This day on April 18
None

Happy Birthday To: spaz44, Formica, JDmassive, timothyparis12

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4)
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744288]
Thu, 10 October 2019 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT) (SO)
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
New Jersey to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2019-20 Regular Season
Thursday, October 10, 2019Edmonton 4 @ New Jersey 3 (OT) (SO)Win
Friday, November 8, 2019New Jersey 0 @ Edmonton 4Win
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 2-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 4/4 Total: 8
Home / Road Goals Against: 0/3 Total: 3

2018-19 Regular Season
Saturday, October 6, 2018Edmonton 2 @ New Jersey 5Loss
Wednesday, March 13, 2019New Jersey 6 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 0-1-0       Overall Record: 0-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 3/2 Total: 5
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/5 Total: 11

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744291 is a reply to message #744288 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

We are on a heater.

Devils lost yesterday. We should be running into a tired team. In the past we would mail this one in. Let’s see if we are different this year.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744292 is a reply to message #744288 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Interesting, just went to see what's the latest on Mr Hall's injury over on the Devils site..

I could be mistaken, but I think they may have got something wrong with the injury information.

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/preview-devils-vs-oilers/c-3 09937010

When did they obtain the rights to Leon??? Plus all the ex Oilers being out means at least we won't get anyone coming back to haunt us. Midnight showing over here tonight, so this will probably be the first game of the season I'll watch live. clapping

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744294 is a reply to message #744292 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

Ha, that's funny. Maybe the Oilers traded Leon for another depth defenceman, but its okay cause he's hurt.

The Devils will be hungry. Hopefully the oilers aren't too high on themselves. We'll see.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744295 is a reply to message #744294 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Pseudoreality wrote on Thu, 10 October 2019 07:51

Ha, that's funny. Maybe the Oilers traded Leon for another depth defenceman, but its okay cause he's hurt.

The Devils will be hungry. Hopefully the oilers aren't too high on themselves. We'll see.

Oilers have been a pile of garbage for many years. I don't think they are too high on themselves. Tippett doesn't strike me as the type to allow that.

Hopefully they can take advantage of the Devils playing last night.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744296 is a reply to message #744291 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 10 October 2019 06:22

We are on a heater.

Devils lost yesterday. We should be running into a tired team. In the past we would mail this one in. Let’s see if we are different this year.

Yup, tonight is a classic Oilers are here to be slump-busters situation. Devils badly need to stop the bleeding and here we are to help! We also get their backup, another recipe for disaster for the Oilers. :) Can things finally change a bit?

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744298 is a reply to message #744288 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Devils are winless and are tired. These are the games the Oilers we know usually lose.

Jack Hughes with his 1st NHL goal tonight? Good chance.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744299 is a reply to message #744295 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I don't think the Devils are that good. Maybe in a few years but not this year. The one thing they have going for them is they are fast but their team is really small.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744301 is a reply to message #744292 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Leia wrote on Thu, 10 October 2019 06:25

Interesting, just went to see what's the latest on Mr Hall's injury over on the Devils site..

I could be mistaken, but I think they may have got something wrong with the injury information.

When did they obtain the rights to Leon??? Plus all the ex Oilers being out means at least we won't get anyone coming back to haunt us. Midnight showing over here tonight, so this will probably be the first game of the season I'll watch live. clapping

lol, amazing

Quote:

Devils - Andrej Sekera (knee) is out; Drake Caggiula (undisclosed) is out; Leon Draisaitl (eye/concussion-like symptoms) is out

Nurse strikes again!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744303 is a reply to message #744292 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Leia wrote on Thu, 10 October 2019 06:25

icon_lol WOW that is bad. They have 2 guys listed who aren't even on either team.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744304 is a reply to message #744288 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Devils have 1 point in 3 games?

Thats odd. Taylor Hall teams are always so good. His team's never suck..... ever...... Not once......

Loser.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744305 is a reply to message #744304 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 10 October 2019 09:24

Thats odd. Taylor Hall teams are always so good. His team's never suck..... ever...... Not once......

Loser.

250 points in 184 games for the Devils. Taylor Hall hate baffles me.

People talk about McDavid demanding a trade soon if the team doesn't improve. Hall played on far worse Oiler teams and never made a peep. Was clearly disappointed when Chia traded him away. League MVP. Meanwhile we are all hoping Larsson doesn't have two bad seasons in a row...

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744306 is a reply to message #744305 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 10 October 2019 09:45

Loser.

People talk about McDavid demanding a trade soon if the team doesn't improve. Hall played on far worse Oiler teams and never made a peep. Was clearly disappointed when Chia traded him away. League MVP. Meanwhile we are all hoping Larsson doesn't have two bad seasons in a row...

185 points in 184 games?

Scared me there ;)

Did you miss that he's -3 over that time?!?! :P

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744308 is a reply to message #744306 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 10 October 2019 09:50

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 10 October 2019 09:45

Loser.

185 points in 184 games?

Scared me there ;)

Did you miss that he's -3 over that time?!?! :P

Damn math. I blame my calculator.

+/- is a flawed stat. I assume he gets powerplay time.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744312 is a reply to message #744308 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I think the Devils centers are just not that good. They remind me of what the Oilers had early in Hall's career.

Hischier is a decent, probably best suited as a second line center who's undersized. He's 6'1, 175. If you look his points, 52 the first year, on pace for 56 his second. He's probably playing too high up in the lines due to his experience and his size. Looks just like what Nuge was in the early days.

Based on the lines, their second line center is Zajac. Getting up there in age center who had better offensive numbers when he was younger but as declined a bit. He had 46 pts last year. Makes too much money for what he produces. Ideally, he's a 3rd line center. He looks exactly like Horcoff when Hall was on the team.

Based on the lines. They have Hughes as their 3rd line center. He's even smaller than Hischier ar 5-10, 170. He probably shouldn't be in the NHL given his size and lack of strength but he was the #1 overall and #1 overalls don't go back.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744313 is a reply to message #744312 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 10 October 2019 10:46

I think the Devils centers are just not that good. They remind me of what the Oilers had early in Hall's career.

Hischier is a decent, probably best suited as a second line center who's undersized. He's 6'1, 175. If you look his points, 52 the first year, on pace for 56 his second. He's probably playing too high up in the lines due to his experience and his size. Looks just like what Nuge was in the early days.

Based on the lines, their second line center is Zajac. Getting up there in age center who had better offensive numbers when he was younger but as declined a bit. He had 46 pts last year. Makes too much money for what he produces. Ideally, he's a 3rd line center. He looks exactly like Horcoff when Hall was on the team.

Based on the lines. They have Hughes as their 3rd line center. He's even smaller than Hischier ar 5-10, 170. He probably shouldn't be in the NHL given his size and lack of strength but he was the #1 overall and #1 overalls don't go back.

I see Devils fans getting on the case of poor Jack "show me your t^ts" Hughes. Not the generational tier player they expected with a 1st OA pick. Hischier isn't living up to 1st overall hype either. They are catching Oilers fan disease over in Jersey :)

[Updated on: Thu, 10 October 2019 11:13]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744314 is a reply to message #744313 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 10 October 2019 11:00

I see Devils fans getting on the case of poor "show me your t^ts" Jack Hughes. Not the generational tier player they expected with a 1st OA pick. They are catching Oilers fan disease over in Jersey :)

Those poor buggers. They might not know what they're in for.

That being said, it has only been three games.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744315 is a reply to message #744314 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 10 October 2019 11:02

I see Devils fans getting on the case of poor "show me your t^ts" Jack Hughes. Not the generational tier player they expected with a 1st OA pick. They are catching Oilers fan disease over in Jersey :)

It is 3 games but they look just like the Oilers did years ago. Young centers thrust into prime time with no cover behind them. Unless you are elite, it's a big time learning curve for a young center.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744318 is a reply to message #744314 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Yeah, maybe not defined what an 18 and a 19 year old will be in their careers on the backs of three straight losses to start the season.

Still don't get Oilers fans hating on Hall. Blaming him for the bad years is ridiculous. Wayne Gretzky wouldn't have been able to drag most of those teams in to the playoffs, and he wasn't saddled with piss-poor management who basically always did the wrong thing.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744322 is a reply to message #744318 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Quote:

Blaming him for the bad years is ridiculous.

There were some pretty bad years after he left as I recall. Really hope the oilers can keep their momentum going in this one and take it to them. These should win games that mean so much in the standings at the end of the year are the ones they have failed in so many times in the past.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #4) [message #744323 is a reply to message #744318 ]
Thu, 10 October 2019 12:55 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 10 October 2019 11:25

Yeah, maybe not defined what an 18 and a 19 year old will be in their careers on the backs of three straight losses to start the season.

Still don't get Oilers fans hating on Hall. Blaming him for the bad years is ridiculous. Wayne Gretzky wouldn't have been able to drag most of those teams in to the playoffs, and he wasn't saddled with piss-poor management who basically always did the wrong thing.

Hischier is 2+ years in, so I can get on board with them that he is looking like a Nuge level 1st overall :) ANd Pettersson adds a lot of annoyance for them.

Hughes is just a victim of the overall hype that Jersey came into the season with.

Of course now Hughes and Hischier will both score on us tonight.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 October 2019 13:00]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #3)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #3)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca