This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13)
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745810]
Tue, 29 October 2019 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Detroit to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2019-20 Regular Season
Friday, October 18, 2019Detroit 1 @ Edmonton 2Win
Tuesday, October 29, 2019Edmonton 1 @ Detroit 3Loss
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 0-1-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 2/1 Total: 3
Home / Road Goals Against: 1/3 Total: 4

2018-19 Regular Season
Saturday, November 3, 2018Edmonton 4 @ Detroit 3Win
Tuesday, January 22, 2019Detroit 3 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 2/4 Total: 6
Home / Road Goals Against: 3/3 Total: 6

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745813 is a reply to message #745810 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Saturday was atrocious. A real kick in the nards... Smitty knows what I’m talkin’ about. Gotta right the ship here boys.

MUST WIN!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745815 is a reply to message #745810 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Detroit has lost 8 in a row or something. I don't see the Oilers being as hungry as them, also the bottom 6 will be outscored by the Red Wings' bottom 6.

Still a MUST WIN.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745818 is a reply to message #745815 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I am expecting a good effort from the Oilers today. I heard Strudwick on Gregor's show talk about the game on Sunday and he said he thinks the Oilers will be going into this game with the mindset they owe the coach a good game or 2. In his opinion, Sunday's garbage effort had everything to do with the Oilers having their Halloween party Friday night. There were instagram pictures of McDavid in his costume on Friday so it happened. It was a 2pm game on Sunday. As Strudiwck said as a former player, these guys would have went out and partied it up because he knows. So you party are ass off Friday drinking and eating and into the wee hours of Saturday morning. Saturday is a complete write off. Then you wake up on Sunday, it's an early game so your routine is off and you probably don't feel 100%.

I am not a professional athlete. But I workout pretty hard Monday to Friday in a pretty high intensity class. When I have a weekend where I eat poorly and have a bunch of drinks on a Saturday night. That first workout on the Monday, I am feeling sluggish. These pro athletes are routine based. I am sure they eat and drink more healthy than I can imagine. They get more rest than I ever do. So I am sure when they upset that routine, it impacts them. In my opinion, what Strudwick said makes sense because watching those guys live, they just didn't have it. I don't begrudge them for having a fun night out. But as Strudwick said, they owe their coach a game or 2.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745822 is a reply to message #745818 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Nuge lovers are about to explode. Here are the lines.

Drai - McDavid-Kaasian
Khaira - RNH - Gagner
Neal - Haas - Chiasson
Jurco - Sheahan - Russell

Nurse - Bear
Klef - Russ
Manning - Benning

It's pretty obvious to me that Tippett doesn't have much time for Granlund. I say this because this is the second time that he's been scratched. I am not saying that Granlund has played well because he hasn't. But Khaira gets put out game after game and as far as I can tell, Khaira has been just as lousy. I have yet to see Khaira do anything either so I don't know why he hasn't gotten a seat just to wake his ass up.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745824 is a reply to message #745822 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 09:53

Drai - McDavid-Kaasian
Khaira - RNH - Gagner
Neal - Haas - Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
Klef - Russ
Manning - Benning

It's pretty obvious to me that Tippett doesn't have much time for Granlund. I say this because this is the second time that he's been scratched. I am not saying that Granlund has played well because he hasn't. But Khaira gets put out game after game and as far as I can tell, Khaira has been just as lousy. I have yet to see Khaira do anything either so I don't know why he hasn't gotten a seat just to wake his ass up.

THat 2nd line...

https://media2.giphy.com/media/AjkUQrzvs5OCc/source.gif

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745825 is a reply to message #745824 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 10:34

Drai - McDavid-Kaasian
Khaira - RNH - Gagner
Neal - Haas - Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
Klef - Russ
Manning - Benning

THat 2nd line...

Is the Nuge like the second line or is it the Haas line?

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745826 is a reply to message #745825 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 10:39

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 10:34

Drai - McDavid-Kaasian
Khaira - RNH - Gagner
Neal - Haas - Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
Klef - Russ
Manning - Benning

THat 2nd line...

Is the Nuge like the second line or is it the Haas line?

Same response for both. This team's depth is really bad.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745828 is a reply to message #745818 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 08:39

they owe their coach a game or 2.

Not to mention the fans who had to suffer through that crap show. The fans who ponied up and paid way more than they should have to, to pay their outrageous salaries and then watch them bungle it. I can accept they will have a bad game now and then but as a result of partying too late on Friday ? To me that's unacceptable.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 October 2019 11:20]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745831 is a reply to message #745828 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

overdue wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 11:18

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 08:39

they owe their coach a game or 2.

Not to mention the fans who had to suffer through that crap show. The fans who ponied up and paid way more than they should have to, to pay their outrageous salaries and then watch them bungle it. I can accept they will have a bad game now and then but as a result of partying too late on Friday ? To me that's unacceptable.

I am just going by what Strudwick said and he's basing off experience. He walked the walk and did that same thing.

The Oilers were at home, played a previous home game, coming off a big come from behind win against a good team, they even an extra day off to rest so the excuse of being tired for the game isn't there. To watch them play, you'd think they played the previous night and just got in a few hours earlier. They were awful.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745835 is a reply to message #745815 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 07:52

Detroit has lost 8 in a row or something. I don't see the Oilers being as hungry as them, also the bottom 6 will be outscored by the Red Wings' bottom 6.

Still a MUST WIN.

Good news my friend! The Red Wings are the one team in the league with as woeful a performing bottom 6 as our own! Only 10 Red Wings have scored a goal, and three of them are defencemen.

Top 4 forwards - Edmonton 28 goals, Detroit 19
Defence - Edmonton 6, Detroit 4
Rest of the forwards - Edm 2, Detroit 4

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745841 is a reply to message #745822 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Drai - McDavid-Kaasian
Khaira - RNH - Gagner
Neal - Haas - Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
Klef - Russ
Manning - Benning

Not explode, just scratching our heads- Khaira bumped up to the 2nd line, WTH? Neal is going to help Haas and Chiasson somehow? Jurco is somehow going to make Sheahan more competent? I don't see the team trying this crap if it were a good team that they are facing tonight.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745844 is a reply to message #745841 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 14:45

Drai - McDavid-Kaasian
Khaira - RNH - Gagner
Neal - Haas - Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
Klef - Russ
Manning - Benning

Not explode, just scratching our heads- Khaira bumped up to the 2nd line, WTH? Neal is going to help Haas and Chiasson somehow? Jurco is somehow going to make Sheahan more competent? I don't see the team trying this crap if it were a good team that they are facing tonight.

I agree on the head scratching. My only guess is trying to find some chemistry. Unless Gagner and Khaira somehow tank the defensive abilities of the second line then it cant be any worse overall. I love what Neal has done goal wise but it isnt like the second line is providing 5 V 5 offense.

The first line still has to have a +2 goal differential and hope for the best on the rest of the lines.

Re-arranging deck chairs.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745845 is a reply to message #745835 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 12:43

WhoreableGuy wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 07:52

Still a MUST WIN.

Good news my friend! The Red Wings are the one team in the league with as woeful a performing bottom 6 as our own! Only 10 Red Wings have scored a goal, and three of them are defencemen.

Top 4 forwards - Edmonton 28 goals, Detroit 19
Defence - Edmonton 6, Detroit 4
Rest of the forwards - Edm 2, Detroit 4

It makes for interesting line matching strategy.
Does Detroit go best on best or do the concede goals to the first line by feeding the bad lines to them. Then put their top guns out against our fodder?
I havent watched Detroit this year so not sure what they would use as a shut down line. If they dont have one this has every making of an odd game with no flow. Basically both sides on the attack when the top lines are out then sitting back and holding on while line one rests.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745848 is a reply to message #745844 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 15:40

Drai - McDavid-Kaasian
Khaira - RNH - Gagner
Neal - Haas - Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
Klef - Russ
Manning - Benning

I agree on the head scratching. My only guess is trying to find some chemistry. Unless Gagner and Khaira somehow tank the defensive abilities of the second line then it cant be any worse overall. I love what Neal has done goal wise but it isnt like the second line is providing 5 V 5 offense.

The first line still has to have a +2 goal differential and hope for the best on the rest of the lines.

It's so depressing seeing coach after coach going to the max blender, hoping that 8 rotten stinky turds can somehow be spun at a perfect frequency where at the least the odor is caught up in a vortex and you can't smell it as much anymore.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745851 is a reply to message #745848 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 16:28

Drai - McDavid-Kaasian
Khaira - RNH - Gagner
Neal - Haas - Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
Klef - Russ
Manning - Benning

It's so depressing seeing coach after coach going to the max blender, hoping that 8 rotten stinky turds can somehow be spun at a perfect frequency where at the least the odor is caught up in a vortex and you can't smell it as much anymore.

What if they played Nuge with Haas though?

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745852 is a reply to message #745851 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 17:16

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 16:28

Drai - McDavid-Kaasian
Khaira - RNH - Gagner
Neal - Haas - Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
Klef - Russ
Manning - Benning

What if they played Nuge with Haas though?

Could find out as early as the 2nd period!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13) [message #745859 is a reply to message #745824 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 18:00 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 09:34

Drai - McDavid-Kaasian
Khaira - RNH - Gagner
Neal - Haas - Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
Klef - Russ
Manning - Benning

THat 2nd line...

Nuge...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/ka5dowIgX0DmnZO2T1/giphy.webp?cid=790b7611cc8972620a1c0e8b1d14dcc538f95a48862f77ee&rid=giphy.webp

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #14)
Next Topic:Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #12)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca