This day on August 21
Acquired: Don Jackson (1981) Pat Falloon (1998) Dan Smith (2003)
Departed: Don Murdoch (1981)

Happy Birthday To: Entwhistle, ameeratif, Rosco11, etnies.80

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Katz letter to Oilers Fans
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Katz letter to Oilers Fans [message #622559 is a reply to message #622344 ]
Tue, 21 January 2014 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eedok  is currently offline eedok

No Cups

I thought this letter sounded a lot like another letter from earlier in the playoff drought:
Quote:

Hi, this is Kevin Lowe.

After a very eventful week around the hockey club, I wanted to take a moment and communicate to you, our most valued customers, our continued commitment to success.

As I stated last week, our hockey club will always do what we feel is in the best interest of our fans, and in the best interest of building a Stanley Cup championship team here in Oil Country.

Right now, we have a core group of veteran players and a wealth of emerging young talent. Last week’s trade brought us two more young players in Robert Nilsson and Ryan O’Marra, and another first round draft choice in this year’s NHL draft. They will join players like Pouliot, Jacques, Stortini, Brodziak, and Schremp, just to name a few, as potential members of a championship Oilers club. Certainly, along the way, we will add to our roster through trades and free agency when the right opportunities are there, now that we have the resources to do so. Make no mistake; our plan is to return the Stanley Cup to Edmonton.

We have an exciting future ahead of us all, and we look forward to sharing it with you.

Thanks again for your ongoing support of Oilers Hockey.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Katz letter to Oilers Fans [message #622585 is a reply to message #622559 ]
Tue, 21 January 2014 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

eedok wrote on Tue, 21 January 2014 19:42

I thought this letter sounded a lot like another letter from earlier in the playoff drought:
Quote:

Hi, this is Kevin Lowe.

After a very eventful week around the hockey club, I wanted to take a moment and communicate to you, our most valued customers, our continued commitment to success.

As I stated last week, our hockey club will always do what we feel is in the best interest of our fans, and in the best interest of building a Stanley Cup championship team here in Oil Country.

Right now, we have a core group of veteran players and a wealth of emerging young talent. Last week’s trade brought us two more young players in Robert Nilsson and Ryan O’Marra, and another first round draft choice in this year’s NHL draft. They will join players like Pouliot, Jacques, Stortini, Brodziak, and Schremp, just to name a few, as potential members of a championship Oilers club. Certainly, along the way, we will add to our roster through trades and free agency when the right opportunities are there, now that we have the resources to do so. Make no mistake; our plan is to return the Stanley Cup to Edmonton.

We have an exciting future ahead of us all, and we look forward to sharing it with you.

Can we start a Kickstarter to have that as a billboard outside Oilers HQ!?

One guy is still in the NHL, having a fine career. And the Oil traded him cause the coach (now GM!) didn't like his attitude.

Painful window into the great hockey minds we have steering the ship.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Katz letter to Oilers Fans [message #622636 is a reply to message #622585 ]
Tue, 21 January 2014 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

1 Cup

nullterm wrote on Tue, 21 January 2014 21:18

eedok wrote on Tue, 21 January 2014 19:42

Quote:

Hi, this is Kevin Lowe.

Can we start a Kickstarter to have that as a billboard outside Oilers HQ!?

One guy is still in the NHL, having a fine career. And the Oil traded him cause the coach (now GM!) didn't like his attitude.

Painful window into the great hockey minds we have steering the ship.

With this letter, have we entered something akin to the Ballard zone where the owner really thinks only he knows whats best.....even if its just hiring old hockey buddies.....whatever?

Lowe's record speaks for itself. There is little to defend.

Lowe

Lower

Lowest

Re: Katz letter to Oilers Fans [message #622648 is a reply to message #622559 ]
Wed, 22 January 2014 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bryan Halls Toupee  is currently offline Bryan Halls Toupee

No Cups

eedok wrote on Tue, 21 January 2014 20:42

Quote:

Hi, this is Kevin Lowe.

A former golden child during the first post-Pronger rebuild.
A career AHLer.
A draft pick that turned into Alex Plante, a pylon who bruises like a peach.
A guy who they thought was so good he was worth skipping Zach Parise for.
A failed power forward.
Huggy Bear.
A serviceable two-way player who now haunts us on the Wild.
A guy who fell so low in the draft after being ranked so highly by central scouting, and only the Oilers were foolish enough to take him.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 January 2014 00:41]

Re: Katz letter to Oilers Fans [message #622649 is a reply to message #622559 ]
Wed, 22 January 2014 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

4 Cups

eedok wrote on Tue, 21 January 2014 20:42

Quote:

Hi, this is Kevin Lowe.

There was also the apology letter to the fans of the Springfield Falcons for dropping a deuce in their rink for two years and a promise of a better year #3.

Fun Falcons Fact: Year 3 with the Oilers was just as bad.

WAC's and GAB's. WAC's and GAB's.

Re: Katz letter to Oilers Fans [message #622658 is a reply to message #622344 ]
Wed, 22 January 2014 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

This thread should have a warning label, you need Pepto before you read. I'm feeling nauseous.

Here Come the Oilers™ icon_rolleyes

Re: Katz letter to Oilers Fans [message #622665 is a reply to message #622658 ]
Wed, 22 January 2014 09:32 Go to previous message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Wed, 22 January 2014 08:41

This thread should have a warning label, you need Pepto before you read. I'm feeling nauseous.

Nothing some Rexall branded Kool Aid can't fix!

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]  
Previous Topic:Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #52)
Next Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #52)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2014.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca