just laugh at the loss .

This "cool kids" clique thing make me dislike this team even further.

You've won Nothing, you've shown no real passion for team play just for individual success, you have done nothing make me, as a fan, think this is "your team".

But you choose to throw your teammates under the bus?

No way this team gets out of the black hole they are in with this elitism attitude. And the fact management is so biased to them makes it just as culpable to the problem.

I change my vote. Trade them all. It sickens me to think your young core are spoiled brats. Maybe we need to bring in guys who have that passion to win not for the next paycheck.

Adam wrote

Maybe it's fitting to have found religion in the room because on most nights this team doesn't have a prayer.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615209 is a reply to message #615208 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

ronster wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 01:16

You've won Nothing, you've shown no real passion for team play just for individual success, you have done nothing make me, as a fan, think this is "your team".

No way this team gets out of the black hole they are in with this elitism attitude. And the fact management is so biased to them makes it just as culpable to the problem.

I change my vote. Trade them all. It sickens me to think your young core are spoiled brats. Maybe we need to bring in guys who have that passion to win not for the next paycheck.

Of they need a coach with an iron will who will kick asses in order to get them all on the same page, then tell the GM exactly what pieces he needs and which players on the roster have to go.

Since I follow football (what is called "soccer" here), I'll bring up an example of an individual who acts exactly like the above: Jose Mourinho. If anyone tries to tell him how to run his team, he tells them to kindly go and eat his shorts. He knows what he wants (to win at all costs), he knows how he'll do it, and do it he has, in particular with Inter Milan, where he won the league AND the UEFA Champions Cup in the same year, 2009-10, (for anyone who doesn't know, this is a very difficult feat for a team to accomplish). He is not afraid to bench or get rid of anyone who won't play ball.

God, I'd give up my first-born if a coach with his mindset could take over the Oil. He would look at the current situation in one way: utterly intolerable. The housecleaning and ass-kicking would be of gargantuan proportions were a man like Mourinho were in charge of this godawful mess.

[Updated on: Sat, 16 November 2013 02:00]

"Life is warfare and the sojourn of a stranger in a strange land." - Marcus Aurelius

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615215 is a reply to message #615209 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hibernia  is currently offline Hibernia

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 05:26

He is not afraid to bench or get rid of anyone who won't play ball.

You mean like sitting the one true vet in Smyth? Or like sitting the former #1 in Yakupov.

Yeah, we need someone in here who will make the tough decisions about who to play. icon_wink

Kool-Aid Addict!

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615239 is a reply to message #615215 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Hibernia wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 07:40

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 05:26

He is not afraid to bench or get rid of anyone who won't play ball.

You mean like sitting the one true vet in Smyth? Or like sitting the former #1 in Yakupov.

Yeah, we need someone in here who will make the tough decisions about who to play. icon_wink

Well, that someone does have to know what he is doing, like Mourinho does.

"Life is warfare and the sojourn of a stranger in a strange land." - Marcus Aurelius

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615227 is a reply to message #615208 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mars  is currently offline Mars

No Cups

Wow, nice teammates you are Hall and Eberle. If this is the attitude on the team, MacT needs to trade one of the Clique to enforce the concept that no part is greater than the whole.

I'm sick of the entire lot of them, from players to Lowe. I'm glad I'm not a season ticket holder.

[Updated on: Sat, 16 November 2013 09:54]

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615228 is a reply to message #615227 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mars wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 09:34

Wow, nice teammates you are Hall and Eberle. If this is the attitude on the team, MacT needs to trade one of the Clique to enforce the concept that the part is greater than the whole.

I'm sick of the entire lot of them, from players to Lowe. I'm glad I'm not a season ticket holder.

I've really soured on Hall this season. He is just such an unimpressive human being off the ice with everything I hear him say. I take back anything I said in the past about him being Captain, the kid is simply not maturing personally in a way that would make him able to captain an NHL team.

I'm really starting to think one of Ebs or Hall needs to go, and if I just went by personality, it would be Hall.

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment
..limitless potential

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615230 is a reply to message #615228 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

oobga wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 09:41

Wow, nice teammates you are Hall and Eberle. If this is the attitude on the team, MacT needs to trade one of the Clique to enforce the concept that the part is greater than the whole.

I've really soured on Hall this season. He is just such an unimpressive human being off the ice with everything I hear him say. I take back anything I said in the past about him being Captain, the kid is simply not maturing personally in a way that would make him able to captain an NHL team.

I'm really starting to think one of Ebs or Hall needs to go, and if I just went by personality, it would be Hall.

Nope, trade Eberle. Keep the better player in Hall, but trading his bar buddy Eberle sends the needed message.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615231 is a reply to message #615230 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mars wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 09:55

oobga wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 09:41

Nope, trade Eberle. Keep the better player in Hall, but trading his bar buddy Eberle sends the needed message.

Unless Hall turns into even more of a whiny baby and demands a trade too :) Could make for a couple worthwhile eps of OilChange.

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..limitless potential

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615427 is a reply to message #615119 ]
Sun, 17 November 2013 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bryan Halls Toupee  is currently offline Bryan Halls Toupee

No Cups

Bryan Halls Toupee wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 21:09

Noticed this interesting response to a question on the above post

Quote:

B_Oilers ‏@B_Oilers 15 Nov

@TreenasOil another Associate Coach to help?

Quote:

Tracy Lane ‏@TreenasOil Protected account 15 Nov

@B_Oilers replacing one

So which assistant coach would they be replacing?
My money would be on Steve "Shooooooot!" Smith.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615233 is a reply to message #589777 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Hall saying, "he's a good kid" about 3 times was kinda telling. It's like softening his burns.

In fact on the job site when we would say, "he's a nice kid", it was a polite way of saying he was a dummy or lazy. He's a nice kid, but blaa, blaa, blaa.

I don't think he is liked by the fab 3 that much. I think Yaks lack of social awareness has not helped either.

This sucks a pallet of dicks.

Limecat Logic

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615246 is a reply to message #615233 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 10:23

Hall saying, "he's a good kid" about 3 times was kinda telling. It's like softening his burns.

In fact on the job site when we would say, "he's a nice kid", it was a polite way of saying he was a dummy or lazy. He's a nice kid, but blaa, blaa, blaa.

I don't think he is liked by the fab 3 that much. I think Yaks lack of social awareness has not helped either.

I'll be honest... I'm not sure RNH really is entrenched in that 'clique' either. From my vantage point, he seems more comfortable hanging out with Ryan Jones, Ryan Smyth, and Jeff Petry than he does Hall and Eberle.

Justin Schultz on the other hand...

I don't know what that locker room is like, but if some of what seems to be cracking through is true, it's just not healthy. It creates a pretty bitter divide, and maybe this dates back even to the Moreau and Souray days. And if there is a group that feels entitled and alienates some of their teammates, whoever suggested that trading Eberle might be a way to shake that up (and get a piece in return), they might be onto something.

Again though, this is speculative. I'm not in that room. None of us are.

[Updated on: Sat, 16 November 2013 12:30]

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615248 is a reply to message #615246 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I thought I read somewhere that most the guys are hanging out together, going for dinner together and all that, whereas it used to be several different groups going their own ways.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615250 is a reply to message #615246 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 12:28

I'll be honest... I'm not sure RNH really is entrenched in that 'clique' either. From my vantage point, he seems more comfortable hanging out with Ryan Jones, Ryan Smyth, and Jeff Petry than he does Hall and Eberle.

Justin Schultz on the other hand...

I don't know what that locker room is like, but if some of what seems to be cracking through is true, it's just not healthy. It creates a pretty bitter divide, and maybe this dates back even to the Moreau and Souray days. And if there is a group that feels entitled and alienates some of their teammates, whoever suggested that trading Eberle might be a way to shake that up (and get a piece in return), they might be onto something.

Again though, this is speculative. I'm not in that room. None of us are.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZFPYGLCEAAAFBv.jpg:large

That's Hall's birthday from his twitter feed. Gagner, Schultz, Eberle, Arcobello and Hall.

I don't think everyone on a team has to be super tight all the time. I think there's room for people to have groups that they tend to hang out with. But I think there's a lot of team building that has to happen in that dressing room, and I think the management has not helped the last few years here.

These guys were anointed at a young age, and veteran guys were told basically that they were taking a back seat. I think back to things like Lowe's rant against veterans refusing to accept their roles, and think, that's not really how it should be. Roles should be earned, and everyone's goals have to be aligned. What's the point in telling Whitney he'll only be a third pairing guy. If he can't play (which he clearly is struggling with at this point in his career) then he'll end up there anyhow. If he can play, and is performing well, why wouldn't he get more icetime?

Management has repeatedly talked about a core and building around it. It sets up a two-tiered system on the team and gives those who figure they're part of the core a sense of entitlement. Let everyone else talk about who your core is....your glue guys might be someone who isn't the best player on the team.

The way that management talks about the team sets up an atmosphere where there are those that are in, and those that probably need to be replaced. What does an Eric Belanger care about helping the kids develop when the management talks about how when these guys are good, there will be different people in the supporting roles? Everyone in hockey knows that change happens, but rarely do teams talk about it as much as the Oilers do. MacTavish comes in and says he wants 6-7 new faces next year. Then he talks the other day about how there's 3-4 more pieces they need. That's telling 20% of the team he really doesn't want them here and thinks we're better off with someone else.

And I know I keep harping on it, but it also says don't worry you core guys...it's not your fault if we lose. It's those schlubs around the outside of your circle that just aren't good enough. When we get a couple big wingers and another strong defenceman and maybe another goalie THEN you'll have the pieces you need to win.

As much as Hemsky has been maligned by the media as a practice slacker and not fan (read media) friendly enough and not tough enough and too injury prone, he is a guy who tried his ass off through some truly terrible years here when we legitimately didn't have the pieces to compete. I never ever heard him throw a goalie under the bus, or blame a teammate for a loss. Same goes for Horcoff.

The team is creating divides. Putting Yakupov in front of that media scrum was deadly for the dressing room and the team and Hall saying he was surprised he backed up what his agent says just shows that it was a terrible idea for the team to make him available and an even worse idea to let it be such an uncontrolled spectacle. It also makes it look like there was no coordination on response inside the room. If I'm Ference or Eakins and something like that happens, I sit everyone down, I tell them what the storm is likely to look like and tell them no matter how they feel about it inside the room, to the world we are a united front and we back him as much as we can. We all parrot the same remarks - "He's frustrated with the way the season has gone, and can you blame him? We're all frustrated. He said what he felt he needed to say and as far as we're concerned, we've moved on." And that's it. No deviating from that simple message. Why is that so hard to do?

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615267 is a reply to message #615250 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

1 Cup

2 things:

First thing, my brother in law has some friends that still frequent the bar scene in Edmonton alot, and most of the times they say its RNH, Hall, Ebs, and Gags. In fact a few weeks back one of his friends almost got a beat down from Gazdic due to telling those 4 they suck, and won't lead this city anywhere, but to more disappointment.

Second thing, my most recent ex was working with one of the children from one of our past goaltenders. Her BF knew Hall and Ebs personally, and he was telling me at a BBQ this past summer that Hall,Ebs, and RNH don't like Yaks cause "he just doesn't get it", referring to how to play NA hockey.

There is forsure a clique, But Yaks isn't part of it.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615273 is a reply to message #615267 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 17:41

2 things:

First thing, my brother in law has some friends that still frequent the bar scene in Edmonton alot, and most of the times they say its RNH, Hall, Ebs, and Gags. In fact a few weeks back one of his friends almost got a beat down from Gazdic due to telling those 4 they suck, and won't lead this city anywhere, but to more disappointment.

I wish your brothers friend would have gotten a sound thrashing for that douche bag move. Not from a pro hockey player, but from a bystander that knows when a douche bag needs to be tuned.

Not directed at you.

Limecat Logic

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615274 is a reply to message #615273 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 18:13

2 things:

I wish your brothers friend would have gotten a sound thrashing for that douche bag move. Not from a pro hockey player, but from a bystander that knows when a douche bag needs to be tuned.

Not directed at you.

I do think that it's pretty douchey to go rip on a guy away from the rink. Come vent in here all you want but if you're telling someone they suck at their job when seeing them out in the community? Then you're a terrible fan who is one of the reasons players sometimes don't want to come to Edmonton.

I remember a guy bragging in here once about getting in a fight with Arnott. Thought that was about the douchiest thing posted here.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615413 is a reply to message #615274 ]
Sun, 17 November 2013 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 18:25

g2k wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 18:13

2 things:

Not directed at you.

I do think that it's pretty douchey to go rip on a guy away from the rink. Come vent in here all you want but if you're telling someone they suck at their job when seeing them out in the community? Then you're a terrible fan who is one of the reasons players sometimes don't want to come to Edmonton.

I remember a guy bragging in here once about getting in a fight with Arnott. Thought that was about the douchiest thing posted here.

I'm with both of you guys. I was hoping for a beating as well. Provided Gazdic didn't get in trouble for it.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615298 is a reply to message #615267 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Second thing, my most recent ex was working with one of the children from one of our past goaltenders. Her BF knew Hall and Ebs personally, and he was telling me at a BBQ this past summer that Hall,Ebs, and RNH don't like Yaks cause "he just doesn't get it", referring to how to play NA hockey.

Interesting... I didn't know doing failed toe drags was just a NA hockey thing.

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..limitless potential

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615324 is a reply to message #615298 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

Posted after Ference beat the snot (and blood) out of Stempniak...

@TreenasOil: MacT had challenged Ference as captain APG

Hope this is true, he's been a lame Captain so far, though decent defenceman.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615386 is a reply to message #615324 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 20:56

Yeah I was thinking that Fernuckle should concentrate less on his boot camp flash mobs and his composting toilets and focus more on leading his young charges out of their toilet.

He must have got the message, judging from tonight's game.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615606 is a reply to message #615324 ]
Tue, 19 November 2013 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmc  is currently offline hmc

4 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 22:56

How could you possibly know this?

Then I'll just regress, because I feel I've made myself perfectly redundant.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615608 is a reply to message #615606 ]
Tue, 19 November 2013 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

hmc wrote on Tue, 19 November 2013 13:52

nullterm wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 22:56

How could you possibly know this?

On ice. Until he tooled in Stempniak he hadn't done anything to stand out and demonstrate the willingness to stand up and dish it out for a change, not just take it.

I think part of bringing in Ference (and eventually giving him the C) was hoping that Bruins attitude would brush off on the rest of the team, until then he hadn't displayed that attitude at all.

As for what he may or may not be saying in the room, does it matter when the team has been so abysmal? Ducere exemplo.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615549 is a reply to message #615298 ]
Tue, 19 November 2013 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
darkknight  is currently offline darkknight

No Cups

oobga wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 20:16

Interesting... I didn't know doing failed toe drags was just a NA hockey thing.

I didn't realize you could lead a team in goals in your rookie season and you are the one that doesn't get it.

"He shoots, he Sykoras"

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615252 is a reply to message #615233 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Hold it, a 22 year old is calling a 20 year old a "kid". Reeks of downright arrogance to me and is completely disrespectful. Wow, just wow

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615271 is a reply to message #615252 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eedok  is currently offline eedok

No Cups

Mars wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 13:20

Hold it, a 22 year old is calling a 20 year old a "kid". Reeks of downright arrogance to me and is completely disrespectful. Wow, just wow

He also calls Eberle kid on a regular basis despite Eberle being older than him, I think it's just a case of Hall doesn't vocabulary well

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615285 is a reply to message #615271 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

eedok wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 17:56

He also calls Eberle kid on a regular basis despite Eberle being older than him, I think it's just a case of Hall doesn't vocabulary well

Nope, completely disrespectful that a 22 year old refers to a teammate as a kid when referring to one singular person.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615295 is a reply to message #615285 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mars wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 19:30

Nope, completely disrespectful that a 22 year old refers to a teammate as a kid when referring to one singular person.

Limecat Logic

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615467 is a reply to message #615295 ]
Mon, 18 November 2013 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ronster is currently online ronster

No Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 19:06

Mars wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 19:30

That guy looks handsome..I just need glasses, a stache and some law books to look like him...

Back to reality, again these tidbits reaffirmed my beliefs. There is no way this team will get to the next level with this elitism attitude.

Hall needs an attitude check. By all accounts they all do. How do the Fab 3 know about the NA game, they have won NOTHING on a professional level.

A team would internalize Yak's struggle and help him through it. Fine sure the guy has defensive deficiencies. A TEAM would help him improve, instead of throwing him to the wolves (I'm pointing at you Ference as well). I'm beginning to believe the I-D-I-O-T management team will trade Yak in the Summer just to save face with the Fab 5.

Again nuke the lot of them.

Adam wrote

Maybe it's fitting to have found religion in the room because on most nights this team doesn't have a prayer.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615520 is a reply to message #615252 ]
Mon, 18 November 2013 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebsnugehallsy  is currently offline ebsnugehallsy

No Cups

Ya he also called Nuge a kid for all the lead up and hype after the Nuge draft. I think Hall says 'kid' when referring to a young hockey player. Had we never heard him use it, then we could imply something. Until then, stop being so sensitive!

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615537 is a reply to message #615520 ]
Tue, 19 November 2013 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

ebsnugehallsy wrote on Mon, 18 November 2013 21:56

Ya he also called Nuge a kid for all the lead up and hype after the Nuge draft. I think Hall says 'kid' when referring to a young hockey player. Had we never heard him use it, then we could imply something. Until then, stop being so sensitive!

Trust me when I say I'm the least sensitive person person I know. Let me ask you, how would you feel if a co-worker who is two years older than you calls you kid? Its different when you are 40 than when you are 20.

Whether Hall means it as a disrespectful insult or not, or he says it about all his slightly younger teammates or not, doesn't change the fact that it is an insult! Does Hall call himself a kid when he speaks to the media?

Back when I played if someone spoke to or about a teammate like that he'd get punched in the mouth in the dressing room or there would be a scrap, some lumber or a big bodycheck in practice.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615538 is a reply to message #615537 ]
Tue, 19 November 2013 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

4 Cups

Mars wrote on Tue, 19 November 2013 09:45

Trust me when I say I'm the least sensitive person person I know. Let me ask you, how would you feel if a co-worker who is two years older than you calls you kid? Its different when you are 40 than when you are 20.

Whether Hall means it as a disrespectful insult or not, or he says it about all his slightly younger teammates or not, doesn't change the fact that it is an insult! Does Hall call himself a kid when he speaks to the media?

Back when I played if someone spoke to or about a teammate like that he'd get punched in the mouth in the dressing room or there would be a scrap, some lumber or a big bodycheck in practice.

Common, really. You'd beat up someone two years older than you for calling you a good kid?

Learning is the most important part of learning basic defence.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615545 is a reply to message #615538 ]
Tue, 19 November 2013 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verda13  is currently offline verda13

No Cups

Magnum wrote on Tue, 19 November 2013 09:49

Common, really. You'd beat up someone two years older than you for calling you a good kid?

This is getting way out of hand. I'm reading other topics on here with people lambasting the media guys for making something out of nothing and yet, we are worried about the use of the word 'kid'.

In beer league we quite often use the the term 'kid': "you got this, kid" "atta kid" "one more, kid"... it's not an insult. Is saying "Atta boy" and "boy, you looked good on that save" inflammatory?

If Hall called him immature , a child or a manboy, I would understand. But 'kid', I don't see the issue.

New age, new terms of endearment, IMHO.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615546 is a reply to message #615545 ]
Tue, 19 November 2013 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

verda13 wrote on Tue, 19 November 2013 10:27

Magnum wrote on Tue, 19 November 2013 09:49

This is getting way out of hand. I'm reading other topics on here with people lambasting the media guys for making something out of nothing and yet, we are worried about the use of the word 'kid'.

In beer league we quite often use the the term 'kid': "you got this, kid" "atta kid" "one more, kid"... it's not an insult. Is saying "Atta boy" and "boy, you looked good on that save" inflammatory?

If Hall called him immature , a child or a manboy, I would understand. But 'kid', I don't see the issue.

Personally, I take more issue with him suggesting Yakupov's media scrum was the reason they lost to Dallas...but that's just me.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615568 is a reply to message #615546 ]
Tue, 19 November 2013 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 19 November 2013 10:36

Personally, I take more issue with him suggesting Yakupov's media scrum was the reason they lost to Dallas...but that's just me.

Agreed, there is no need for that comment either.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615570 is a reply to message #615545 ]
Tue, 19 November 2013 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Atta boy" and "boy, you looked good on that save" is not in the same context. For the same context he'd be standing in front of the media saying "he's a good boy" instead of a good guy or a good teammate.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615574 is a reply to message #615570 ]
Tue, 19 November 2013 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verda13  is currently offline verda13

No Cups

Mars wrote on Tue, 19 November 2013 12:12

Atta boy" and "boy, you looked good on that save" is not in the same context. For the same context he'd be standing in front of the media saying "he's a good boy" instead of a good guy or a good teammate.

Fair enough...
When I or my grandfather say "Bill's a good egg" Does that mean he thinks Bill is a egg? An embryo? An organic vessel?

I still believe that 'kid' is being used as a non-derogatory figure of speech. Kid is, after all, a young goat...

I'm not saying that either I, or my friends, are the de facto urban dictionary, but we use it the same as ' a good buddy' or 'a good dude'

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615576 is a reply to message #615570 ]
Tue, 19 November 2013 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
bleedingoil  is currently offline bleedingoil

No Cups

Kid is being used as bud or pal. I was playing hockey last night, after I made a big save a team mate 5 years younger came up to me and said that a kid. I have coached hockey on and off since I grew up, Peewee through midgets and have been called 'kid' by my players. Am I to be offended?

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #615578 is a reply to message #615576 ]
Tue, 19 November 2013 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

bleedingoil wrote on Tue, 19 November 2013 13:04

Kid is being used as bud or pal. I was playing hockey last night, after I made a big save a team mate 5 years younger came up to me and said that a kid. I have coached hockey on and off since I grew up, Peewee through midgets and have been called 'kid' by my players. Am I to be offended?

If you listen to the interview, it does definitely sound more patronizing than that.

Pages (8): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  >  »]  
Previous Topic:How much to re-sign Hemsky?
Next Topic:Trade Deadline Speculation
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright OilFans.com 1996-2013.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca