3 Cups

/images/logos/edm_comp.gif/images/logos/stl_comp.gif
Edmonton @ St. Louis

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: [message #242108 is a reply to message #242103 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oiler_Nut1  is currently offline Oiler_Nut1

No Cups

They suck. Pathetic. I wanna throw up. Nice job clowns.

"Jackets are just all over the Flames.If not for Kipper this one might be out of reach." Snake-Eyes describing every Flames game at CP.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242110 is a reply to message #242103 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SWC11  is currently offline SWC11

No Cups

if they lose this game...ugh

http://i5.tinypic.com/4drktfn.gif

Kevin Lowe, make us a contender again...

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242117 is a reply to message #242110 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BIG JT  is currently offline BIG JT

No Cups

Shutup and quit your pouting. They'll storm back in the third

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242126 is a reply to message #242117 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan 94  is currently offline oilfan 94

No Cups

not playing the way they're playing

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242147 is a reply to message #242103 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lord Bob  is currently offline Lord Bob

No Cups

Is MacTavish fired yet?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242155 is a reply to message #242147 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ubigo  is currently offline Ubigo

No Cups

I am not blaming the boys at all on this one. Bacashua stole the show big time. We ran into a hot goaltender its as simple as that. Peca with a weak defensive play on the 2nd goal, but you cannot blame him as he has been solid all year defensively. If any of you blame Roloson I am going to shoot myself. This makes the game on Tuesday even more important.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242159 is a reply to message #242155 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E-townchamps  is currently offline E-townchamps

No Cups

how about those Oilers?
biggest game of the year against the worst team in the league and they lay an egg.

VINTAGE OIL!! rock rock

golf

Hall-RNH-Eberle...future #1 line

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242163 is a reply to message #242155 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bone  is currently offline bone

No Cups

Ubigo wrote on Sun, 09 April 2006 20:21

I am not blaming the boys at all on this one. Bacashua stole the show big time. We ran into a hot goaltender its as simple as that. Peca with a weak defensive play on the 2nd goal, but you cannot blame him as he has been solid all year defensively. If any of you blame Roloson I am going to shoot myself. This makes the game on Tuesday even more important.

yeah, but he only played so great in the third because he essentially had a 2 hour warmup. Not a single shot from within 40 feet until the third. Most goalies with a two goal cushion and an easy start would have done the same thing. This is completely on the Oilers. Bacashua was fortunate to face a lame duck offense tonight.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242177 is a reply to message #242155 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldrickOnIce  is currently offline EldrickOnIce

No Cups

Ubigo wrote on Sun, 09 April 2006 20:21

I am not blaming the boys at all on this one. Bacashua stole the show big time.

Yes... he looked brilliant as the Oilers managed to overwhelm him with 14 shots through the first two periods....

Where was the urgency that saw them fire 24 in the third in the first two periods?
20 minutes won't win you many games, even against the Blues.

Trade Lowe

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242245 is a reply to message #242155 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RJOILER  is currently offline RJOILER

No Cups

Ubigo wrote on Sun, 09 April 2006 22:21

You are flat out off your meds. I saw more goddamn stupid penalties in this game than I've seen all year, and THAT'S a big statement.

"Bleed Oiler Blue & Copper"
Pennsylvania born & bred, but an Oiler fan since '81

Re: Review: [message #242153 is a reply to message #242103 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilInMtl  is currently offline OilInMtl

No Cups

That royally sucks. Hopefully things still work out. With the way the Sharks are playing the Canuks may not be getting many points for the rest of the season

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242154 is a reply to message #242103 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feepa  is currently offline feepa

No Cups

golf golf golf
golf golf
fishing

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242167 is a reply to message #242154 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esa1  is currently offline Esa1

No Cups

You try to keep faith, try to give them the benfit of the doubt. Telling yourself, they're not gonna piss away their season to MInny, St.Louis, Columbus..etc.

No, god no! This is the Oilers, proud and mighty, a team that will understand they have the easier scheduale in the end, a team that will jump all over these lower-class teams and take those gimme points...and then what happens?angryfire

I can not believe what I saw...it's like they really don't care and then all of sudden it's 2-0 and then maybe they decide it's time to shoot the damn puck, stop taking stupid penalties, and suddenly it's too late..two points gone and now it's to the point where they need help again, surprise, surprise...what a freaky disaster this was!!! angryfire angryfire angryfire

I'm speechless and completely shocked...thanks oilers, thanks for one of the biggest letdown games of the year... angryfire angryfire angryfire

I think MacT was gonna cry for a second when Hemsky took that penalty.

WHERE THE HELL WAS OUR HOCKEY TEAM TONIGHT!!!! angryfire angryfire

[Updated on: Sun, 09 April 2006 20:32]

Re: Review: question [message #242156 is a reply to message #242103 ]
Free Agent

Did they almost tie it at the end, i'm listening to it online and the announcer went nuts near the end. Was it really that close, and was the Blues goalie really that sweet. Thanks

3 stars: [message #242157 is a reply to message #242103 ]
Tarkus  is currently offline Tarkus

1 Cup

1) Bacashihua
2) Mayers
3) Peca

How about that--a goalie stealing a game for his team. What a quaint notion!

“An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile hoping it will eat him last.”- Winston Churchill

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242158 is a reply to message #242103 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

woohoo, St louis gets 15% of their wins for the season from the oilers (who 5% of their games are against). We're so nice to the bottom feeders.

Hmm...does this team deserve to be in the playoffs? I'm scared that we're just stealing a spot from a team that has a chance to do something worthwhile.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242162 is a reply to message #242158 ]
Boniman  is currently offline Boniman

No Cups

If we can't beat St Louis, do you really want to be in the playoffs?

Done like dinner. golf

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242165 is a reply to message #242162 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Free Agent

It's tough yea so what, but i'm not putting my head down yet. I mean they did almost have 40 shots on their goalie. They lost to a goalie who was on fire that's all. I think we'll be just fine.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242170 is a reply to message #242165 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E-townchamps  is currently offline E-townchamps

No Cups

Oilers should be the laughing stock of the league right now...lose to the worst team in the league staring their 3rd stringer?

way to show up boys!!! lmao

Hall-RNH-Eberle...future #1 line

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242326 is a reply to message #242165 ]
Mon, 10 April 2006 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChasinStanley  is currently offline ChasinStanley

1 Cup

Pisonmi wrote on Sun, 09 April 2006 20:27

It's tough yea so what, but i'm not putting my head down yet. I mean they did almost have 40 shots on their goalie. They lost to a goalie who was on fire that's all. I think we'll be just fine.
Don't be fooled by shots 5 in the first, 9 in the 2nd and 23 in the 3rd. That is a team that didn't show up until it was too late. Plus most of those shots were from the outside and by the time the Oil got any type of quality chances Bacadhihua was riding a huge wave of confidence.

Renaissance 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242164 is a reply to message #242158 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

This team DOES deserve to be in the playoffs. Just because they cant beat the bottom teams doesnt mean they dont deserve to go to the playoffs. They are very good against the top teams. As long as Anaheim beats Van on Monday this loss will not hurt us. WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS mark my words.

6) San Jose
7)Colorado
8)Edmonton

EDIT: This is a disgrace to read these response. Real fans are suppose to back their team through tough waters. All I see is negative. These teams that are playing for pride now are tough to beat. Once again looking at the standing that 1 more point in Minny would of helped us out.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 April 2006 20:27]

The Masters And The Oilers... [message #242171 is a reply to message #242164 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTR17  is currently offline BTR17

No Cups

...I enjoyed both golf telecasts.

Canucks are winning 3 of their last 4.

I give them games against ANA, SJ, COL - they won't win two against the Sharks.

Oilers, to make the playoffs, to even have a SHOT at the playoffs...will need to win to get 5/6 points out of their final 3 games.

ANA
DET
COL

Tall task.

I think it's over.

"The Oilers are playing like they'd rather die than lose."

Mike Emerick, on-air, after the Game 3 win over Anaheim in the 2006 Western Conference Final.

No Way ANA beats VCR... [message #242178 is a reply to message #242164 ]

No Cups

...says here there's no chance of that happening.

I'll be awfully surprised.

The Canucks are outstanding on home-ice.

The Canucks also need that game much more than the Ducks - they'll want it more.

Mike Emerick, on-air, after the Game 3 win over Anaheim in the 2006 Western Conference Final.

the Ducks are like 21-7-5 or something [message #242271 is a reply to message #242178 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis  is currently offline Dennis

No Cups

there's no way you'd bet against them anywhere right now.

WAC's and GAB's: What Does It All Mean? It Means Missing The Playoff For The Second Time In Three Years

Canucks NEED Tomorrow's Game More... [message #242285 is a reply to message #242271 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

...and that'll be the difference. Pure desire, my Vidro-loving friend :)

Ducks don't have to win.

Vancouver does.

Vancouver 4-2 tomorrow.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242184 is a reply to message #242164 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Ubigo wrote on Sun, 09 April 2006 20:25

This team DOES deserve to be in the playoffs. Just because they cant beat the bottom teams doesnt mean they dont deserve to go to the playoffs. They are very good against the top teams. As long as Anaheim beats Van on Monday this loss will not hurt us. WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS mark my words.

6) San Jose
7)Colorado
8)Edmonton

EDIT: This is a disgrace to read these response. Real fans are suppose to back their team through tough waters. All I see is negative. These teams that are playing for pride now are tough to beat. Once again looking at the standing that 1 more point in Minny would of helped us out.

Boo freaking hoo. It's a disgrace to see people accept this level of effort in such an important game against a team that has lost to 13 consecutive previous teams without showing any real pride. The Oilers have the 2nd worst record against teams below the league average pointwise. That is simply unacceptable. With even the average league record vs. the bottom half of the league the Oilers would be a couple points ahead of Calgary for the division. This team is simply drek at motivating themselves.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242272 is a reply to message #242184 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akbar  is currently offline akbar

No Cups

Agree 100%. So we ran into a hot goalie, blah blah blah. This was a team that had lost 13 straight and had given no indication over that timeframe that they were playing for anything whatsoever - pride, jobs for next season, whatever. Absolutely disgusting. This will be the two points by which they miss the playoffs.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242238 is a reply to message #242164 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Free Agent

6) San Jose
7)Colorado
8)Edmonton

I hope you're joking.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242254 is a reply to message #242164 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RJOILER  is currently offline RJOILER

No Cups

Ubigo wrote on Sun, 09 April 2006 22:25

6) San Jose
7)Colorado
8)Edmonton

lmao lmao lmao

Thanks for making me laugh after a hypercritical loss. You could be the funniest poster I've read on here since I found this site. At least I cracked a smile after arguably the worst game of the season. Whatever you're smokin', send some to me, will ya?

"Bleed Oiler Blue & Copper"
Pennsylvania born & bred, but an Oiler fan since '81

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242257 is a reply to message #242254 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

3 Cups

RJOILER wrote on Mon, 10 April 2006 00:57

lmao lmao lmao

Thanks for making me laugh after a hypercritical loss. You could be the funniest poster I've read on here since I found this site. At least I cracked a smile after arguably the worst game of the season. Whatever you're smokin', send some to me, will ya?

Don't think the Saskatchewan Gov't allows them to export the stuff to the US. So may I suggest glue sticks. icon_biggrin

I agree - no matter how much of an optimist you are, if you see this loss as anything but a catastrophic setback for the Oilers, you are definitely smoking some good stuff (or sniffings glue)

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242351 is a reply to message #242257 ]
Mon, 10 April 2006 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Mikey wrote on Sun, 09 April 2006 22:03

RJOILER wrote on Mon, 10 April 2006 00:57

lmao lmao lmao

Don't think the Saskatchewan Gov't allows them to export the stuff to the US. So may I suggest glue sticks. icon_biggrin

I agree - no matter how much of an optimist you are, if you see this loss as anything but a catastrophic setback for the Oilers, you are definitely smoking some good stuff (or sniffings glue)

haha sorry. I was trying to cover up how bad they played last night. But i do think we can still make it with a TON of help from the OOT. rasta this saskatchewan whead is on its way mikey.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242325 is a reply to message #242164 ]
Mon, 10 April 2006 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

6) San Jose
7)Colorado
8)Edmonton

Not beating them has nothing to do with not deserving to be in the dance. Not showing up until the 3rd AGAIN is why they do not deserve to dance.

Renaissance 2015

Yeah [message #242176 is a reply to message #242158 ]
Dennis  is currently offline Dennis

No Cups

because LA or Vancouver would fare better;)

Seriously...if you saw any of the Blues/Avs game yesterday you could see this coming. I figured it would go to OT but once the Blues went up 2-0 I figured it was over.

The Blues goalie was retarded good...that save on Stoll with about four min left was unbelieveable. Not to mention the Harvey one

Oilers are in super tough now...of course a game in det and the visiting ducks who are automatic right now

WAC's and GAB's: What Does It All Mean? It Means Missing The Playoff For The Second Time In Three Years

Re: Yeah [message #242190 is a reply to message #242176 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

The oilers deserved a goalie to shut the door late in the game the way they played the first 2 periods. These young guys get better as games go on, how many times have we made a no name goalie look good by building his confidence for 2 periods playing like morons?...Probably every time in the last 4 years that we've played a no name goalie haha.

Those penalties too...whew...I've haven't seen such widespread idiocy from this team in some time.

Vancouver probably would do better...hate to say it.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: [message #242160 is a reply to message #242103 ]

1 Cup

This team 100% do NOT deserve to be in the playoffs. Once again they thought they could mail it in against a sub par team and son't start to try until they realize they are in trouble in the 3rd. If you cannot beat (and almost not score on) a team that has not won in 13 games who are starting their 3rd stringer then you do not deserve to be in the playoffs. if they do get in I'd be suprised if they e ven get a goal.

Renaissance 2015

Re: Review: [message #242169 is a reply to message #242160 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

ChasinStanley wrote on Sun, 09 April 2006 20:23

This team 100% do NOT deserve to be in the playoffs. Once again they thought they could mail it in against a sub par team and son't start to try until they realize they are in trouble in the 3rd. If you cannot beat (and almost not score on) a team that has not won in 13 games who are starting their 3rd stringer then you do not deserve to be in the playoffs. if they do get in I'd be suprised if they e ven get a goal.

Correction.... 5th stringer!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242161 is a reply to message #242103 ]
Senjutsu  is currently offline Senjutsu

No Cups

That's MacT's Oilers for you - nowhere to be found when a prime opportunity presents itself.

On Election Day, the voice of the people spoke. I'm not going to imitate that voice here, out of respect for the mentally retarded -- Lewis Black

Re: Review: [message #242166 is a reply to message #242103 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
O84I85L87E88R90S  is currently offline O84I85L87E88R90S

No Cups

AARRGGHHHH angryfire angryfire angryfire

SWEAR WORDS!!! angryfire angryfire angryfire angryfire

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/cujo28/gif/oil1.gif

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis [message #242173 is a reply to message #242103 ]
Sun, 09 April 2006 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
TJ39  is currently offline TJ39

1 Cup

The Oilers are quite the nice team, fairly easy to play against for these lower ranked teams.

Nice of them to only show up for the third.

The way they came out tonight you would have thought they had a playoff position wrapped up. They'll have to look no further than this game and road trip when the season ends for them. Three weaker teams, one loss in OT, one win in OT and a loss in reg time. Not good enough. They couldn't have asked for an easier sked to end the season.

Roloson, well he continued to well play like Roloson. The other teams goalie, well nice of the Oilers to give this guy momentum, which he probably wouldn't have had if the Oilers would have showed up to start this game.

When you look at a team like SJ, and what they have managed to accomplish, well the Oilers don't deserve to be there with their inconsistent play for awhile now.. Do they want it bad enough? One wonders. After tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if they are sitting in ninth place and end up staying there.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 April 2006 20:31]

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Detroit
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ St. Louis
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca