This day on August 18
Acquired: Tom McMurchy (1986)
Departed: Mike Stapleton (1995) Jesse Belanger (1998) Fernando Pisani (2010)

Happy Birthday To: caperguy9917, laura, OilerFaithful, mrlloyd23, OliviaMiller

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451630]
Sat, 13 December 2008 01:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Vancouver to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2008-09 Regular Season
Saturday, October 25, 2008Edmonton 3 @ Vancouver 6Loss
Saturday, December 13, 2008Vancouver 0 @ Edmonton 3Win
Wednesday, December 17, 2008Edmonton 2 @ Vancouver 4Loss
Friday, December 26, 2008Edmonton 3 @ Vancouver 2Win
Wednesday, January 7, 2009Vancouver 4 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Saturday, April 4, 2009Vancouver 3 @ Edmonton 5Win
Home Record: 2-1-0       Road Record: 1-2-0       Overall Record: 3-3-0
Home / Road Goals For: 10/8 Total: 18
Home / Road Goals Against: 7/12 Total: 19

2007-08 Regular Season
Friday, October 12, 2007Vancouver 5 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Saturday, October 13, 2007Edmonton 1 @ Vancouver 4Loss
Wednesday, November 14, 2007Edmonton 1 @ Vancouver 0 (OT) (SO)Win
Tuesday, November 20, 2007Vancouver 4 @ Edmonton 5 (OT) (SO)Win
Saturday, December 15, 2007Vancouver 1 @ Edmonton 2 (OT) (SO)Win
Saturday, February 16, 2008Edmonton 2 @ Vancouver 4Loss
Thursday, March 20, 2008Vancouver 4 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Thursday, April 3, 2008Edmonton 2 @ Vancouver 1Win
Home Record: 2-2-0       Road Record: 2-2-0       Overall Record: 4-4-0
Home / Road Goals For: 10/6 Total: 16
Home / Road Goals Against: 14/9 Total: 23

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451640 is a reply to message #451630 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerdynasty  is currently offline oilerdynasty

No Cups

Canucks using the back up on us tonight with Luongo out, that usually spells disaster. It could be ugly depending on which team coach Peeters gets, speaking of which... in the Sun they talk of Peeters in the Sun they talk of Peeters 0.4142920625499843ripping the guys for these soft ass moves they're pulling in practise and the same ones in the game... why is coach MacTavish allowing this poor practise habits? Also letting it go into games? And for this long into the season? Need a better reason to fire MacT? He can't even get them to practise hard\seriously.

Quote:

The offence is so dry that goalie coach Pete Peeters, one of the assistants out for yesterday's optional skate, lit into the players. He gathered them at centre ice and ripped them for employing the same cutesy-pie style in the drills that they've been using in games.

"Is your team any good?"

"No. In fact, we're so bad that we're disbanding." - Paul Newman as Reggie Dunlop in Slapshot

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451652 is a reply to message #451640 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chase  is currently offline chase

No Cups

That was VERY nexpected. At least someone on MacT's staff has the balls to tell them what they are doing wrong... unlike some people.

I think we can win tonight. I say 4-3 in a close game. Anyone know whos starting in net?

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451655 is a reply to message #451652 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goffer48  is currently offline goffer48

No Cups

Before the Panthers game, I recall MacT mentioning he was going to go with Roli against the Canucks.

-Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
-Don't mess with old folks, they didn't get old by being stupid.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451662 is a reply to message #451655 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JTC 13  is currently offline JTC 13

No Cups

Per the Oilers site:
Quote:

Robert Nilsson draws back into the lineup for the Oilers after missing four games with an upper body injury... Dwayne Roloson gets the start in goal tonight.

Who wants to bet Schremp sits in favor of Reddox/Stortini.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 December 2008 12:13]

Hey guys. If you feel the need to put a bag over your avatars head let me know. I got a plastic one for rent!

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451664 is a reply to message #451662 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

No Cups

I say Schremp plays and get's a few minutes with Nilsson.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451668 is a reply to message #451630 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

After watching that Florida game I truly believe that we aren't winning games because we don't play physical. Something we had in 06 that played a huge part in our winning.

Tonight we are going to have to play tough. Vancouver is never an easy win. They can't sit back for a period.

I think we will win though. I predict they will come out strong on this HNIC evening at home.

Clean house or bust

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451672 is a reply to message #451668 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerdynasty  is currently offline oilerdynasty

No Cups

smyth260 wrote on Sat, 13 December 2008 12:51

After watching that Florida game I truly believe that we aren't winning games because we don't play physical. Something we had in 06 that played a huge part in our winning.

Tonight we are going to have to play tough. Vancouver is never an easy win. They can't sit back for a period.

I think we will win though. I predict they will come out strong on this HNIC evening at home.

Yeah Chris Pronger, a weak Legacy, two huge hits by Torres, strong play of Stoll (hit leader last year), career playoff by Roli, Pisani, and Peca.. I wish people would realize how big a fluke 06 was and stop comparing apples to oranges.

We are a small non physical team which plays passive, it's D are either to slow or aren't tough or both, and the coach is hanging his season on the goalies he playing head games with not only winning but stealing 45 wins for them. We are small because we complained about not having big players and drafted small. We got non physical because we moved players who were physical and gritty but had issues trying to fit their roles that were not defined and finally destroying their confidence.

"Is your team any good?"

"No. In fact, we're so bad that we're disbanding." - Paul Newman as Reggie Dunlop in Slapshot

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451685 is a reply to message #451672 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing.

It's no fluke to make it to game 7. You only have so much luck.

Whatever point it is you're making, Stoll, Torres, Pronger, and Peca all played hard hitting games that brought energy to the team.

This club has many problems that we didn't see in the summer.

Physicality - When Mac gets back that will be great. I have hardly seen Staios or Strudwick throw any hits this year. Penner could always start hitting and playing a gritty game too. Cole could do a little more damage. I don't think we need to acquire a gritty guy giving up some assets. MacT has to adress the guys that can play tough, to do it.

Face-offs - I don't know how we dropped from one of the best FO teams to a bad one. I thought it was MacT who taught Reasoner and Stoll their abilities. He has to work on that with Brodziak, Cogliano/Gagner, and whoever our third line center is or will be (Pouliot). I think acquiring a third line center should be done quick and easy.

Finish - We most likely won't get any finish guys for a few months, but it would sure be nice to have Kovy!

Penalty Kill - Dropped like a lugie dropping from the Empire State Building. This is also where a defensive third line center would come in handy. Our PK of forwards is weak. Moreau, Horcoff and then leave it too Brodziak and some weak forward.

Clean house or bust

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451692 is a reply to message #451685 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

smyth260 wrote on Sat, 13 December 2008 16:04

Face-offs - I don't know how we dropped from one of the best FO teams to a bad one. I thought it was MacT who taught Reasoner and Stoll their abilities. He has to work on that with Brodziak, Cogliano/Gagner, and whoever our third line center is or will be (Pouliot). I think acquiring a third line center should be done quick and easy.

If by MacT you really mean Adam Oates then you are bang on.

Hey guys. If you feel the need to put a bag over your avatars head let me know. I got a plastic one for rent!

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451711 is a reply to message #451692 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oil22  is currently offline oil22

No Cups

That’s why I say we bring in Rod Brind'Amour at the trade deadline, he can mentor Brodsiak and Brule on the defense part of the game. rtft

June 2006"Goalie's not good. Won't be back in the series."
June 2010 "With the historic first selection in the national hockey league draft 2010, I'm extremely excited to select ..."
FROM HEARTBREAK TO HOPE OIL COUNTRY CARRIES ON.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451669 is a reply to message #451630 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TJ39  is currently offline TJ39

1 Cup

When we lose this one, it is going to be sooo embarrassing.

Also, too bad Mac wasn't ready for this game.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451671 is a reply to message #451630 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerinvan  is currently offline oilerinvan

1 Cup

I officially don't know what to expect. Vancouver is good, even without Luongo. It would be very bad for us to lose this game to Vancouver who has already pulled quite a bit ahead of us in the division. And basically we stink at home and we wreak at home against Van.

Roloson is apparently starting, and he has played very well lately. The rest of the team... who knows... We have had a few good starts and we have put together some recent wins. But 27 games in and we have yet to play a full game, or one to our potential. Although, maybe we have seen this team's, and the associated coach's, potential. Vancouver may also come in and beat the hell out of us. I think a lot of our weaknesses are going to be exploited tonight.

It would be nice to think that a game like tonight can solidify us, but I am going to need to see some siginificant change tonight to start believing in this team's pre-season potential again.

I think we do see a brew ha ha. Which is quite frankly not going to be good for us.

Nilsson is back, and I am curious to know what the lines look like. Maybe:

Penner - Horcoff - Hemsky
Schremp - Cogliano - Pouliot
Mreau - Brodziak - Cole
Reddox - Gagner - Nilsson

Souray - Gilbert
Visnovsky - Grebeshkov
Strudwick - Staios

Horcoff and MacIntyre rule.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451673 is a reply to message #451671 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerob  is currently offline oilerob

No Cups

Looks like Reddox and Schremp are taking a seat tonight, with Stortini and Strudwick drawing in. (according to edmontonoilers.com)
Penner - Horcoff - Hemsky
Nilsson - Cogliano - Gagner
Moreau - Brodziak - Cole
Strudwick - Pouliot - Stortini

Souray - Gilbert
Visnovsky - Grebeshkov
Smid - Staios

It will be good to have a bit more size against vancouver seeing how the oilers often get into physical games with them. I hate to see schremp sitting though.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451674 is a reply to message #451673 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Yeah because we all know that Strudwick, Stortini and Pouliot bring more to the table then Schremp does. MacT is an idiot.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451675 is a reply to message #451674 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

JTC 13 wrote on Sat, 13 December 2008 12:24

Yeah because we all know that Strudwick, Stortini and Pouliot bring more to the table then Schremp does. MacT is an idiot.

This isn't a good game for Schremp to be in. We can't play soft tonight. MacT made the right call tonight. Maybe substitute Schremp for Pouliot, but I think Pouliot would have a bigger impact tonight against Vancouver's tight defense than Schremp would.

Clean house or bust

Indeed... [message #451691 is a reply to message #451675 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AY  is currently offline AY

1 Cup

no more playin' the compassionate hosts tonight.

Good God, make it tough for VAN.

Like last season, the Oilers had a good "gell" game against the Canucks.

I scooped this from the Sun, by one of their cub reporters:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Oilers/2008/12/13/7741506. html

[Updated on: Sat, 13 December 2008 16:35]

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451713 is a reply to message #451674 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stubby43  is currently offline stubby43

No Cups

JTC 13 wrote on Sat, 13 December 2008 13:24

Strudwick and Storts are in vs Schremp because the Oil wanted more speed in the line-up .

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451721 is a reply to message #451713 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 20:06 Go to previous message
Bryanbryoil  is currently offline Bryanbryoil

No Cups

stubby43 wrote on Sat, 13 December 2008 15:54

JTC 13 wrote on Sat, 13 December 2008 13:24

Strudwick and Storts are in vs Schremp because the Oil wanted more speed in the line-up .

That's pretty damn funny!!! Strudwick has looked HORRIBLE as a winger.

Speed and Hands

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451676 is a reply to message #451673 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TJ39  is currently offline TJ39

1 Cup

I think this makes sense, for we are going to need a physical line up tonight.

Well, as physical as we are capable of.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451680 is a reply to message #451676 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

TJ39 wrote on Sat, 13 December 2008 13:37

I think this makes sense, for we are going to need a physical line up tonight.

Well, as physical as we are capable of.

More physical. In what way is Pouliot more physical than Schremp. If my memory still works and thats a very big if, it wasn't Pouliot digging in the corners on that line. Got to love MacT logic. Were not scoring. I know. Ill take one of our best offensive forwards over the past four games and replace him with Strudwick. I'm a frigging genius. Now where is Stortini with my pre-game massage. Might as well get some happy endings now because there probably wont be any tonight,

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451681 is a reply to message #451676 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KCrounder  is currently offline KCrounder

No Cups

I hope they don't play another turd of a game.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451682 is a reply to message #451681 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilersrock77  is currently offline oilersrock77

No Cups

KCrounder wrote on Sat, 13 December 2008 14:39

I hope they don't play another turd of a game.

I they do they can extend their streak to 28 straight!

Strudwick blows.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451697 is a reply to message #451681 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marinermoose  is currently offline marinermoose

No Cups

I hope they come out crashing, banging, and fighting. Appointment/pre-arranged fights if necessary. Strudwick says to Hordichuk "hey Darcy, wanna go?" Fight Stortini to Brown "hey Mike, wanna go?" Fight Moreau to Bieksa "hey Kevin, shall we?" Fight

They speak about not getting the crowd "into it" then what better way? I don't even think we care how the fight(s) end up (winning/losing) just go out there and get some energy in the building and if it takes a scrap or two or ten I'm all for it! Here's hoping for a good ole fashioned heated, intense, feisty game between two rivals!! rock

(And an Oilers regulation W)

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451684 is a reply to message #451673 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marinermoose  is currently offline marinermoose

No Cups

I like this lineup look. I expect it start physical, maybe with a couple scraps even, and Stortini and Strudwick are BOTH more physical AND fight more than Reddox and Schremp. Good call by MacT. Certain teams and certain match-ups require line juggling and roster spot switching, and based on the opponent tonight, this is as good a lineup we can ice. End of story.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28) [message #451698 is a reply to message #451684 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod.Oracheski  is currently offline Rod.Oracheski

No Cups

marinermoose wrote on Sat, 13 December 2008 15:56

Certain teams and certain match-ups require line juggling and roster spot switching...

For MacT, that certain team is the Oilers - every single game!

Re: Pregame: [message #451715 is a reply to message #451630 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

I'm guessing we can expect the Mark and Marc show on CBC tonight?

Re: Pregame: [message #451716 is a reply to message #451715 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

If thats the case ill be tuning into Rod and Bob now that my new TV tuner with HDMI input is installed.

Crow... [message #451717 is a reply to message #451715 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AY  is currently offline AY

1 Cup

is fun to watch/listen.

You just know the feller is buying time, at the CBC's (taxpayer's expense).

During the After Hours deal, swear to God he gazes off and starts daydreaming about who-knows-what.

Re: Crow... [message #451718 is a reply to message #451717 ]
Sat, 13 December 2008 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Copperoiler  is currently offline Copperoiler

1 Cup

Crow...

The guy's voice brings makes me want to commit violence upon him for some reason, I don't know why.....he's like the Spence diamonds radio guy.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Copperoiler/4drktfn.gif

Previous Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28)
Next Topic:Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca