Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/CoyotesPages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544536]
Tue, 28 September 2010 13:16 Go to next message
KenMoreira  is currently offline KenMoreira

No Cups

The lineup for tonight:

Magnus Paajarvi (91) - Sam Gagner (89) - Ales Hemsky (83)
Dustin Penner (27) - Andrew Cogliano (13) - Gilbert Brule (67)
Liam Reddox (85) - Colin Fraser (16) - Ryan Jones (28)
Alexandre Giroux (12) - Ryan O'Marra (42) - Colin McDonald (57)

Ladislav Smid (5) - Alex Plante (48)
Taylor Chorney (41) - Tom Gilbert (77)
Richard Petiot (37) - Kurtis Foster (26)

Jeff Deslauriers (38)
Martin Gerber (29)

as per oiler twitter

Paajarvi-Gagner-Hemsky
Hall-Horcoff-Eberle
Penner-Cogliano-Brule
Omark-Vande Velde-Ondrus

I would LOVE to see this full lineup for the game against PHX. Its preseason so you dont really need an energy / grind line cause the points don't exist.
These four lines would just bring excitement and help the staff evaluate the remaining big names before another round of cuts. ( on offence)

ModEdit. Figure since we have the lineups, we start the game thread.

Thanks Mod, Personal edit: Haven't see much of Ondrus, can anyone fill me in on the player perks and style type

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Todays Line combos in practice [message #544537 is a reply to message #544536 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmc  is currently offline hmc

1 Cup

Yeah, that'd be pretty sweet to roll those 4 lines.

Cogs in the middle of 2 competent faceoff men. Why not just throw him on the wing, and let Penner or Brule have at it (faceoffs I mean, not the position).

Then I'll just regress, because I feel I've made myself perfectly redundant.

Re: Todays Line combos in practice [message #544538 is a reply to message #544537 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SantaC  is currently offline SantaC

No Cups

hmm those lines pretty much indicate that Omark is cut :(

Re: Todays Line combos in practice [message #544553 is a reply to message #544538 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

1 Cup

Not a very physical lineup, I just hope the Coyotes aren't planning on gooning it up with all of our stars and future stars out there with little protection. Of course Penner could always play like his frame size, and I havent seen who we're dressing on D.

Re: Todays Line combos in practice [message #544555 is a reply to message #544553 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

1 Cup

jds308 wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 14:36

I havent seen who we're dressing on D.

From Jim Matheson, but bring out the grain of salt...he has a different forward line-up

Defence:

— Ladislav Smid-Alex Plante

— Taylor Chorney-Tom Gilbert

— Richard Petiot-Kurtis Foster

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Oilers+play+wait+with+ Souray/3592078/story.html#ixzz10rJtgA3W

Re: Todays Line combos in practice [message #544556 is a reply to message #544555 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6zeppelin6  is currently offline 6zeppelin6

No Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 14:43

jds308 wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 14:36

I havent seen who we're dressing on D.

From Jim Matheson, but bring out the grain of salt...he has a different forward line-up

Defence:

— Ladislav Smid-Alex Plante

— Taylor Chorney-Tom Gilbert

— Richard Petiot-Kurtis Foster

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Oilers+play+wait+with+ Souray/3592078/story.html#ixzz10rJtgA3W

Matheson's right the Oilers twitter was just the practice lines, and retweeted as being "interesting" the official lineup is what Matheson has.

When you get all set to watch the game, and within 10 minutes the Oilers are losing:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2wd0gth.gif

Re: Todays Line combos in practice [message #544567 is a reply to message #544537 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stogie  is currently offline stogie

No Cups

hmcewan wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 13:19

Cogs in the middle of 2 competent faceoff men. Why not just throw him on the wing, and let Penner or Brule have at it (faceoffs I mean, not the position).

I remember a few years ago when Comrie was supposed to be our first line centre. It seemed like he got thrown out of the circle 80% of the time because he could only win a faceoff if he was cheating. I wonder if Cogs will employ the same strategy and then just let one of the other guys come in and take the draw?

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544539 is a reply to message #544536 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

No Cups

They need to stop putting Omark on the lower lines, damn it. We need to see this guy in more action.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544540 is a reply to message #544539 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Omark, I think will be cut. No spot for him really. Rather him in OKC top 6.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544541 is a reply to message #544539 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 15:21

They need to stop putting Omark on the lower lines, damn it. We need to see this guy in more action.

They do, but VDV and BO are at least better than MacIntyre and whatever other plugs they've stuck him with. Ondrus obviously has no shot at the team, but he'll be a serviceable guy in OKC, and VDV has some game for sure.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544542 is a reply to message #544536 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

1 Cup

On Omark. Just because he starts in the AHL doesn't mean he still won't see 40+ games in the NHL this season. Say Omark starts the AHL on fire and someone like Paajarvi or Eberle slumps? None of these guys have to worry about waivers and the Oilers have freedom to move them around.

There will be slumps. There will be successes. None of these guys are anywhere near their prime yet, and we should expect some growing pains. If there are significant challengers in the AHL, the Oilers are finally doing things right and get to use their minor league affiliate for its purpose.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544543 is a reply to message #544542 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

MJ wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 13:28

On Omark. Just because he starts in the AHL doesn't mean he still won't see 40+ games in the NHL this season. Say Omark starts the AHL on fire and someone like Paajarvi or Eberle slumps? None of these guys have to worry about waivers and the Oilers have freedom to move them around.

There will be slumps. There will be successes. None of these guys are anywhere near their prime yet, and we should expect some growing pains. If there are significant challengers in the AHL, the Oilers are finally doing things right and get to use their minor league affiliate for its purpose.

This pretty much says it all prefectly. Thumbs up for you sir!

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544544 is a reply to message #544542 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Sending down Eberle or Paajarvi during season is something that probably wont happen since it would cause a ****storm among the fans.

However, can't Omark take Brule's or Cogs spot?What's so farfetched with that? Oh Omark should just convert to a center.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 September 2010 13:35]

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544546 is a reply to message #544544 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
darkknight  is currently offline darkknight

No Cups

Boooya. You have to keep Cogs-Brule-Penner together....like i said in the "Keep the first line together thread."

I'm sure we will have good and bad streaks this year but looking at that lineup (if it stays healty) i can't see us not making the playoffs.

He shoots, he Sykoras

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544549 is a reply to message #544544 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

1 Cup

SantaC wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 13:33

Sending down Eberle or Paajarvi during season is something that probably wont happen since it would cause a ****storm among the fans.

However, can't Omark take Brule's or Cogs spot?What's so farfetched with that? Oh Omark should just convert to a center.

Omark cannot take Cogliano or Brule's spot right now. 0 NHL experience versus 3 years NHL experience is a very tough argument. And what then could happen? We're not sending either of these candidates to the AHL.

As far as your first comment, please think this through. There will be slumps. When one of those candidates go on a 10 game point slump, believe me, there will be people calling for them to be sent down before the team does it. Don't reach for the panic button. Omark has his opportunity this season. 82 games takes a long time.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544550 is a reply to message #544549 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BleedOil  is currently offline BleedOil

No Cups

MJ wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 14:17

Omark cannot take Cogliano or Brule's spot right now. 0 NHL experience versus 3 years NHL experience is a very tough argument. And what then could happen? We're not sending either of these candidates to the AHL.

As far as your first comment, please think this through. There will be slumps. When one of those candidates go on a 10 game point slump, believe me, there will be people calling for them to be sent down before the team does it. Don't reach for the panic button. Omark has his opportunity this season. 82 games takes a long time.

Not to mention if any of the wingers on the top 3 lines gets injured at some point.

"One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane"
--- Nikola Tesla

People who have responsibility without rights are slaves. People who have rights without responsibility are leeches.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544551 is a reply to message #544549 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

MJ wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 13:17

I'm definitely not worried about Omark getting his time in, I just wish it was sooner. Ill wait it out, but I seriously can't wait hahaha. If that makes sense.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544570 is a reply to message #544542 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Legion  is currently offline Legion

No Cups

Someone was listening to Rishaug on Oilers Lunch today!

Game Sold
www.twitter.com/steve_schulte

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544554 is a reply to message #544536 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azashi  is currently offline azashi

No Cups

Please tell me this isn't on Sportsnet One.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544557 is a reply to message #544554 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hero  is currently offline hero

No Cups

azashi wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 14:40

Please tell me this isn't on Sportsnet One.

As Per Sunshines Dad:

http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=39023&st art=0&rid=1921&SQ=5d67834b3584f65677174031de77b30a

Wednesday, September 22 @ Vancouver, 8:00pm on Sportsnet ONE companion channel Sportsnet Oilers
Thursday, September 23 vs Tampa Bay, 7:00pm on TSN
Sunday, September 26 vs Vancouver, 6:00pm on Sportsnet ONE companion channel Sportsnet Oilers
Wednesday, September 29 vs Phoenix, 7:00pm on Sportsnet ONE companion channel Sportsnet Oilers
Friday, October 1 vs Calgary, 7:00pm on Sportsnet ONE companion channel Sportsnet Oilers
Sunday, October 3 @ Calgary, 6:00pm on Sportsnet ONE companion channel Sportsnet Flames

Looks like all remaining games are on Sportsnet One until October 7....

[Updated on: Tue, 28 September 2010 15:00]

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544562 is a reply to message #544557 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Screw that useless channel.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544563 is a reply to message #544562 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

i wonder why hfboards havent gotten the lines yet. They still make up their own lines for tomorrows game.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544568 is a reply to message #544562 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Lol it's amazing how quickly the world owes you something. How many preseason games were televised last year?

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544569 is a reply to message #544568 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

JonProject wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 17:13

Lol it's amazing how quickly the world owes you something. How many preseason games were televised last year?

How many people cared about the Oilers last year?

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544571 is a reply to message #544569 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Legion  is currently offline Legion

No Cups

<----- Never give up, Never Surrender!

Game Sold
www.twitter.com/steve_schulte

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544618 is a reply to message #544569 ]
Wed, 29 September 2010 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Lots did before the official collapse in regular season

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544619 is a reply to message #544618 ]
Wed, 29 September 2010 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

3 Cups

I suppose it's a nice problem to have - 10 legitimate option for our top 9.

Guaranteed to be there:

Penner
Hemsky
Horcoff
Gagner

Pretty much guaranteed to be in there:

Hall
Paajarvi
Eberle
Brule

That leaves Omark and Cogliano. I understand the argument about Cogliano having 3 years experience, but Omark just oozes potential. Now Cogliano hasn't had the best linemates the last couple of years, but when he did at the end of last year, he put up some pretty good numbers. Both are just 23 years old, so plenty of room for them to improve still - it just sucks that one of them is going to draw the short straw.

What about playing one of them on the 4th line? Maybe Omark since he has no problem going around 4 guys to score? A couple of energy guys and a bit of scoring potential?

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544572 is a reply to message #544568 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

No Cups

Right now I'm ok with missing preseason games, but this will dig into the regular season. I'm giving Bell 60 days and then I'm switching to Shaw. They do give some amazing trade-in deals on used competitor equipment and are roughly the same price.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544574 is a reply to message #544572 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fridge01  is currently offline Fridge01

No Cups

Ya, I am hung with Bell right now too... anyone know where a guy could go to watch this online tonight???

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544575 is a reply to message #544574 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brumas  is currently offline Brumas

No Cups

Somewhere they have a time machine because the game is tomorrow night.

RAWR!!!!

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544576 is a reply to message #544575 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Oiler hfboards dont like the idea that omark is demoted to 4th line again.

Omark sure will cause some emotions this year

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544578 is a reply to message #544576 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Well, where do they see him?

In Hall's place? In Penner's?

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544580 is a reply to message #544578 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

azashi wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 18:19

Well, where do they see him?

In Hall's place? In Penner's?

in cogs place or possibly brule. Hall is untouchable, everybody knows that.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544591 is a reply to message #544580 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I'm not sure that's been thought through very well.

Brule is a legitimate centre, one of the few we have who can actually man up on the dot.

Cogs doesn't have a place of his own yet, as far as I can tell. We're trying to work him in but he fits nowhere right now, because he's horrible at faceoffs.

Using a 5'9, 170lb left-winger with no centre experience that we're aware of in one of two potential centre spots may not be what the coaches have in mind.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544577 is a reply to message #544574 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

www.atdhe.net Its where I watch all the PPV games. Its pretty great for all sports.

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544583 is a reply to message #544577 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 18:15

www.atdhe.net Its where I watch all the PPV games. Its pretty great for all sports.

Thanks to the fact that i have very basic cable possible, thats where i watch ALL games :) Unless streamed via tsn or otherwise.

Was going to post this link but i was unsure of the forum rules on site links

Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544584 is a reply to message #544583 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

KenMoreira wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 21:57

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 18:15

Thanks to the fact that i have very basic cable possible, thats where i watch ALL games :) Unless streamed via tsn or otherwise.

Was going to post this link but i was unsure of the forum rules on site links

Yeah, should be in OT.

I Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544603 is a reply to message #544584 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremyd88  is currently offline Jeremyd88

No Cups

I just saw Hall at River Cree Casino. And he said he was not dressing for next game? hmm

Anyways, it was fun seeing him Ebs, strudwick and dubby out playing some craps! I joined them for a few =)

"Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.” - Jacques Plante

Re: I Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544604 is a reply to message #544603 ]
Tue, 28 September 2010 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

If hes not dressing, then I bet Omark will be bumped up to the 2nd line.

Re: I Re: Pre-season Game 4: Oilers/Coyotes [message #544606 is a reply to message #544604 ]
Wed, 29 September 2010 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

2 Cups

Another note on Omark, someone said he hasn't proved anything yet in the NHL, but said Cogs has. Hall, Eberle and Pajaarvi have proved nothing in the NHL either, I guess Cogs is better than them as well by that merit, or maybe Studwick, he's someone who's proven something in the NHL.

Omark has proven himself more than any of the rookies at camp, that doesn't mean he's the best of the four, but it does mean he's something special, maybe more special than current NHLers we have.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Souray, Gerber on Waivers + others sent down....
Next Topic:Training Camp Thread
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca