This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32)
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748932]
Sun, 08 December 2019 18:05 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748933 is a reply to message #748932 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

OilFans wrote on Sun, 08 December 2019 18:05

Sportsnet digging into the vault with some old Trooper. Lol

“Cruisin' on a sardine boat
Loaded with crazy people”

Nice pull Snet. Don’t think I’ve heard that song for about 40 years. Loved it.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748934 is a reply to message #748932 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Man that first shift. 29 and 97 are flying already. Tough luck on that wrap around, thought Drai was gonna get er.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748935 is a reply to message #748932 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Well crap.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748936 is a reply to message #748932 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

I like Neal on this top unit more than Chiasson.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748937 is a reply to message #748932 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Usually getting a team on the second of a B2B set would be an advantage. Not for the Oilers!

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748940 is a reply to message #748932 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Sheahan scored...c'mon guys, you can't blow this now.

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748941 is a reply to message #748940 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Suomalainen wrote on Sun, 08 December 2019 19:18

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748942 is a reply to message #748941 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 08 December 2019 19:26

Suomalainen wrote on Sun, 08 December 2019 19:18

I’m gonna get shirts made that look like those “Han shot first” ones but they’re gonna say “Pat scored first”

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748943 is a reply to message #748941 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Now Nygard. Secondary scoring tying it up!

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748944 is a reply to message #748942 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Novel idea by the second pp unit to actually get pucks on the net and lo and behond...they score!

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748945 is a reply to message #748932 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

This game feels like it's going to be decided by a weird bounce

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748950 is a reply to message #748932 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

lol, Smith. what kind of save attempt was that? GOes under him as he's lunging forward to make himself a thin rectangle of goalie hovering 1 ft above the ground.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748951 is a reply to message #748945 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Sun, 08 December 2019 20:09

This game feels like it's going to be decided by another bad play by the Oilers

Fixed that for you.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748955 is a reply to message #748950 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cosmicheretic  is currently offline cosmicheretic

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 08 December 2019 20:34

lol, Smith. what kind of save attempt was that? GOes under him as he's lunging forward to make himself a thin rectangle of goalie hovering 1 ft above the ground.

I thought I saw his pad come off the post again like back to back goals he allowed in his last stinker?

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748956 is a reply to message #748955 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

cosmicheretic wrote on Sun, 08 December 2019 21:43

I thought I saw his pad come off the post again like back to back goals he allowed in his last stinker?

Just watched the replay again on nhl.com. I thought it went under him as he lunged, but yeah, it goes off his right pad and in. Unfortunately, the push he did to make that lunge opened up that right side of the net and allowed the puck to go off his pad and in.

Smith certainly seems to like over-complicating things these days. He just had to go over on that one and be square to the shooter with his pads down. Not sure why the lunge forward was necessary.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748958 is a reply to message #748956 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 08 December 2019 21:54

Just watched the replay again on nhl.com. I thought it went under him as he lunged, but yeah, it goes off his right pad and in. Unfortunately, the push he did to make that lunge opened up that right side of the net and allowed the puck to go off his pad and in.

Smith certainly seems to like over-complicating things these days. He just had to go over on that one and be square to the shooter with his pads down. Not sure why the lunge forward was necessary.

Didn't look good on any of those goals tonight. The first one is tipped, and there's a bit of an unlucky bounce on the second one, but still...he didn't look sharp and finished below .900 yet again. It's a shame about his no-move clause...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748966 is a reply to message #748958 ]
Mon, 09 December 2019 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Sun, 08 December 2019 23:14

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 08 December 2019 21:54

Didn't look good on any of those goals tonight. The first one is tipped, and there's a bit of an unlucky bounce on the second one, but still...he didn't look sharp and finished below .900 yet again. It's a shame about his no-move clause...

Trade him to the flames.

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748967 is a reply to message #748966 ]
Mon, 09 December 2019 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I didn't think Smith was sharp. The split between Smith and Koskinen is virtually dead even yet Koskinen has been the superior goalie. At what point does the Oilers need to look at moving towards are more traditional starter vs back up? The Oilers have 50 games left. Even if all they do is give Koskinen 2/3 of the games, that puts him at 51 starts. That's not a massive amount of work.

On a game you get 2 goals from your bottom 6 guys, you need to win that game. All they needed was 1 goal from their big guys and those guys didn't piss a drop. I thought the top line was particularly ineffective.

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748990 is a reply to message #748958 ]
Mon, 09 December 2019 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Quote:

Didn't look good on any of those goals tonight. The first one is tipped, and there's a bit of an unlucky bounce on the second one, but still...he didn't look sharp and finished below .900 yet again. It's a shame about his no-move clause.

Took look at the lowlights of the goals against and other than possibly the overtime one I didn't see any fault in Smith at all. He would have had to be super lucky to stop either one. Defensive melt down ( lazy coverage and poor decisions ) was more to blame in my opinion.

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748991 is a reply to message #748990 ]
Mon, 09 December 2019 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

overdue wrote on Mon, 09 December 2019 12:05

Quote:

Didn't look good on any of those goals tonight. The first one is tipped, and there's a bit of an unlucky bounce on the second one, but still...he didn't look sharp and finished below .900 yet again. It's a shame about his no-move clause.

Took look at the lowlights of the goals against and other than possibly the overtime one I didn't see any fault in Smith at all. He would have had to be super lucky to stop either one. Defensive melt down ( lazy coverage and poor decisions ) was more to blame in my opinion.

I didn't think Smith was necessarily "at fault" for the goals but when you spit out a rebound straight up the middle like he did on the second goal, bad things usually happen. I am not a goalie but usually if you fire a rebound up the middle like that, that means you didn't handle it properly.

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #749002 is a reply to message #748991 ]
Mon, 09 December 2019 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 09 December 2019 12:15

Quote:

I didn't think Smith was necessarily "at fault" for the goals but when you spit out a rebound straight up the middle like he did on the second goal, bad things usually happen. I am not a goalie but usually if you fire a rebound up the middle like that, that means you didn't handle it properly.

Agreed - Smith mishandled a very long unscreened shot and put it on the stick of the guy in the slot. No fault for missing the shot from there - but the chance shouldn’t have been there at all.

The first one he just didn’t even come close to stopping.

It’s hard to have any confidence in him right now and his numbers continue to tank.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #749074 is a reply to message #749002 ]
Tue, 10 December 2019 13:49 Go to previous message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 09 December 2019 14:10

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 09 December 2019 12:15

Quote:

Agreed - Smith mishandled a very long unscreened shot and put it on the stick of the guy in the slot. No fault for missing the shot from there - but the chance shouldn’t have been there at all.

The first one he just didn’t even come close to stopping.

It’s hard to have any confidence in him right now and his numbers continue to tank.

Both those goals were deflections and he actually made a really good reaction save on the second one which was tipped down almost right in front of him and because of that had no chance to control the rebound. He shut the Sabres out from that point, middle of the first period to the end of regulation. The overtime goal looked a little shaky but the other two were tough ones to stop. All goalies have rough patches during the season, even Carey Price. The rest of the team has to take some responsibility for how they play defence as well. Where was the back check on that second goal? Blaming goaltending is the easy out. I like Smith and see him as a valuable part of the team for this season. Agree though that Koski should be the starter a good percentage of the time.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 December 2019 13:52]

Previous Topic:Pregame: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #33)
Next Topic:Oilers recall Jones
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca