This day on April 17
None

Happy Birthday To: blackgold, Doug, M00se, taisuke, oilfan2523, OilFans, EDM_oilfan6690, Darcy_183, tgdoctor

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » Sedins re-sign with Vancouver
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Sedins re-sign with Vancouver [message #612709]
Fri, 01 November 2013 16:47 Go to next message
ravb1981 is currently online ravb1981

No Cups

I just saw this on the NHL website

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=689523&navid=nhl:toph eads

"The Vancouver Canucks re-signed Henrik Sedin and Daniel Sedin to matching four-year contract extensions Friday. Financial terms were not released, but multiple media reports valued each at $28 million.

The Sedin twins, 33, are in the final season of matching five-year, $30.5 million contracts and would have become unrestricted free agents in July 2014. They will be 37 years old when their new contracts expire."

Doesn't sound like they are taking that much of a pay increase $900K more than their previous contracts. Fair value if they can stay healthy!!

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Sedins re-sign with Vancouver [message #612712 is a reply to message #612709 ]
Fri, 01 November 2013 16:56 Go to previous message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

If these guys were heading in the prime of their career I say this is fair value.

I think they are probably worth 7 million next season, maybe after but the last 2 I'm not sure. That said, they likely would have gotten more than 7 million on the market.

I do predict the Sedins to have longer longevity than other star players around the league though. They are in great shape and don't play a terribly body wearing game. Good deal for both sides I think.

Send a private message to this user  

Previous Topic:Varlamov Arrested!
Next Topic:Three GMs talk about the end of fighting
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright OilFans.com 1996-2013.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca