This day on October 2
Acquired: Reijo Ruotsalainen (1986) Jim Wiemer (1986) Randy Exelby (1989) Dave Manson (1991)
Departed: Don Jackson (1986) Steve Smith (1991) Kent Manderville (1996)

Happy Birthday To: Prophet, Oilly, Oddlot, Adam, stickler, L.Stanley, ETOWN HERO

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Klefbom up, Arcobello downPages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615049 is a reply to message #615047 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmc  is currently offline hmc

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 18:20

Can you explain how that actually works though? They won't get Klefbom here until tomorrow anyhow, so why the call-up this afternoon? Why not just send him to the airport?

Besides, if Arcobello is coming back to the team tomorrow, then someone else has to either go down or on IR. Is it LaBarbera to waivers with Bryzgalov coming back tomorrow? I assume Bryz is on conditioning stint and so still technically on the NHL team.

But if someone is actually hurt, why is that person playing? Why wasn't there a spare up? And it still doesn't explain playing useless Acton over useful Arcobello.

Eakins keeps talking about earning your icetime, but his fourth line has not done that at all. They play other teams worst players and get owned. It's hypocrisy to have Acton on the ice tonight.

Sounds like Badger was close, but then re-injured himself this morning, and then another D got hurt (Ference maybe?). So they went from having potentially 7 healthy defenseman to 5. Arcobello, because of the late demotion, I think can stay in Edmonton overnight, at which point he can be called up again. I don't know who goes down for him in that scenario though, since Klefbom isn't even arriving in town until tomorrow. Acton, maybe?

That's as close as I can come to making sense of it, but there's still a lot of questions.

Then I'll just regress, because I feel I've made myself perfectly redundant.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615050 is a reply to message #615049 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

hmc wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 16:34

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 18:20

Can you explain how that actually works though? They won't get Klefbom here until tomorrow anyhow, so why the call-up this afternoon? Why not just send him to the airport?

Besides, if Arcobello is coming back to the team tomorrow, then someone else has to either go down or on IR. Is it LaBarbera to waivers with Bryzgalov coming back tomorrow? I assume Bryz is on conditioning stint and so still technically on the NHL team.

But if someone is actually hurt, why is that person playing? Why wasn't there a spare up? And it still doesn't explain playing useless Acton over useful Arcobello.

Eakins keeps talking about earning your icetime, but his fourth line has not done that at all. They play other teams worst players and get owned. It's hypocrisy to have Acton on the ice tonight.

Sounds like Badger was close, but then re-injured himself this morning, and then another D got hurt (Ference maybe?). So they went from having potentially 7 healthy defenseman to 5. Arcobello, because of the late demotion, I think can stay in Edmonton overnight, at which point he can be called up again. I don't know who goes down for him in that scenario though, since Klefbom isn't even arriving in town until tomorrow. Acton, maybe?

That's as close as I can come to making sense of it, but there's still a lot of questions.

I think only way it makes sense to me is if it's LaBarbera going down in the morning with Bryzgalov coming back up.

I think the Oilers fully believe that Acton is some jewel in the rough. Either that or he's the mole for management amongst the players.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615052 is a reply to message #615050 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

2 Cups

I hope Acton gets hurt.

There. That's the worst thing I've ever said about an Oiler, and I'm not proud of it.

It's not personal, Will. It's for the better of the franchise.

"I'm not reading Skoobz' banter." - NotLeeFogolin
Buy out Nikitin.

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615053 is a reply to message #615052 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

3 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 16:53

I hope Acton gets hurt.

There. That's the worst thing I've ever said about an Oiler, and I'm not proud of it.

Don't get how this type of thing can be considered acceptable by our management team. He's very obviously not a good player...so we just let Keith keep his not good hockey players son taking up a spot on the team forever?

[Updated on: Fri, 15 November 2013 17:09]

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment
..limitless potential
..good structural improvement

Eakins: I know EXACTLY what we need to do next year...

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615060 is a reply to message #615053 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

4 Cups

oobga wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 16:55

I hope Acton gets hurt.

Don't get how this type of this can be considered acceptable by our management team. He's very obviously not a good player...so we just let Keith keep his not good hockey players son taking up a spot on the team forever?

You are talking about a team that thought cam barker could still play hockey despite not bring able to skate. It's not obvious.

WAC's and GAB's. WAC's and GAB's.

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615171 is a reply to message #615053 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rukm01  is currently offline rukm01

2 Cups

oobga wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 16:55

I hope Acton gets hurt.

Don't get how this type of thing can be considered acceptable by our management team. He's very obviously not a good player...so we just let Keith keep his not good hockey players son taking up a spot on the team forever?

I recall Eakins saying as the preseason ended that Will Acton was like a smell that wouldn't go away.

Smartest call he's made all year.

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615054 is a reply to message #615052 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

I hope Acton gets hurt.

Which Acton are you wishing harm on? If you're talking about the father, it may not be necessary, because he already appears to be suffering from a head injury. Eakins, MacT, and Lowe all appear to be suffering from head injuries too.

Seriously, someone tell me that they drank something that suddenly dropped their IQ's by 50 points each. I'll take any excuse for the incompetence coming out of this organization over the past month and a half.

"Life is warfare and the sojourn of a stranger in a strange land." - Marcus Aurelius

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615016 is a reply to message #614991 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

It must feel like trade deadline every day as an Oiler player these days.

With the amount of blabbing the GM does about being active trying to make trades. The way it's leaked if he picks up a phone. Names flying around. These players are safe, but none of these are.

And then things like this. When your play is not reflective of your treatment on the team.

I sure hope Eberle doesn't get elbowed in the teeth tonight. Because our GM would trade Perron for John Scott within 12 hours, I'm sure of it.

Limecat Logic

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615020 is a reply to message #615016 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6zeppelin6  is currently offline 6zeppelin6

1 Cup

g2k wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 15:40

It must feel like trade deadline every day as an Oiler player these days.

With the amount of blabbing the GM does about being active trying to make trades. The way it's leaked if he picks up a phone. Names flying around. These players are safe, but none of these are.

And then things like this. When your play is not reflective of your treatment on the team.

I sure hope Eberle doesn't get elbowed in the teeth tonight. Because our GM would trade Perron for John Scott within 12 hours, I'm sure of it.

They would probably just reassign Yak to OKC and make SMac play hurt.

HOPE

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3882/signuz.jpg

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615035 is a reply to message #614991 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Should trade Arco if this is how they're going to treat him. Will be interested to see how Klefbom does...hope he doesn't break something in practice before he can play.

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment
..limitless potential

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615037 is a reply to message #615035 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Arcobello was told yesterday he wasn't going to play against the Sharks. All about size and grit vs SJ.

facepalm.jpg

This organization really has no clue.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 November 2013 16:08]

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615040 is a reply to message #615037 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 16:06

Arcobello was told yesterday he wasn't going to play against the Sharks. All about size and grit vs SJ.

facepalm.jpg

Of course, he does lead the team in hits...

Can Acton keep up to anyone on the Sharks? Maybe we're hoping for another late fight when getting owned...

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615067 is a reply to message #615037 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mars  is currently offline Mars

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 16:06

facepalm.jpg

This organization really has no clue.

Lol. Too funny. Is this for real?

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615043 is a reply to message #614991 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260 is currently online smyth260

2 Cups

So even if the Oilers may be down to 5 defenseman tonight like McKenzie speculates, certainly somebody else could have been sent down.

And then there's the other argument Dreger is proposing, that tonight is all about size and grit. Little Arcobello is too small. Well that is absurd. Hit count is not a great stat by any means, but Arcobello leads the forwards in hits at 41. The next guy is Gazdic at 28.

There was no good reason to send him down. How demotivated would you be if you were Mark Arcobello? Terrible player treatment.

Arcobello is currently trending in Canada on twitter.

Even if he is back up tomorrow, what an undeserved slap in the face. Silliness.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 November 2013 16:15]

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615046 is a reply to message #615043 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 16:10

So even if the Oilers may be down to 5 defenseman tonight like McKenzie speculates, certainly somebody else could have been sent down.

And then there's the other argument Dreger is proposing, that tonight is all about size and grit. Little Arcobello is too small. Well that is absurd. Hit count is not a great stat by any means, but Arcobello leads the forwards in hits at 41. The next guy is Gazdic at 28.

There was no good reason to send him down. How demotivated would you be if you were Mark Arcobello? Terrible player treatment.

Now I have some idea of how Flames fans felt in those months when Feaster refused to admit that the team was in a rebuild. Right now, the Oil management are either A) deceptive, B) delusional, or C) all of the above, and fans that actually know what is going on are getting utterly sick of it.

"Life is warfare and the sojourn of a stranger in a strange land." - Marcus Aurelius

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615082 is a reply to message #614991 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrean  is currently offline Adrean

No Cups

Stolen from MacT's presser thread from yesterday

6zeppelin6 wrote on Thu, 14 November 2013 12:33

Actual quotes from Edm Oil twitter:

The challenge is not to do anything irrational." MacTavish

Challenge FAILED

Is it melancholy to think that a world that Robin Williams can’t live in must be broken? -Russell Brand

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615164 is a reply to message #614991 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Jack Michaels ‏@EdmontonJack
Arcobello has been told to find a place to live in Edmonton.

Maybe the place Will Acton should be getting told to sell or stop renting?

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..limitless potential

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615169 is a reply to message #615164 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

1 Cup

Come on Gretzky, MAN UP!

Let the world know

the OILERS are now the NHL'S MICKEY MOUSE ORGANIZATION!

I would like to be the first to thank Kevin Lowe for the lost decade....

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615172 is a reply to message #615164 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

oobga wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 22:58

They healthy scratched him so he could go house hunting?

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615176 is a reply to message #615172 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 23:31

Nelson's silence on Arco betrays the BS the team is pulling with the roster. Demoted, not in time, maybe scratched, whatever.

I assume this is a temporary thing, until Labarbera is dumped. I wonder if Klefbom even draws in.

"I'm not reading Skoobz' banter." - NotLeeFogolin
Buy out Nikitin.

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615179 is a reply to message #615176 ]
Fri, 15 November 2013 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

4 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 23:36

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 23:31

Nelson's silence on Arco betrays the BS the team is pulling with the roster. Demoted, not in time, maybe scratched, whatever.

I assume this is a temporary thing, until Labarbera is dumped. I wonder if Klefbom even draws in.

There have been so many roster moves that didn't make sense this year, but I guess that'll happen when you have a rookie GM learning on the job. It's almost a shame so many qualified candidates were interviewed and passed over, but I guess that means MacTavish just sparkled during what must have been a grueling series of interviews and evaluations and brainstorming. It's inexcusable to leave a roster with no wiggle room in case on a late injury or illness MULTIPLE times before November. General MANAGER. The manager part of that seems to imply some sort of management skills, but yeah. Relegation.

WAC's and GAB's. WAC's and GAB's.

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615200 is a reply to message #615179 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilerman53  is currently offline Oilerman53

No Cups

Man oh man you......... uhhhhhh..... know......... uhhhhhhhhh.... wait just a sec....... huh? Oh wait now I see the.......... hmmmmmmmmmm.......??

After 8 years of ineptitude you begin to wonder whose the real schmuck? Them for sucking or me for cheering....... *cracks open bottle of whiskey*.

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615211 is a reply to message #615200 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
richbomber  is currently offline richbomber

No Cups

oooh eeeeh ooooh ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang....

the witch doctor has befuddled me.

"We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010.

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615243 is a reply to message #614991 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bryan Halls Toupee  is currently offline Bryan Halls Toupee

No Cups

Any word on how Klefbom has been down in OKC?

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615263 is a reply to message #615243 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bryan Halls Toupee  is currently offline Bryan Halls Toupee

No Cups

And Klef's on his way back to OKC.
Thanks for your answers to my question. icon_rolleyes

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615270 is a reply to message #615263 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Bryan Halls Toupee wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 16:37

And Klef's on his way back to OKC.
Thanks for your answers to my question. icon_rolleyes

I'm not sure anyone knows but Jonathan Willis. No one actually watches OKC. It's painful enough to have one bad hockey team to cheer for (although the record down there is better than the Oilers by far).

Arcobello "recalled" but Jack Michaels says he's unlikely to play. Since he was demoted until this afternoon, I don't think he was allowed to practice with the team even today.

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615276 is a reply to message #615270 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

4 Cups

Yes, but the good news is that Gadzig and Acton are ready to roll!

Learning is the most important part of learning basic defence.

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615282 is a reply to message #615276 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
snowplow  is currently offline snowplow

No Cups

100% correct seems like daddy's little 4th line center is pretty safe on the big club

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615283 is a reply to message #615282 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

I thought the Oilers were getting out of the nepotism game.
http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/gt+prepare+for+feel+gt+burst+out+laughing+_b5df82ea5fc614437cb75a12f7c24ef2.gif

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615290 is a reply to message #615283 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 19:21

http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/gt+prepare+for+feel+gt+burst+out+laughing+_b5df82ea5fc614437cb75a12f7c24ef2.gif

Who told you this?

Your image didn't seem to come through on my iPad.

Perhaps my answer was within?

Limecat Logic

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615302 is a reply to message #615290 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 19:57

Who told you this?

It's a GIF of Nicolas Cage attempting to contain his laughter then breaking out in hysterical laughter.

Re: Klefbom up, Arcobello down [message #615303 is a reply to message #615302 ]
Sat, 16 November 2013 20:24 Go to previous message

2 Cups

Magnum wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 20:22

g2k wrote on Sat, 16 November 2013 19:57

Who told you this?

It's a GIF of Nicolas Cage attempting to contain his laughter then breaking out in hysterical laughter.

Good choice of film for the capture, as I'd like to see some members of the Oil front office getting their faces ripped off their skulls.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #22)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #22)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2014.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca