This day on December 17
None

Happy Birthday To: pupper, amandeepman88, killerabbie, nev'z87, Oilerifik, idekoning

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pre-Season Game 7 - Canes vs Oilers (@Saskatoon)
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pre-Season Game 7 - Canes vs Oilers (@Saskatoon) [message #699309]
Wed, 27 September 2017 12:47 Go to next message
drummerinblack  is currently offline drummerinblack

No Cups

Tonight's projected lineup:

Maroon - McDavid - Yamamoto
Lucic - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Caggiula - Strome - Kassian
Malone - Kelly - Pakarinen

Defence:

Auvitu - Larsson
Russell - Benning
Nurse - Gryba

Goal:
Brossoit
Talbot

Strome gets a shot at center, Brossoit should get the full 60 minutes, and hopefully we can redeem ourselves from Monday's game!

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pre-Season Game 7 - Canes vs Oilers (@Saskatoon) [message #699310 is a reply to message #699309 ]
Wed, 27 September 2017 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

No Cups

Wish I didn't dump my tickets. Last pre season game I went to in Stoon was highlighted by Curtis Hamilton. I said never again.

That's a solid NHL lineup with a few omissions.

Re: Pre-Season Game 7 - Canes vs Oilers (@Saskatoon) [message #699311 is a reply to message #699309 ]
Wed, 27 September 2017 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

6 Cups

It will be interesting to see how Kailer does playing on the top line for a full (or a good stretch of the) game. He was dynamic on Monday and one of the few highlights in what was otherwise a dismal outing. I still think he should be sent down when the season starts, however.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pre-Season Game 7 - Canes vs Oilers (@Saskatoon) [message #699313 is a reply to message #699311 ]
Wed, 27 September 2017 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 27 September 2017 13:41

It will be interesting to see how Kailer does playing on the top line for a full (or a good stretch of the) game. He was dynamic on Monday and one of the few highlights in what was otherwise a dismal outing. I still think he should be sent down when the season starts, however.

Are you sure he should be sent down, bro? He's tied with Brad Hunt for the NHL lead in points.

This alone should temper regular season expectations for Yamamoto. Let him go to back to Spokane, rip up that league and win a Gold (not at Canada's expense) at the WJHC.

https://i.imgur.com/mMLx3Tx.jpg

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Pre-Season Game 7 - Canes vs Oilers (@Saskatoon) [message #699314 is a reply to message #699313 ]
Wed, 27 September 2017 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

Another super high quality stream.
1/3 of the time it's ok, 1/3 of the time there's an echo / weird background noise, and 1/3 of the time there's no sound at all.

If a 12 year old kid can figure out how to stream themselves playing video games you'd think a professional sports club could figure something out for streaming their games. It's not like the technology is new...

Re: Pre-Season Game 7 - Canes vs Oilers (@Saskatoon) [message #699315 is a reply to message #699313 ]
Wed, 27 September 2017 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Wed, 27 September 2017 16:27

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 27 September 2017 13:41

Are you sure he should be sent down, bro? He's tied with Brad Hunt for the NHL lead in points.

This alone should temper regular season expectations for Yamamoto. Let him go to back to Spokane, rip up that league and win a Gold (not at Canada's expense) at the WJHC.

https://i.imgur.com/mMLx3Tx.jpg

I wonder, is there a way to see historical preseason stats? I'm betting there are some interesting names that led the NHL in points.

Re: Pre-Season Game 7 - Canes vs Oilers (@Saskatoon) [message #699316 is a reply to message #699315 ]
Wed, 27 September 2017 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

Ugh. These last two games against the 'Canes have been pretty uninspiring...

Our top roster looks worse than the journeyman teams that we were icing early in the preseason.

Gross hockey. Hopefully the crowd in Stoon is too drunk to notice. :S

Re: Pre-Season Game 7 - Canes vs Oilers (@Saskatoon) [message #699317 is a reply to message #699309 ]
Wed, 27 September 2017 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

Connor should have gotten a Penalty shot near the end there - give the Saskatoon crowd a chance to toss their hats.

Terrible 2nd bookended by a decent first and a pretty good 3rd

Re: Pre-Season Game 7 - Canes vs Oilers (@Saskatoon) [message #699319 is a reply to message #699309 ]
Wed, 27 September 2017 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Only saw bits, but saw some decent stuff. Might be something there with Pulju on the 2nd line. He's still showing flashes to me that he is starting to get the NA game.

Finally Yams takes a little breather. Now McLellan has an excuse to send him back to Jr :)

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Pre-Season Game 7 - Canes vs Oilers (@Saskatoon) [message #699320 is a reply to message #699319 ]
Thu, 28 September 2017 09:42 Go to previous message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

Last night I felt that Yam and Connor were trying to get way too cute at times. They have all the skill in the world but sometimes I'd like to see them carry the puck a little longer and just fire a shot. There were way too many little drop passes that were broken up or intercepted. One play even had McDavid dangle through pretty much everyone and then send a pass to Yam right in front of the net.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Previous Topic:Oilers Training Camp 2017
Next Topic:More Cuts
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca