This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6)
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793529]
Wed, 27 October 2021 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Philadelphia to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2021-22 Regular Season
Wednesday, October 27, 2021Philadelphia 5 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Tuesday, March 1, 2022Edmonton 3 @ Philadelphia 0Win
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 3/3 Total: 6
Home / Road Goals Against: 5/0 Total: 5

2020-21 Regular Season
Home Record: 0-0-0       Road Record: 0-0-0       Overall Record: 0-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 0/0 Total: 0
Home / Road Goals Against: 0/0 Total: 0

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793531 is a reply to message #793529 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

It's been forever! Game night, and not at 11:00PM! Yay!

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793532 is a reply to message #793531 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 08:45

It's been forever! Game night, and not at 11:00PM! Yay!
Not at 11pm? It says 8pm, which is 11pm our time.

Regardless, this should be another good measuring stick game. Philly is a solid team.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793533 is a reply to message #793532 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 09:06

Not at 11pm? It says 8pm, which is 11pm our time.

Regardless, this should be another good measuring stick game. Philly is a solid team.

DOH! I flipped from Google to here and thought it was 8:00 here. Oh well, PVR it is.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793535 is a reply to message #793529 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

First game with my old man since Feb. 2020. Can't wait - got the N95 ready!!

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793536 is a reply to message #793529 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

I am not hopeful on this one. The team was flying high and took a long break. Maybe then can prove me wrong.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793538 is a reply to message #793529 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

I have banner ads trying to sell me tickets to tonight's Oilers game...that's different. I wonder where the team is sitting on ticket sales now. I'm guessing that they are no longer collecting that sweet, sweet waiting list money from anyone...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793540 is a reply to message #793538 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

First anniversary of Joey's death today, a huge big fat W will be for him for sure....

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793541 is a reply to message #793540 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Leia wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 10:38

First anniversary of Joey's death today, a huge big fat W will be for him for sure....

Should point out that being so far ahead time wise, news broke on the 27th here in the UK...

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793543 is a reply to message #793538 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 10:04

I have banner ads trying to sell me tickets to tonight's Oilers game...that's different. I wonder where the team is sitting on ticket sales now. I'm guessing that they are no longer collecting that sweet, sweet waiting list money from anyone...

I don't think they can count on that sweet, sweet season ticket money right now. I've haven't seen so many empty seats on tv since the mid 90s. Meanwhile, the upper deck looks grim.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793544 is a reply to message #793543 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 11:03

I don't think they can count on that sweet, sweet season ticket money right now. I've haven't seen so many empty seats on tv since the mid 90s. Meanwhile, the upper deck looks grim.

Bit of a perfect storm with COVID concerns and all, but the team hasn't earned any goodwill from their fans over the last few years. Poor management, poor in-game production value, higher than average prices on everything, mediocre overpriced food...

I stepped down from 10 games to 5 games after they moved to the new rink and this is the first season in forever that I have no tickets. Although it may be pretty easy to get cheap game-day tix along the way.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793545 is a reply to message #793544 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 11:25

Bit of a perfect storm with COVID concerns and all, but the team hasn't earned any goodwill from their fans over the last few years. Poor management, poor in-game production value, higher than average prices on everything, mediocre overpriced food...

I stepped down from 10 games to 5 games after they moved to the new rink and this is the first season in forever that I have no tickets. Although it may be pretty easy to get cheap game-day tix along the way.

I think COVID and the passports will be use as a pretty convenient excuse by the Oilers for everything you mentioned. I do have a little pity for whoever their VP of ticket sales is right now. Seems like he's in an unwinnable position between organizational expectations and market realities.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793546 is a reply to message #793545 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 11:54

I think COVID and the passports will be use as a pretty convenient excuse by the Oilers for everything you mentioned. I do have a little pity for whoever their VP of ticket sales is right now. Seems like he's in an unwinnable position between organizational expectations and market realities.

If they miss the playoffs or go out early again they can blame it all on him.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793547 is a reply to message #793544 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

I'm just hoping they stick with Chelsea Bird as in game host instead of Jespo. I can't handle his yelling.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793548 is a reply to message #793545 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

https://gametime.co/nhl-hockey/flyers-at-oilers-tickets/10-2 7-2021-edmonton-ab-rogers-place/events/60fa3248298e6e0001f91 522

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793549 is a reply to message #793529 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Leon’s Bday? Must win this one for the German Gretzky

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793551 is a reply to message #793547 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 12:02

I'm just hoping they stick with Chelsea Bird as in game host instead of Jespo. I can't handle his yelling.

Jesperson is done. Announced before the season that he isn’t coming back. I wonder if that’s connected to him being gone from 630 CHED…

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793552 is a reply to message #793545 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Oilers at 85% capacity for this season(including Flames and Canucks games which should be higher demand)
Flames at 78% capacity in their only home game.
https://theathletic.com/2911442/2021/10/25/shapiro-soft-earl y-season-nhl-attendance-numbers-reveal-worrying-trend/
*** Unfortunately behind a paywall. ***

I think if this continues, teams will slightly adjust prices. Better to let people in free and get the 1500% markup on food than have an empty seat.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793554 is a reply to message #793552 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 13:10

Oilers at 85% capacity for this season(including Flames and Canucks games which should be higher demand)
Flames at 78% capacity in their only home game.
https://theathletic.com/2911442/2021/10/25/shapiro-soft-earl y-season-nhl-attendance-numbers-reveal-worrying-trend/
*** Unfortunately behind a paywall. ***

I think if this continues, teams will slightly adjust prices. Better to let people in free and get the 1500% markup on food than have an empty seat.

The Oilers are a premium brand in Edmonton, I can't imagine they'd be willing to sacrifice that carefully crafted image they have of themselves. Of course, they are a money hungry beast, so maybe? If they paper the house, they'll try to be sneaky about it.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793555 is a reply to message #793529 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

And here's the lineup:

Hyman - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Foegele - Ryan - Kassian
Perlini - Shore - Turris

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Barrie

Koskinen
Skinner

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793556 is a reply to message #793555 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

MJ wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 13:33

And here's the lineup:

Foegele - Ryan - Kassian
Perlini - Shore - Turris

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Barrie

Koskinen
Skinner

Very happy to see that top six stay intact from the last couple games.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793560 is a reply to message #793556 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 16:50

And here's the lineup:

Foegele - Ryan - Kassian
Perlini - Shore - Turris

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Barrie

Koskinen
Skinner

Even happier to see Russell absent from this list.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793561 is a reply to message #793560 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 15:11

Adam wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 16:50

And here's the lineup:

Foegele - Ryan - Kassian
Perlini - Shore - Turris

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Barrie

Koskinen
Skinner

Even happier to see Russell absent from this list.

Fourth line is a little ugly though. I don't think Shore or Turris is seeing much action if I had my druthers.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793563 is a reply to message #793548 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 12:29

https://gametime.co/nhl-hockey/flyers-at-oilers-tickets/10-2 7-2021-edmonton-ab-rogers-place/events/60fa3248298e6e0001f91 522

Yeah, my tickets to the last game cost was $110/each, had to take $40/each just to get them to sell. My partners loge seats have gone unsold for a game already.

It's a double squeeze. The antivax crowd can't go, and the ultra-covid concerned won't go to a public place with 18,000 others. Ah well, could be worse, could have no hockey at all.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793567 is a reply to message #793563 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 16:10

Yeah, my tickets to the last game cost was $110/each, had to take $40/each just to get them to sell. My partners loge seats have gone unsold for a game already.

It's a double squeeze. The antivax crowd can't go, and the ultra-covid concerned won't go to a public place with 18,000 others. Ah well, could be worse, could have no hockey at all.

Let me know if there's ever super-cheap loge seats! I've never sat in that section!

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793573 is a reply to message #793567 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 17:19

Let me know if there's ever super-cheap loge seats! I've never sat in that section!

Oil fans night out in the Loge would be stellar. It’s cat 5 Must

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793578 is a reply to message #793567 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 17:19

Will do. And yeah, it's pretty nice. You get access to a different food options, and they serve you in your seat and let you run a tab. They also are a little more, ahem, flexible with the last call rule. That said, I don't think it's worth the price myself.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793584 is a reply to message #793529 ]
Wed, 27 October 2021 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

OilFans wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 02:00

8 pm start on a Wednesday. In what universe does that make sense? World series on SN, and my tv package that includes several SN and TSN channels somehow doesn't have SN360 or SN one.

Re: Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6) [message #793638 is a reply to message #793584 ]
Thu, 28 October 2021 02:51 Go to previous message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 19:55

OilFans wrote on Wed, 27 October 2021 02:00

8 pm start on a Wednesday. In what universe does that make sense? World series on SN, and my tv package that includes several SN and TSN channels somehow doesn't have SN360 or SN one.

Whelp, I actually thought it was a Rogers/Sportsnet thing, and it was in a way. Sportsnet gets exclusive rights to show all games nationally on Wednesdays and Saturdays, so they do want 5MT and 8MT starts for doubleheaders.

What I didn't realize is, 8MT Wednesday is also the scheduled time for NHL on TNT every week (until AEW is moved to TBS in January). Lots of games scheduled from West Coast cities. It's a refreshing change from NBC covering 6 teams and calling it national coverage. Coverage actually expands in the new year. TNT is 1,000 times better than NBC.

Previous Topic:GDT: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #6)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #5)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca