This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Marody Returned to Bakersfield:Puljujarvi Recalled
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Marody Returned to Bakersfield:Puljujarvi Recalled [message #721562]
Fri, 02 November 2018 14:59 Go to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

https://theahl.com/stats/transactions

....wonder if this is to clear a roster spot for Rattie

[Updated on: Sat, 24 November 2018 13:12]

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield [message #723167 is a reply to message #721562 ]
Fri, 23 November 2018 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

....and Marody is returned to Bakersfield....again....

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield [message #723169 is a reply to message #723167 ]
Fri, 23 November 2018 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Fri, 23 November 2018 19:56

....and Marody is returned to Bakersfield....again....

5:00 minutes and 3:00 minutes the last two games. Hitchcock isn't ready to play him, so it makes sense to get him icetime, just like with Puljujarvi and Yamamoto.

Question for me is if Rattie is going to get a fair shake with Hitchcock or if his previous impression of him in St. Louis will colour his usage a couple years later.

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield [message #723180 is a reply to message #721562 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Word is JP will be recalled for tomorrow’s game in LA.

Be interesting to see if Hitch gives JP the opportunity we believe he should get (outside of developing in Bakersfield).

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield [message #723182 is a reply to message #723180 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Sat, 24 November 2018 07:33

Be interesting to see if Hitch gives JP the opportunity we believe he should get (outside of developing in Bakersfield).

.....interesting indeed...Puljujarvi certainly needs to be playing and having great communication with Oiler management and coaches, not sitting in the press box....important where Hitchcock slots him into the lineup...Puljujarvi has top line potential, but I don't know if he would help or hinder McDavid at this point....maybe he can play with Nugent-Hopkins?...

...this team needs an eccentric Finn as an associate coach...where have you gone, Esa Tikkanen???...

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield [message #723184 is a reply to message #723180 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

I really hope this isn’t true.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield [message #723185 is a reply to message #723180 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

https://twitter.com/Condors/status/1066199632919687168

Look at how pumped Pulju is after scoring. Probably more about how McLellan was fired than about the goal itself icon_biggrin

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield [message #723188 is a reply to message #723185 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

...Puljujarvi recall confirmed...

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-recall-puljuj arvi/c-302258808?tid=281885168

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield [message #723189 is a reply to message #721562 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sat, 24 November 2018 11:47

...Puljujarvi recall confirmed...

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-recall-puljuj arvi/c-302258808?tid=281885168

Gotta say I didn't see this coming.
We'll see if Hitch has the magic touch, turn PulJu into the offensive beast he should be.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield:Puljujarvi Recalled [message #723191 is a reply to message #721562 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jack Michaels @EdmontonJack
Hitchcock on Puljujarvi: “I wanted responsibility for his development. I didn’t just want to be watching him play in AHL. I feel this is type of player we need to win in the Western Confernce. I asked Peter if he’d bring him up for practice today.”

Surely music to the ears of many Oilers fans. Ball is in Pulju's court if he can win Hitch over and bring consistent effort. Opportunity is right there in front of him like it has never been so far in his Oilers career. Take advantage kiddo.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield:Puljujarvi Recalled [message #723192 is a reply to message #723191 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 24 November 2018 17:42

Hitchcock on Puljujarvi: “I wanted responsibility for his development. I didn’t just want to be watching him play in AHL. I feel this is type of player we need to win in the Western Confernce. I asked Peter if he’d bring him up for practice today.”

Surely music to the ears of many Oilers fans. Ball is in Pulju's court if he can win Hitch over and bring consistent effort. Opportunity is right there in front of him like it has never been so far in his Oilers career. Take advantage kiddo.

This is truly great to hear!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield [message #723194 is a reply to message #723180 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

To me this is questionable, no indication that he's ready for the NHL. If Hitch is some kind of whisperer here, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield:Puljujarvi Recalled [message #723195 is a reply to message #723192 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Sat, 24 November 2018 16:54

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 24 November 2018 17:42

This is truly great to hear!!

That's cool, but in practice he was on the fourth line with Khaira and a rotation of Patrick Russell and Ty Rattie. We'll have to see if his deployment is actually any different.

Also disappointed to see that Rattie isn't really getting a fair shake. 4 points in 12 games is a whole lot better than many others playing above him in the lineup (Spooner, Lucic, Kassian, Brodziak, Khaira). Like not a criminal demotion, but I was hoping that Hitchcock would give everyone a fresh slate when he arrived.

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield:Puljujarvi Recalled [message #723196 is a reply to message #721562 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

This seems knee jerk. I feel he needs an extended stint to build some confidence and improve his play. This few games in the minors meant nothing and accomplished nothing.

It sucks that the new coach needs to learn these things the hard way. There’s a learning curve involved here with very little time.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield:Puljujarvi Recalled [message #723197 is a reply to message #721562 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Maybe... MAYBE... the 4 game stint down in Bakersfield was enough for JP? Likely not, but we don't know and won't know for sure till we see the next few games from him. But like before, his deployment will likely have a lot to do with his successes.

Didn't watch any of the games but did see highlights and he seemed more engaged and "with it" so to speak. Now obviously they're called "highlights" for a reason hahaha. The JP that was drafted by the Oilers is, by all accounts, the type of player Hitch likes.

My guess would be a large part of his recall would be in part due to Hitch telling Chia they need not only wing depth but a player that can keep with Conner or Nuge, given the opportunity. Chia perhaps explored trade routes but came up dry, so the next best thing, look internal and see what Hitch can get out of JP. Woodcroft seemed to have been able to spark the kid. (And yes, I realize Woodcroft was up here with JP prior to this season however under the tutelage of The Todd.)

All I ask, JP on the left flank on whichever PP unit. Would love him on the 1st unit with Conner saucin' the puck over but we'll see what Hitch has in store for him.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield:Puljujarvi Recalled [message #723198 is a reply to message #723197 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Sat, 24 November 2018 17:41

Maybe... MAYBE... the 4 game stint down in Bakersfield was enough for JP? Likely not, but we don't know and won't know for sure till we see the next few games from him. But like before, his deployment will likely have a lot to do with his successes.

Didn't watch any of the games but did see highlights and he seemed more engaged and "with it" so to speak. Now obviously they're called "highlights" for a reason hahaha. The JP that was drafted by the Oilers is, by all accounts, the type of player Hitch likes.

My guess would be a large part of his recall would be in part due to Hitch telling Chia they need not only wing depth but a player that can keep with Conner or Huge, given the opportunity. Chia perhaps explored trade routes but came up dry, so the next best thing, look internal and see what Hitch can get out of JP. Woodcroft seemed to have been able to spark the kid. (And yes, I realize Woodcroft was up here with JP prior to this season however under the tutelage of The Todd.)

All I ask, JP on the left flank on whichever PP unit. Would love him on the 1st unit with Conner saucin' the puck over but we'll see what Hitch has in store for him.

What are we really trying to get from Pulju in the AHL? Building confidence? By all accounts he has been going hard in his AHL games, and celebrating like a boss for goals he involved in.

What he really has needed is a coach willing to work with him. Woodcroft has been doing that, awesome, but he can only play against plugs down there. Let's see what will happen in the NHL now with a coach actually willing to work with him. His ELC is up this year too, we really need to know what we have with this kid, and he may be more willing to do a quick cheap signing if he's in the NHL lineup with a positive frame of mine, like Yak did after a positive run with Nelson.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield:Puljujarvi Recalled [message #723200 is a reply to message #723198 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 24 November 2018 18:48

OilMJMOil wrote on Sat, 24 November 2018 17:41

My guess would be a large part of his recall would be in part due to Hitch telling Chia they need not only wing depth but a player that can keep with Conner or Huge, given the opportunity. Chia perhaps explored trade routes but came up dry, so the next best thing, look internal and see what Hitch can get out of JP. Woodcroft seemed to have been able to spark the kid. (And yes, I realize Woodcroft was up here with JP prior to this season however under the tutelage of The Todd.)

What are we really trying to get from Pulju in the AHL? Building confidence? By all accounts he has been going hard in his AHL games, and celebrating like a boss for goals he involved in.

What he really has needed is a coach willing to work with him. Woodcroft has been doing that, awesome, but he can only play against plugs down there. Let's see what will happen in the NHL now with a coach actually willing to work with him. His ELC is up this year too, we really need to know what we have with this kid, and he may be more willing to do a quick cheap signing if he's in the NHL lineup with a positive frame of mine, like Yak did after a positive run with Nelson.

100% valid and a great take on it.

I like the kid. I think we all do. And given the options I assume a large sum of us, if not all, agree that if we are to see Oilers playoff hockey JP will have to play a role in it.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Marody Returned to Bakersfield [message #723201 is a reply to message #723182 ]
Sat, 24 November 2018 19:02 Go to previous message
stotto  is currently offline stotto

No Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sat, 24 November 2018 08:13

.....interesting indeed...Puljujarvi certainly needs to be playing and having great communication with Oiler management and coaches, not sitting in the press box....important where Hitchcock slots him into the lineup...Puljujarvi has top line potential, but I don't know if he would help or hinder McDavid at this point....maybe he can play with Nugent-Hopkins?...

...this team needs an eccentric Finn as an associate coach...where have you gone, Esa Tikkanen???...

Loved crazy Tikk.....Unfortunately, I don't think his grasp of Finnish was much better than his English. Best interviews ever from a Finn. ( or whatever language he was speaking)

Jesse will benefit greatly from a coach that puts him in a position to gain confidence and excel at his game.

Hitch will push him to succeed.

Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #22)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #22)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca