Departed: Alexander Selivanov (2000)

Happy Birthday To: 2steady, Oiler Fan 31, We.Want.Cup

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » Spector: Culture club: Flames losing right way
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Spector: Culture club: Flames losing right way [message #614566]
Wed, 13 November 2013 11:30 Go to next message
Oilfanforever!!  is currently offline Oilfanforever!!

1 Cup

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/culture-club-flames-losin g-right-way/

Never thought I'd say it but the Flames seem to be doing this whole rebuild thing the right way!!

Consider the fact that the Flames are run by blowhards like Feaster and Burke and even they seem to have figured out what they're doing!!

What the &^%$ does that say about our mgmt team!!??

I swear the Oiler's brain trust are to hockey what Rob Ford is to politics!! lol

Anyone else find this year's Flames reminiscent of the Todd Marchant Oilers from the 90's!!?

(Young and lacking in skill but WOW did they compete!! How I would love to even see an element of that in this year's Oilers!!)

"I hope that went well. ... that's the team I want to go to..." -Taylor Hall.

...asked if he was excited for the draft to be over, Yakupov said: "It's not over. It's just starting."

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Spector: Culture club: Flames losing right way [message #614568 is a reply to message #614566 ]
Wed, 13 November 2013 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Oilfanforever!! wrote on Wed, 13 November 2013 11:30

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/culture-club-flames-losin g-right-way/

Never thought I'd say it but the Flames seem to be doing this whole rebuild thing the right way!!

Consider the fact that the Flames are run by blowhards like Feaster and Burke and even they seem to have figured out what they're doing!!

What the &^%$ does that say about our mgmt team!!??

I swear the Oiler's brain trust are to hockey what Rob Ford is to politics!! lol

Anyone else find this year's Flames reminiscent of the Todd Marchant Oilers from the 90's!!?

(Young and lacking in skill but WOW did they compete!! How I would love to even see an element of that in this year's Oilers!!)

I saw Spector waxing on about the Flames last night, but they were lucky to even be in that game. They were completely dominated by the Sharks and relied on some fantastic goaltending. It was basically the same game as the Oilers vs. Kings a couple weeks back when Bachman stood on his head.

I don't think that I'd draw that up as the winning formula. They were owned by the Sharks and were lucky not to have allowed a lot more goals. Most nights that's a 5-2 win.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Spector: Culture club: Flames losing right way [message #614569 is a reply to message #614568 ]
Wed, 13 November 2013 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfanforever!!  is currently offline Oilfanforever!!

1 Cup

Fair enough but one cannot help but see some of the things they're doing down there and not be a bit envious given our mess up here...not to mention what they heck is the score going to be when we play the Sharks!!?? GULP lol

Besides, wouldn't it be nice to have something to rely on in Edmonton??!!
Can we rely on goaltending? nope
defensive play? nope
back-checking? nope
special teams? no

I would kill to be able to say a goalie stole that game or a young gun took that win on his back...the truth is we have no identity as a team and as a result you see lots of individual play because the players are playing for themselves because the sense of team isn't there or at least not on the ice where it matters the most!!?? ugh

[Updated on: Wed, 13 November 2013 11:43]

"I hope that went well. ... that's the team I want to go to..." -Taylor Hall.

...asked if he was excited for the draft to be over, Yakupov said: "It's not over. It's just starting."

Re: Spector: Culture club: Flames losing right way [message #614573 is a reply to message #614569 ]
Wed, 13 November 2013 12:13 Go to previous message
ronster  is currently offline ronster

1 Cup

I think the real issue is the compete level. Flames are at least competing, while the Oilers seem to be just getting steamrolled.

I could marginally handle us losing if we actually gave a %^& in the game. While the apparent skill level of Calgary is not the same as Edmonton, at least they are working hard within the game.

Spector can wax poetic about losing the right away, but in the end, it's still losing.

Adam wrote

Maybe it's fitting to have found religion in the room because on most nights this team doesn't have a prayer.

Previous Topic:NHL +/- League Leader
Next Topic:Whitney waived by FLA
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2014.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca