Departed: Vladimir Ruzicka (1990)

Happy Birthday To: Oilertime, wyliecat, B.Oilers

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610197]
Tue, 15 October 2013 21:19 Go to next message
Oilfanforever!!  is currently offline Oilfanforever!!

1 Cup

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=85764&navid=DL|ED M|home

It's more like "All In Trouble!!"

Talk about timing!!

Anybody else want to watch this less then I do right about now!!!?? lol

Man, I love this team....gawd it hurts...IT HURTS!!!! faint

"I hope that went well. ... that's the team I want to go to..." -Taylor Hall.

...asked if he was excited for the draft to be over, Yakupov said: "It's not over. It's just starting."

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610198 is a reply to message #610197 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

I didn't even tune in last season. Trying to inject excitement into a stale corpse. At this point it's Weekend at Bernie's without the funny.

They should switch it to the Leafs or Sens, and I'm not even kidding. I'd much rather watch a team that is actually trending up.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 October 2013 21:30]

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610199 is a reply to message #610198 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

1 Cup

nullterm wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 21:22

I didn't even tune in last season. It's sad they are keeping their series alive trying to pump life into a corpse. At this point it's Weekend at Bernie's without the funny.

So Weekend at Bernies 2?

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610202 is a reply to message #610199 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 20:28

I didn't even tune in last season. It's sad they are keeping their series alive trying to pump life into a corpse. At this point it's Weekend at Bernie's without the funny.

So Weekend at Bernies 2?

Pretty much hahaha

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610200 is a reply to message #610198 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6zeppelin6  is currently offline 6zeppelin6

1 Cup

Haha Dubnyk real took this years motto seriously. "All in the net"

HOPE

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3882/signuz.jpg

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610205 is a reply to message #610197 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

2 Cups

As in "All In Vain"?

oilerinvan should never leave Oilfans.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610228 is a reply to message #610197 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

Sigh. I used to love these. I thought it was pretty interesting at some of the life of player's outside the game. And the production value was pretty great.

But I'm just really tired of them documenting a bunch of losers. This was supposed to be a team on the rise, and that just hasn't happened. It's become a depressing series.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610231 is a reply to message #610228 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rutuu  is currently offline Rutuu

No Cups

Completely agree.

Showing a Flames Fan an in depth documentary about the Flames circa 1996-2002 would be incredible as they were atrocious. Sadly I feel this series is going to become a punchline for Oiler nation for years and years to come.

Unbelievable timing.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610277 is a reply to message #610228 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 00:24

Sigh. I used to love these. I thought it was pretty interesting at some of the life of player's outside the game. And the production value was pretty great.

But I'm just really tired of them documenting a bunch of losers. This was supposed to be a team on the rise, and that just hasn't happened. It's become a depressing series.

At what point do they stop having the cameras follow these guys around? This surely is becoming a bit of a punch line for the rest of the league. They must get decent ratings to keep doing these, but geez...enough of the inside look in to the operations of hockey's least successful franchise since 2007.

Although it kind of is like an HBO show, where you're never sure if they're going to kill off a key cast member at any time. Every year, we get a new coach to talk to the camera and explain his philosophy (although nothing made me question the hiring of Ralph Krueger more than giving him a lot of camera time on the only episode of this I saw last winter). Then BANG, just when you're starting to feel attached to the character, Lowe calls him in to his office and sends him packing.

I guess it wouldn't have been very fair to MacTavish not to have him able to be the star for a while after three years of Tambellini up on the marquee.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610281 is a reply to message #610277 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 10:07

At what point do they stop having the cameras follow these guys around? This surely is becoming a bit of a punch line for the rest of the league. They must get decent ratings to keep doing these, but geez...enough of the inside look in to the operations of hockey's least successful franchise since 2007.

Although it kind of is like an HBO show, where you're never sure if they're going to kill off a key cast member at any time. Every year, we get a new coach to talk to the camera and explain his philosophy (although nothing made me question the hiring of Ralph Krueger more than giving him a lot of camera time on the only episode of this I saw last winter). Then BANG, just when you're starting to feel attached to the character, Lowe calls him in to his office and sends him packing.

I guess it wouldn't have been very fair to MacTavish not to have him able to be the star for a while after three years of Tambellini up on the marquee.

When do we as fans start to question what the Oilers are all about? Is the organization focused on winning? Results aside, I can't say that it is. Too many decisions have been made for personal reasons, for brand awareness reasons, for land development reasons, or for cash flow reasons for me to believe winning is the central focus of this team. And I think the one ice results prove this and my theory that there is an internal rot inside the Oilers that starts at the very top.

WAC's and GAB's. WAC's and GAB's.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610282 is a reply to message #610281 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mars  is currently offline Mars

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 10:20

When do we as fans start to question what the Oilers are all about? Is the organization focused on winning? Results aside, I can't say that it is. Too many decisions have been made for personal reasons, for brand awareness reasons, for land development reasons, or for cash flow reasons for me to believe winning is the central focus of this team. And I think the one ice results prove this and my theory that there is an internal rot inside the Oilers that starts at the very top.

Empty seats and low mechandise sales will send a message.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610285 is a reply to message #610282 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Mars wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 10:23

We're the same as Leafs fans now. The only way that message gets sent is if the new arena has too many seats and suddenly there isn't a perceived ticket scarcity. Otherwise, well, we're trapped being Leafs fans.

One would think the standings would be sending a message. It's certainly sending a message to me.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610288 is a reply to message #610285 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

4 Cups

Although I can't stand Brian Burke, at this point, I'd like D-Katz to hire him just to spite Lowe.

Learning is the most important part of learning basic defence.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610290 is a reply to message #610282 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

How many times do you think they said that in Toronto during the Ballard days...or in Chicago during the Dollar Bill Wirtz days? There are some markets where you're just not going to be successful in staging a boycott. Edmonton is currently one of those.

Besides, even if you were successful, they'd just fire Eakins and tell you he was the whole problem and now the future is paved with gold.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610412 is a reply to message #610290 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 11:19

How many times do you think they said that in Toronto during the Ballard days...or in Chicago during the Dollar Bill Wirtz days? There are some markets where you're just not going to be successful in staging a boycott. Edmonton is currently one of those.

Besides, even if you were successful, they'd just fire Eakins and tell you he was the whole problem and now the future is paved with gold.

Right, so what then? Keep selling out all home games, tuning into Oil Change and buying more merchandise each year while complaining nothing changes? I suppose that's one approach, but nothing grabs a business owners attention like decreasing revenue. Does the same approach work for owners of professional sports franchises? It's debatable.

Growing up in Sask and having Rider season tickets during there suckage decade(s) we got tired of all the driving and effort to attend the games to watch garbage. After spending years complaining we decided that the only thing we controlled was our behavior, so we cancelled our season tickets. Did it change anything with the Riders? Don't know, don't really care either, cause at least we did something other than gripe.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610415 is a reply to message #610412 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 08:07 Go to previous message

4 Cups

Mars wrote on Thu, 17 October 2013 06:55

Adam wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 11:19

Right, so what then? Keep selling out all home games, tuning into Oil Change and buying more merchandise each year while complaining nothing changes? I suppose that's one approach, but nothing grabs a business owners attention like decreasing revenue. Does the same approach work for owners of professional sports franchises? It's debatable.

Growing up in Sask and having Rider season tickets during there suckage decade(s) we got tired of all the driving and effort to attend the games to watch garbage. After spending years complaining we decided that the only thing we controlled was our behavior, so we cancelled our season tickets. Did it change anything with the Riders? Don't know, don't really care either, cause at least we did something other than gripe.

Yeah, but in all fairness, the Riders missed the playoffs for 11 years. The Oilers are ONLY at 8. We have a loooooong way to go.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610255 is a reply to message #610197 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

I'm a fan of the series because it feels like it gives me insight into the operations of my team.

Now it feels like sugar to help the medicine go down.

In the end, it feels more like Stockholm syndrome.

boom

The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610260 is a reply to message #610255 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Nothing gives me better insight to the operations of my team than the product on the ice. What's the old basketball saying? Ball don't lie? Puck don't lie, boys and girls.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610259 is a reply to message #610197 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rukm01  is currently offline rukm01

2 Cups

"The Poise™ on the Bus"

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610262 is a reply to message #610197 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

My suggestion to the Oilers is to knock off all the shenanigans and focus on playing hockey.

This is nothing more than a distraction at this point in the team's development.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610263 is a reply to message #610197 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

3 Cups

Awesome. More scenes to remove all doubt that the management of this team is far from even average. Some snippets from last season made my disdain for Lowe and company even stronger than if these stories were never told.

Hopefully this season opens off with Lowe telling us: “I think I know a little something about winning.” with that absurd smirk of superiority. Included in this scene will have to be MacTavish's promise of "bold moves". Can't even imagine what behind the scenes insider scoop comes with this opening chapter with the "changing" of the guard from Tambo to MacT.

From the first season, this has been truly a marketing disaster for the Oilers. I'm shocked that the Oilers are so inept to realize it and allow this to continue.

"I still feel like the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment" - MacT

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610266 is a reply to message #610197 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dkb19  is currently offline dkb19

1 Cup

This team doesn't need an oil change, it needs a tranny flush. Lowe must go!

5 Cups and counting.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610268 is a reply to message #610197 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

4 Cups

Guessing this one will be largely about MacT's off-season moves, lots of focus on Nurse and how well he played and how he's going to be awesome. Lots about Eakins and how he's going to turn things around. Probably will end showing the come-back victory against the still winless Devils. The next ep will be the hard one to make if the team keeps losing.

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment
..limitless potential
..good structural improvement

Eakins: I know EXACTLY what we need to do next year...

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610269 is a reply to message #610197 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmc  is currently offline hmc

4 Cups

Oilers: "All in!"

Rest of League *immediately*: "Call."

Oilers: "Wait…kidding!"

League: "Too late. Let's see what you've got."

Oilers turn over 2-7 unsuited. The table misses them completely.

Oilers: Oh well, see you next year!

This has been 'Oil Change: All In'. See you next year for 'Season 5: Paper-Rock-Scissors, "Why Doesn't Rock Beat Everything?".

Then I'll just regress, because I feel I've made myself perfectly redundant.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610271 is a reply to message #610269 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feepa  is currently offline feepa

1 Cup

I normally don't simply just respond LOL to a post, but this one... this one is worthy!!!

LOL!!! I did actually lol! At work! People looked at me funny.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610300 is a reply to message #610269 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

4 Cups

hmc wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 09:48

Oilers: "All in!"

Rest of League *immediately*: "Call."

Oilers: "Wait…kidding!"

League: "Too late. Let's see what you've got."

Oilers turn over 2-7 unsuited. The table misses them completely.

Oilers: Oh well, see you next year!

This has been 'Oil Change: All In'. See you next year for 'Season 5: Paper-Rock-Scissors, "Why Doesn't Rock Beat Everything?".

Well done. Dang, someone needs to use their gif making skills to put Lowe and/or MacT's heads in a video of someone sucking at poker.

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment
..limitless potential
..good structural improvement

Eakins: I know EXACTLY what we need to do next year...

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610270 is a reply to message #610197 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ronster  is currently offline ronster

1 Cup

Im really surprised they are continuing this series.

I was a big proponent now it's a waste of time. I know the league thinks we are a joke, but replaying the BS just makes it worse.

Funny enough on that Eakins feature on HNIC, it was said Eakins said no cameras in the dressing room for Oil Change.

Should be a quick 30 mins...lose, lose, get on plane, lose, somebody gets injured, somebody gets called up, shootout win, lose...

EDIT: on the post done by HMC above, well played sir. Well played.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 October 2013 09:52]

Adam wrote

Maybe it's fitting to have found religion in the room because on most nights this team doesn't have a prayer.

Re: Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th [message #610296 is a reply to message #610197 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dr. Oil  is currently offline Dr. Oil

2 Cups

Oil Change is such a farce. One of my biggest pet peeves about the Lowe regime (and there are many) has been the transparency of the organization, and how much more they reveal to the media than other teams.

For instance, this "swarm" system-- is it normal for a coach to announce his systems play in advance of a season, giving rival coaches ample time to pick it apart? It just doesn't sound like something other teams talk about.

And MacT huffing and puffing about being impatient and BOLD.

Why can't this team shut up, keep business behind closed doors, and do something about winning hockey games?

Previous Topic:Jones recalled
Next Topic:Yakupov resistant to change under Eakins
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2014.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca