This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3)
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808366]
Sat, 04 June 2022 20:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Colorado to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808378 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Ok, now the Oil have them where they want them- lull them into a false sense of security with the 3-0 series lead, then win 4 in a row to make it to the Cup final. Do it, boys!!!

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808379 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Hopefully we can take out some more avs so they lose in the finals. Don't want to see a MacKinnon cup

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808380 is a reply to message #808378 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Oh well. We won the Battle of Alberta, so there’s that.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808381 is a reply to message #808380 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

That save by Francouz on McDavid on the PP. That may very well have been our season.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808383 is a reply to message #808379 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

What a terrible game by Nuge. I am so pissed. Must win game, you'd think a guy like him would step up being the longest Oilers. 1 measily shot on goal. 2 brutal giveaways on the empty netter. How many more years of this guy not stepping up? 7. YAY!!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808384 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Koskinen or Smith in Game 4?[ 22 vote(s) ]
1.Koskinen 14 / 64%
2.Smith 8 / 36%

Not that he was the entire reason, but..

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808386 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Serious lack of must. Serious lack of hitting. Serious lack of passing. Serious lack of shooting. Serious risk of losing Connor McDavid after this debacle. His w.t.f. coming off the ice after the mulitple giveaways burdens me with fear.

So many holes in this lineup. I keep hoping 37 will play like Peca. Instead he plays like Toller Cranston aged 37.

deadhorse

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808387 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

FFS brad Malone. Good job there Woody.

This game is part on Woodcroft. I dont think LD is fit to play, I dont think he's effective right now...but that's just me, maybe. Yamo and Arch out and frigging Brad Malone is going to bring anything? You're just conceding that spot.

Put some healthy players out there who have a chance at bringing something positive on the scoreboard, which is clearly lacking. What you're doing now clearly isn't working.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808388 is a reply to message #808379 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

25 has been an anchor ALL series...
2nd best goaltending ALL series... (and Smith has made a lot of unbelievable saves)
Woodcroft unwilling to insert HOLLOWAY... (least of problems)
29 slowed down after being flipped by MacKinnon in the 1st.

...not Bouchard's fault that he doesn't have man strength yet, but he could have just moved the puck deeper into the corner instead of being shoved off the puck.

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808389 is a reply to message #808387 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 20:57

This game is part on Woodcroft. I dont think LD is fit to play, I dont think he's effective right now...but that's just me, maybe. Yamo and Arch out and frigging Brad Malone is going to bring anything? You're just conceding that spot.

Put some healthy players out there who have a chance at bringing something positive on the scoreboard, which is clearly lacking. What you're doing now clearly isn't working.

MALONE instead of HOLLOWAY? Yikes.

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808390 is a reply to message #808381 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Mike wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 20:53

That save by Francouz on McDavid on the PP. That may very well have been our season.

The post shortly after on Bouch, followed up by the hook to the hands by Compher on Bouch on a puck Bouch had 70/30… which Compher then got and took in on smith who left his 5-hole large enough for a Mack truck to park in…

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808391 is a reply to message #808389 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

watchman wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 23:59

And Nurse out there at the end trying to tie it up? Think he just wants to spite the fans.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808392 is a reply to message #808387 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Not someone that I want to be pointing fingers at, but sadly I am going to do so. Leon isn't fit, he's been labouring for most of this series and looks like his injury has got worse rather than better. He's killing any offense which has subsequently killed this team. Fair play to him for doing what he has done in the previous two rounds on his injured ankle, but we killed ourselves on the powerplay tonight and he has a lot to do with that.

Whilst I hope we can come back to win this series, it's not looking likely, did I not ask for Cuthbert to be removed from the commentary booth? He'll have taken out all the Canadian teams on commentary this year.

[Updated on: Sat, 04 June 2022 21:06]

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808393 is a reply to message #808391 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

Woody has sealed the deal for me. We need a coach that will play the best players. No scrubs like nurse and Malone.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808394 is a reply to message #808380 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Mike wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 20:51

Oh well. We won the Battle of Alberta, so there’s that.

I always felt and made mention to others that I didn't want a BOA in the play-off's. Yes it was huge fun and we've got mega bragging rights over them, but I felt that whoever came out of that would be mentally and physically exhausted and we've looked half the team we did in that series.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808395 is a reply to message #808383 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 20:55

What a terrible game by Nuge. I am so pissed. Must win game, you'd think a guy like him would step up being the longest Oilers. 1 measily shot on goal. 2 brutal giveaways on the empty netter. How many more years of this guy not stepping up? 7. YAY!!

Lol glad you got that out there RD. Any other facking issues out there for the Oilers tonight that you saw or just facking Nuge lost this one? confused2

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808396 is a reply to message #808383 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 23:55

Why is it you get petulant and down right offended when anyone criticizes any player on the team and come down on them for not being “real fans” and other such nonsense. But then you are always crapping on Nuge. Which is it? We’re allowed to have unfavourable views/opinions on players or not?

FWIW - I agree. Other than a couple of bursts, Nuge wasn’t a big positive tonight.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808397 is a reply to message #808391 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:01

watchman wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 23:59

And Nurse out there at the end trying to tie it up? Think he just wants to spite the fans.

Nurse is near the top of the leadership core for the next 8 years. We are being outclassed all across this lineup. Sucks but this team is never gonna go anywhere in the future if nurse and others can't learn to battle through stuff in the playoffs. I don't think I want Keith on that side late either. Dude messed up plenty on the left wall in the zone. This teams depth is poo.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808398 is a reply to message #808393 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:04

Woody has sealed the deal for me. We need a coach that will play the best players. No scrubs like nurse and Malone.

Holloway getting burned in these games would do wonders for his confidence. The guy is not a sure fire prospect. More likely he would get overwhelmed and end up playing 3 minutes. Avs are better all over their lineup. We needed some miracles. None came. The opposite their backup goalie ends up way better than their starter. How damn annoying. Refs are not going to help at all either. We are the decided underdogs that are only supposed to win with luck and miracles.

[Updated on: Sat, 04 June 2022 21:12]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808399 is a reply to message #808396 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Mike wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:06

Why is it you get petulant and down right offended when anyone criticizes any player on the team and come down on them for not being “real fans” and other such nonsense. But then you are always crapping on Nuge. Which is it? We’re allowed to have unfavourable views/opinions on players or not?

FWIW - I agree. Other than a couple of bursts, Nuge wasn’t a big positive tonight.

Also does this with Puljujarvi.

But man oh man are Smith, Archibald, Nurse and Kassian ever golden children. I’m honestly surprised we didn’t get a comment about how the team missed Archibald in that post.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808400 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

I haven't been this sour due to a hockey game since the final game of the Anaheim series. Between the dumb stuff this team did and the slimy stuff the Avs got away with, I probably should have done something else tonight.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808402 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Av’s are strictly just a better team. There’s no way around that.

Congrats to them. I hope the Rags/Bolts ruin their parade.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808403 is a reply to message #808396 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I saw a team that's held together with tape and chicken wire basically. Gassed as well. It was a fail to insert Brad Malone. Was a gamble, he'd be great if the Oilers came out guns blazing and were up 3, but this team is looking for answers on offence. He was unusable once they were down, played sparingly on the kill.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808404 is a reply to message #808403 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:13

I saw a team that's held together with tape and chicken wire basically. Gassed as well. It was a fail to insert Brad Malone. Was a gamble, he'd be great if the Oilers came out guns blazing and were up 3, but this team is looking for answers on offence. He was unusable once they were down, played sparingly on the kill.

Sure got a few whacks in on… helm?… there late though!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808405 is a reply to message #808404 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:14

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:13

Sure got a few whacks in on… helm?… there late though!

Yah that's when you want Brad Malone to send a message with seconds on the clock and you're down 3 nil in the series!🤣

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808406 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Also, looks like Kadri's out the rest of the series, so was this Kane's last game before getting paid?

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808408 is a reply to message #808399 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:10

Well I see you are no better than the rest. All I want from JP is for him to give a consistent effort, use his god given big body more often and cash in on a few of the grade A chances he gets. How the HELL is that crapping on JP?! Don't the rest of you want JP to cash in on a few more chances? If he did, it would help the team.

Just like I did with Inverno when he accused me of saying I wanted JP to be benched which I proved was a lie, WHERE have I crapped on JP and said he was a bad player lately? Show me. Did I saw I believe it was 3 years ago, he looked like he was going down the path of being a bust? I sure did. Did I man up and admit I was wrong when he came back to the NHL and played better? You bet your ass I did.

If you want to call me out on my opinion because I dare to be different than others, go ahead. But don't lie and accuse me of saying things I am not.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808409 is a reply to message #808406 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:20

Also, looks like Kadri's out the rest of the series, so was this Kane's last game before getting paid?

The burning question is whether Woody has any other plumbers he can bring in if Kane isn't available and they need more offense? Anyone else he can't play if the Oilers get down one? I can see shuffling 4th liners all things being equal but it was curious when they lost Yamo that Malone was the answer.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808410 is a reply to message #808408 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:22

Well I see you are no better than the rest. All I want from JP is for him to give a consistent effort, use his god given big body more often and cash in on a few of the grade A chances he gets. How the HELL is that crapping on JP?! Don't the rest of you want JP to cash in on a few more chances? If he did, it would help the team.

Just like I did with Inverno when he accused me of saying I wanted JP to be benched which I proved was a lie, WHERE have I crapped on JP and said he was a bad player lately? Show me. Did I saw I believe it was 3 years ago, he looked like he was going down the path of being a bust? I sure did. Did I man up and admit I was wrong when he came back to the NHL and played better? You bet your ass I did.

If you want to call me out on my opinion because I dare to be different than others, go ahead. But don't lie and accuse me of saying things I am not.

I’m definitely no different than the rest. I’m not afraid to admit that. I’m also a tad liquored so Ill hold in some things.

I share my unfavorable views on several players here. Archibald on the daily it seems. Nurse once a week if not more. I’ve been known to be unfavorable on Yamo, Kassian, even Keith who I was literally the biggest advocate for on this site.

I enjoy the differing views and opinions on this site, but the constant holier than thou crap is painstaking man.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808411 is a reply to message #808408 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:22

You are frigging different, clearly. The only issue I have with 7 more years of Nuge is 7 more years of you, being different..<sigh>

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808412 is a reply to message #808409 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:27

Suomalainen wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:20

The burning question is whether Woody has any other plumbers he can bring in if Kane isn't available and they need more offense? Anyone else he can't play if the Oilers get down one? I can see shuffling 4th liners all things being equal but it was curious when they lost Yamo that Malone was the answer.

Still has Shore to insert into the lineup!

As long as he keeps Archibald away, game was likely 6-2 with him dressed tonight.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808413 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

I've started toggling through all my Oilers jerseys trying to find the one with the right spark of luck for this team. None of them are working, so either the jerseys are out of luck, or I myself wearing an Oilers jersey is unlucky. I might wear my Avs jersey next game just to take them down a notch.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808414 is a reply to message #808388 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

watchman wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 19:58

25 has been an anchor ALL series...
2nd best goaltending ALL series... (and Smith has made a lot of unbelievable saves)
Woodcroft unwilling to insert HOLLOWAY... (least of problems)
29 slowed down after being flipped by MacKinnon in the 1st.

...not Bouchard's fault that he doesn't have man strength yet, but he could have just moved the puck deeper into the corner instead of being shoved off the puck.

All Bouchard had to do was freeze the puck on the boards.. take a hit.. falls down like an invalid.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808415 is a reply to message #808406 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 20:20

Likely.. good way to go out though. Kadri is a triple A douche.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808416 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

At least we put Calgary out.. and the wait for the draft is a lot shorter this year.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808417 is a reply to message #808416 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:51

At least we put Calgary out.. and the wait for the draft is a lot shorter this year.

We’ll also have the BOA in 5, Avs can’t take that from us

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808418 is a reply to message #808415 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:49

Avs are trying real hard to get Kane suspended too.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808419 is a reply to message #808418 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:01

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 04 June 2022 21:49

Avs are trying real hard to get Kane suspended too.

They won't have to try very hard.. Parros loves the Oilers.

Yamo gets clocke din teh head and Avs don't even get a 2 minute.. or even a fine to Doucheskog .. but Kane will for sure get 1 or even 2.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #808420 is a reply to message #808366 ]
Sat, 04 June 2022 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Too bad.

4.5M on Koskinen
5.5M on Keith
3.2M on Kassian
4.25M on dead cap (Sekera, Neal, Lucic)

An Oilers team with a properly managed cap would have competed with the Avalanche. But we are getting outclassed.

And be prepared to hear all summer about the good things Holland has done without going over the bad.

Clean house or bust

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #4)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca