This day on May 25
None

Happy Birthday To: laraque, Kingmeat, JustinCider, kuhnadian, chris waugh

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from AvsPages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from C [message #445261 is a reply to message #445257 ]
Tue, 11 November 2008 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

1 Cup

Wow. I don't like Ryan Kesler AT ALL, but I remember hating Boulerice after that incident. Three words, from my perspective.

DO. NOT. WANT.

icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from C [message #445231 is a reply to message #445215 ]
Tue, 11 November 2008 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

marinermoose wrote on Tue, 11 November 2008 17:49

Unlike pretty much all of you, I like this acquisition. How many cheap shots/questionable hits have we taken this year with Smack in the lineup?? ZERO. How many did we take before we had a guy like Smack in the lineup?? NUMEROUS. And no, I'm not talking about "the 1 time Boogaard went running around" or the "2 times Regehr ran Hemsky into the boards" like people bring up. People say "come on, Boogaard only injured a few of our guys and scared Hemsky." 'Only' hey? "Come on, Regehr only tried murdering Hemsky twice, it wasn't that big a deal." Really?

We all claim to be at least partially knowledgeable hockey fans so I'm surprised the element of intimidation and the protection of our skilled players is virtually completely discounted. You better believe it Hemsky plays with less fear with a tough guy in our lineup. You better believe Vandermeer quits his dirtiest-player-in-the-league antics after getting roughed up a little.

Stortini doesn't bring an intimidation/enforcer-type element, however I do believe he is a decent 4th line player. Boulerice, on the other hand, DOES bring that element, and trust me, the Oilers will be better off because he's been added to the roster.

There's a huge difference between someone who keeps other teams from giving cheap shots and someone who goes out and give cheap shots. MacIntyre falls into the first category. Boulerice, in my opinion falls into the second. He's been suspended for swinging his stick at a player and again for cross-checking Kesler in the head. This is not the kind of guy I want on the Oilers. And judging by the YouTube videos posted, I don't see him as a guy that strikes fear into a lot of NHLers, particularly NHL heavyweights.

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from C [message #445240 is a reply to message #445231 ]
Tue, 11 November 2008 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

Quote:

There's a huge difference between someone who keeps other teams from giving cheap shots and someone who goes out and give cheap shots. MacIntyre falls into the first category. Boulerice, in my opinion falls into the second. He's been suspended for swinging his stick at a player and again for cross-checking Kesler in the head. This is not the kind of guy I want on the Oilers. And judging by the YouTube videos posted, I don't see him as a guy that strikes fear into a lot of NHLers, particularly NHL heavyweights.

Agreed. Boulerice takes stupid cheap shots. The thing is, if he is a better skater/agitator than Stortini, then we have a project on our hands. MacTavish is good at keeping his team clean. He makes sure the boys don't pull any stunts out there. Chris Pronger was one of them.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 November 2008 18:23]

Clean house or bust

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from C [message #445245 is a reply to message #445240 ]
Tue, 11 November 2008 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerinvan  is currently offline oilerinvan

1 Cup

smyth260 wrote on Tue, 11 November 2008 17:57

Quote:

Agreed. Boulerice is a takes stupid cheap shots. The thing is, if he is a better skater/agitator than Stortini, then we have a project on our hands. MacTavish is good at keeping his team clean. He make sure the boys don't pull any stunts out there. Chris Pronger was one of them.

I totally agree with that. If he is an upgrade to Stortini skill wise, fine. Otherwise, I would rather he get only bird's eye views. Pronger really did keep in under control better here than almost anywhere.

Horcoff and MacIntyre rule.

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from Canes [message #445229 is a reply to message #445173 ]
Tue, 11 November 2008 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Don't know much about the guy but from what I'm reading it doesn't appear to be a very good pick up. I would have perferred to use this to call up Schremp or Brule. I'm curious what this guys contract is? How many years is he locked up for? People are saying as soon as MacIntyre gets back Jesse will be waived but from the sounds of it he was waived twice before and noone wanted him so whats going to change now? Also does this mean Stortini is pretty much done as a Oiler since MacIntrye basically got his job and now they pick up a goon?

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from Avs [message #445251 is a reply to message #445173 ]
Tue, 11 November 2008 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Oilers injury report has MacIntyre out for at least a week.

http://oilers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPa ge&articleid=345028

Clean house or bust

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from Avs [message #445315 is a reply to message #445251 ]
Wed, 12 November 2008 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stubby43  is currently offline stubby43

No Cups

smyth260 wrote on Tue, 11 November 2008 18:35

Oilers injury report has MacIntyre out for at least a week.

http://oilers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPa ge&articleid=345028

When Fedoruk suffered a similar injury from the Boogeyman he missed almost 20 games.

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from Avs [message #445309 is a reply to message #445173 ]
Wed, 12 November 2008 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nae17  is currently offline nae17

No Cups

Can't say I'm a fan of this move. I understand the necessity for an enforcer... but Boulerice? This reeks of desperation.

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from Avs [message #445416 is a reply to message #445309 ]
Wed, 12 November 2008 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shooter  is currently offline Shooter

No Cups

They said 8-12 weeks on the team 1260 around 330-ish pm today.

Here's a free lesson......

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from Avs [message #445417 is a reply to message #445416 ]
Wed, 12 November 2008 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Shooter wrote on Wed, 12 November 2008 21:51

They said 8-12 weeks on the team 1260 around 330-ish pm today.

Ouch. Well under those circumstances, maybe this isn't as bad as it seems. Sure, we could use the oppurtunity to call one of the AHLers up, but 3 months is a long time. Boulerice was available, and maybe he can fill that hole.

Clean house or bust

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from Avs [message #445445 is a reply to message #445417 ]
Thu, 13 November 2008 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Since he had just signed a deal with Colorado's farm team, I imagine it's a no lose propostition for the Oilers. If they're unhappy with him in any way (attitude or otherwise), I imagine they'll just waive him and Colorado will reclaim him for the farm as they originally wanted.

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from A [message #445484 is a reply to message #445309 ]
Thu, 13 November 2008 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ales Cooper  is currently offline Ales Cooper

1 Cup

nae17 wrote on Wed, 12 November 2008 05:24

Can't say I'm a fan of this move. I understand the necessity for an enforcer... but Boulerice? This reeks of desperation.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Stortini from the management is it?

I dont mind this pick up. It's not like he's going to be a permanent fixture here anyway. Oilers borrow his services for a couple months until MacIntyre is back, and then we go our separate ways.

*Obligatory Journey reference included*

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from A [message #445488 is a reply to message #445484 ]
Thu, 13 November 2008 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

nik- wrote on Thu, 13 November 2008 14:04

I dont mind this pick up. It's not like he's going to be a permanent fixture here anyway. Oilers borrow his services for a couple months until MacIntyre is back, and then we go our separate ways.

This isn't a sleight on Stortini. He's not a heavyweight puncher. Everyone knows that. He's a willing combatant, but he's not going to win a lot of fights. That's not his job description, and I think that everyone figured that out last year.

Now, I'm no big fan of Stortini, but I don't think Boulerice replaces him, rather he fills MacIntyre's spot as the designated tough guy.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from A [message #445494 is a reply to message #445488 ]
Thu, 13 November 2008 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 13 November 2008 14:16

nik- wrote on Thu, 13 November 2008 14:04

This isn't a sleight on Stortini. He's not a heavyweight puncher. Everyone knows that. He's a willing combatant, but he's not going to win a lot of fights. That's not his job description, and I think that everyone figured that out last year.

Now, I'm no big fan of Stortini, but I don't think Boulerice replaces him, rather he fills MacIntyre's spot as the designated tough guy.

This is what I believe also. He's a fill in. And hey if he shines.....they can make a decision later when MacIntyre is healthy and pounding opponents again. Personally I think MacIntyre is going to come back with a bang. If roaring down the ice with a broken orbital bone and fresh stitches to make a yard sale out of LeTang is any indication.

And people can talk about stuff that happened last year or 10 years ago when Boulerice was 19 all they want. I feel he's looking for another shot. Apparently the coaching staff has already chatted with him about his past. I really have my doubts he will be slashing anyone in the face between now and MacIntyres return.

He's 30 years old and on his last life as an NHL'er. I'm willing to look past all that and see what happens.

#firebob

Re: Oilers claim Jesse Boulerice off waiver from Avs [message #445500 is a reply to message #445173 ]
Thu, 13 November 2008 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Opie62  is currently offline Opie62

No Cups

I sure hope Big Mac gets healthy quick and Boulerice can return to the slums of whereever he came from. This guy is a disgrace to the game, he should have tried out for the baseball team instead...but i guess as long as he has the Oil drop on his chest i will hope he plays decently....if at all

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #16)
Next Topic:Third Jersey Unveiled
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca