This day on June 10
Acquired: Grant Fuhr (1981) Marc Habscheid (1981) Gord Sherven (1981) Steve Smith (1981) Todd Strueby (1981)

Happy Birthday To: Oil4ever, brats647, b.anthony

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463487]
Mon, 16 February 2009 01:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

3 Cups

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Phoenix to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2008-09 Regular Season
Monday, December 22, 2008Phoenix 2 @ Edmonton 4Win
Sunday, January 18, 2009Phoenix 3 @ Edmonton 6Win
Monday, February 16, 2009Edmonton 3 @ Phoenix 1Win
Thursday, March 26, 2009Edmonton 2 @ Phoenix 3Loss
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 3-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 10/5 Total: 15
Home / Road Goals Against: 5/4 Total: 9

2007-08 Regular Season
Thursday, October 18, 2007Edmonton 4 @ Phoenix 2Win
Thursday, January 10, 2008Phoenix 2 @ Edmonton 5Win
Saturday, March 15, 2008Edmonton 5 @ Phoenix 2Win
Tuesday, March 18, 2008Phoenix 4 @ Edmonton 8Win
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 2-0-0       Overall Record: 4-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 13/9 Total: 22
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/4 Total: 10

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463493 is a reply to message #463487 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marinermoose  is currently offline marinermoose

No Cups

I'll be at the game tonight in sunny Phoenix!

Is tonight the night JDD gets a start? It's the first of back-to-backs and Roli's started 12 straight, and I doubt they'll throw JDD to the wolves against the Sharks on Tuesday... I'm guessing JDD starts tonight.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463500 is a reply to message #463493 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

3 Cups

marinermoose wrote on Mon, 16 February 2009 03:50

Is tonight the night JDD gets a start? It's the first of back-to-backs and Roli's started 12 straight, and I doubt they'll throw JDD to the wolves against the Sharks on Tuesday... I'm guessing JDD starts tonight.

You're not winning against San Jose anyways, may as well start the backup there. Phoenix is a much more important game.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463508 is a reply to message #463500 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RedRooster  is currently offline RedRooster

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 16 February 2009 09:50

You're not winning against San Jose anyways, may as well start the backup there. Phoenix is a much more important game.

Exactly. All these years of putting the backup in against the junk team and then the #1 in against the unbeatable team, resulting in two losses, just doesn't work. You gotta have the easy ones, gotta. Roli tonight JDD tomorrow.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463520 is a reply to message #463508 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

RedRooster wrote on Mon, 16 February 2009 10:59

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 16 February 2009 09:50

Exactly. All these years of putting the backup in against the junk team and then the #1 in against the unbeatable team, resulting in two losses, just doesn't work. You gotta have the easy ones, gotta. Roli tonight JDD tomorrow.

I like and agree with your (and NetBOGs) thought process. Unfortunately I believe Dark Knights thoughts (above) are likely what will happen.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 February 2009 12:08]

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463544 is a reply to message #463500 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We.Want.Cup  is currently offline We.Want.Cup

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 16 February 2009 08:50

Fans like you are annoying! Who says that... Either cheer for the team or pick another one.

I HATE SOME OIL FANS!

Remeber earlier in the year when SJ was on fire at home and we went in and won the game.... Good times. Did you cheer when we won or pick the performance apart?

Believe

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463550 is a reply to message #463544 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beerfish Revisited  is currently offline Beerfish Revisited

1 Cup

We.Want.Cup wrote on Mon, 16 February 2009 15:19

Fans like you are annoying! Who says that... Either cheer for the team or pick another one.

I HATE SOME OIL FANS!

Remeber earlier in the year when SJ was on fire at home and we went in and won the game.... Good times. Did you cheer when we won or pick the performance apart?

I take i you wee happy and clapped your hands at the good effort of the 8-3, 9-2 and 10-2 games? The Oilers have their critics and their doubters and they have earned the skepticism.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463555 is a reply to message #463544 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I HATE SOME OIL FANS!

Way to totally miss the point, Dude blind Love!

He's a passionate fan. With his eyes open. He's just stating what HE thinks is in the best interest of the Oilers.

People are allowed to have opinions on what the coaching staff does regarding the best interest of the Oilers.

P.S. (little off topic regarding Rolie and the Sharks) This "having a teams number" when it comes to goalies doesn't really go that far for me. You are either on a hot streak.....or not. I know masses will disagree.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 February 2009 16:44]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463557 is a reply to message #463555 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We.Want.Cup  is currently offline We.Want.Cup

No Cups

gretzky2kurri wrote on Mon, 16 February 2009 16:41

I HATE SOME OIL FANS!

He's a passionate fan. With his eyes open. He's just stating what HE thinks is in the best interest of the Oilers.

People are allowed to have opinions on what the coaching staff does regarding the best interest of the Oilers.

P.S. (little off topic regarding Rolie and the Sharks) This "having a teams number" when it comes to goalies doesn't really go that far for me. You are either on a hot streak.....or not. I know masses will disagree.

What point did i miss?

He said "You're not winning against San Jose anyways, may as well start the backup there."

I just think that true fans dont' say crap like that. Do you think players on the team are sitting in the room saying, "well we arent' going to win against SJ so we might as well through in the towel."

Of course not.

I am a fan that never gives up on the Oil and yes, after those blow out games i was ticked off but it's part of the game. We also have twice won 7-2 this year. That's a part of the game. I take the good with the bad.

"not going to win against SJ anyways". What a stupid comment. Go find another team to cheer for. Like the flames or something.

Believe

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463559 is a reply to message #463557 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

We.Want.Cup wrote on Mon, 16 February 2009 16:59

I HATE SOME OIL FANS!

What point did i miss?

He said "You're not winning against San Jose anyways, may as well start the backup there."

I just think that true fans dont' say crap like that. Do you think players on the team are sitting in the room saying, "well we arent' going to win against SJ so we might as well through in the towel."

Of course not.

I am a fan that never gives up on the Oil and yes, after those blow out games i was ticked off but it's part of the game. We also have twice won 7-2 this year. That's a part of the game. I take the good with the bad.

"not going to win against SJ anyways". What a stupid comment. Go find another team to cheer for. Like the flames or something.

Don't be so polyanna. Even the truest of Oiler fans doesn't think this team can go 82-0.

Explore the concept of asset management.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463560 is a reply to message #463557 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

I HATE SOME OIL FANS!

What point did i miss?

Of course not.

Oh, come on.....all the guy is saying is that the likelihood of a win against the Sharks is low, and it might make sense to start the backup in that game....I kind of agree with that philosophy.

Don't go spouting about what a "true fan" is, good grief. You think he's hoping for a loss against SJ? No. Get some air and tone down the "true fan" rhetoric. Don't flame a guy for being an Oiler fan long enough to have a grasp of reality.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463565 is a reply to message #463557 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MyBestGuess  is currently offline MyBestGuess

1 Cup

I HATE SOME OIL FANS!

What point did i miss?

Of course not.

Hey way to make friends here We.Want.Cup. icon_rolleyes

Go back to making videos if you can't handle the reality that true Oiler fans can be critical and can vent versus accepting mediocrity year after year.

Oilers Goal Horn
http://skreemr.com/link.jsp?id=6B5D44535654

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463566 is a reply to message #463565 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Copperoiler  is currently offline Copperoiler

1 Cup

Sorry to break up the emo theatrics....

But...

You know what really grinds my gears....

Not watching my beloved Oilers in HD....

Dammit....

Been seein' a lot of Lo-Fi games lately...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Copperoiler/4drktfn.gif

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463570 is a reply to message #463566 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
huynh  is currently offline huynh

No Cups

Once you have HD, watching this game without it hurts the eyes... I still can't believe the difference it makes for a hockey game.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463504 is a reply to message #463493 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DeZoE  is currently offline DeZoE

No Cups

I have a friend going to that game tonight. Oiler jersey right behind the Phoenix bench!

I'm not wearing pants...

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463546 is a reply to message #463493 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B.Oilers  is currently offline B.Oilers

No Cups

Not sure since the Oilers website says its the same line-up. Should mean Roli is still in net.

Quote:

LINEUP UPDATE: The Oilers will be going with the exact same lineup as they had on Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles. That means Steve MacIntyre is out once again as well as Fernando Pisani. The defence pairings remain the same: Smid/Gilbert, Staios/Souray and Peckham/Strudwick.

OILERS TO WATCH: Robert Nilsson was held scoreless on Saturday after registering four assists in four games but he’s done well against Phoenix scoring 2-3-5 in three games...Shawn Horcoff has three points in two games since returning from a minor injury. He’s won 53.3% of his face-offs (625-1173) this season to rank 21st in the league and he leads the NHL in face-offs (1173) and is 2nd in face-offs won (625)...Andrew Cogliano has one goal and eight assists in six games vs. Phoenix.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463495 is a reply to message #463487 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oil Tycoon  is currently offline Oil Tycoon

No Cups

Absolutely no reason why the Oil should not win this game. A must win given their next opponent Tuesday night. I'm calling a 4-1 Oiler win.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463496 is a reply to message #463495 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cableguy  is currently offline cableguy

No Cups

A win tonight would put Phoenix in a pretty big hole down the stretch and could land the Oil in 5th for the time being. Its time to start using cliches like "Must Win" and "Huge game" in every post. I am kind of nervous for this one actually.

Still jaded but we've got McDavid

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463498 is a reply to message #463487 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfanforever!!  is currently offline Oilfanforever!!

No Cups

Yeah - anytime I hear the words "should win" with this team it makes me nervous! I think there might be more urgency in the desert right now then in Oil Country to make the playoffs and after putting up 5 goals against the Flames the other night - I say this game is a 50/50 chance we win!!

JDD should start but since when does common sense and reason factor into MacT's decision making?! lol

I almost think we have a better shot at beating the Sharks tomorrow night as we will have waaaay more urgency in that game then tonight!! Prove me wrong boys - prove me wrong!!
GO OILERS GO!!

"McDavid is as good as I’ve seen in the last 30 years, the best player to come into the league in the last 30 years." Gretzky

"I think it goes without saying that there is a lot of pressure on me," McDavid

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463503 is a reply to message #463498 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Oilfanforever!! wrote on Mon, 16 February 2009 08:14

Yeah - anytime I hear the words "should win" with this team it makes me nervous! I think there might be more urgency in the desert right now then in Oil Country to make the playoffs and after putting up 5 goals against the Flames the other night - I say this game is a 50/50 chance we win!!

JDD should start but since when does common sense and reason factor into MacT's decision making?! lol

I almost think we have a better shot at beating the Sharks tomorrow night as we will have waaaay more urgency in that game then tonight!! Prove me wrong boys - prove me wrong!!
GO OILERS GO!!

With the way the Sharks have struggled of late with keeping the puck out of the net you'd think we'd have a pretty good shot, but I see us as being slump busters for San Jose. Gotta beat the desert dogs tonight.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463507 is a reply to message #463503 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
darkknight  is currently offline darkknight

No Cups

I don't see JDD put in any time soon unless Rollie has a terrible performance...Mac T loves riding goalies until the hot streak ends. He'll play against both Phoenix and San Jose.

I think this game tonight will come down to who makes the last mistake. Seeing the bad giveaways we've been doing on our PP and the shorthanded chances against us the possibilty we make it is fairly high.

Still going 3-2 Oil. Moreau game winner.

He shoots, he Sykoras

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463509 is a reply to message #463507 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saskoilfan  is currently offline saskoilfan

No Cups

We need to win 2 of these next three games and well im thinkin our best bet would be a win against the Yotes and Stars. San Jose will be a tough one but i could see JDD stealing the show in a game like that. I hope he starts tonight. We need Rollie in against the Stars and Flamers so we better put JDD in for these next two.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463526 is a reply to message #463498 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfaningp  is currently offline oilfaningp

No Cups

The Oilers have a history of sucking it up against opponents they should win against. Sportsnet yesterday mentioned Roli will be starting tonight...Maybe JDD gets the start tomorrow. It is one of those games where they have a 100% chance of winning 50% of the time.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463536 is a reply to message #463526 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve  is currently offline Steve

No Cups

BUT, the Oilers have a great history against Phoenix. 2-0 this year and 4-0 last year. If the Oilers play well, they should win.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

- Calvin

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463510 is a reply to message #463487 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TJ39  is currently offline TJ39

1 Cup

Two "ultra competiitve" teams from the west playing tonight. Flip a coin.

Seriously, yet another must win. I hope Roloson can continue his performance from the last game.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463512 is a reply to message #463510 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saskoilfan  is currently offline saskoilfan

No Cups

I'm afraid from here on out every game is a must win. The playoff race in the West is unreal!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463543 is a reply to message #463512 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rye79  is currently offline rye79

No Cups

It would be nice if they could win them all but that doesn't happen. Realisticly I think 17-9-1 gets us to the dance, so if San Jose is one of those 9, I'm happy!!
Just win the ones you should win fellas. Also Rollie should start every game, if he craps the bed pull him, then start him again! I'm sick of experiment goaltending.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463547 is a reply to message #463487 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chiefbender  is currently offline chiefbender

No Cups

Let's see...
Must win, check.
Won 2 in a row, check.
Playing a team below us in the standings, check.
Big game against elite opponent tomorrow night, check.

This all points to a 4-3 loss. It's a win win for me, if Phx. wins I get points in the guess the score contest. If the Oilers win, I'm elated.

"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."

- Savielly Grigorievitch Tartakower

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463551 is a reply to message #463547 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thesituation  is currently offline thesituation

No Cups

I wouldn't be surprised if JDD sits for a little while longer. Rollie is playing such hockey. He also seems to have SJ's number, so I don't see Mac T putting JDD in against the sharks.

I don't like to think that we have already lost the SJ game. Apart from the last game we played against them, we have a decent record with them.

As far as gaining confidence/momentum is concerned, who would you rather beat... the best or the worst(almost)?

How about we win both games with Souray in net. The only way he can stop the puck is by 1 timing it back at top speed. It's a difficult goal tending style, but Souray has been training in a call centre in New Delhi, working on controlling his rebounds.

that bastard from New Jersey stole my name.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463552 is a reply to message #463547 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MyBestGuess  is currently offline MyBestGuess

1 Cup

chiefbender wrote on Mon, 16 February 2009 15:28

Let's see...
Must win, check.
Won 2 in a row, check.
Playing a team below us in the standings, check.
Big game against elite opponent tomorrow night, check.

This all points to a 4-3 loss. It's a win win for me, if Phx. wins I get points in the guess the score contest. If the Oilers win, I'm elated.

I'm tempted to agree chiefbender but for some dumb reason I'm starting to believe in these guys a bit and with Rollie having practice off yesterday and the kids coming around nicely I'm going 4-0 Oil. Kiss of death perhaps but hoping we can actually thump these guys and put the nail in their coffin. Take that Gretz! golf

Oilers Goal Horn
http://skreemr.com/link.jsp?id=6B5D44535654

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56) [message #463579 is a reply to message #463487 ]
Mon, 16 February 2009 20:31 Go to previous message

6 Cups

We.Want.Cup.

I can understand your philosophy if we were employed somehow with the club or were on the coaching staff. I don't think that my feeling positive and convincing myself that Edmonton WILL beat the Sharks in front of the TV is going to help Roloson make that extra save or help Eric Cole to cut into the middle.

We're not writing this stuff on the dressing room wall or renting billboard space around the city talking about the Oilers chances against the Sharks.

There's no harm in debating the way to at least get 2 points in the back to back games. Four points will be icing on the cake.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 February 2009 20:33]

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #56)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #55)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca