This day on July 22
Acquired: Kari Makkonen (1979) Greg Adams (1988) Bill Huard (1997)
Departed: Geoff Courtnall (1988) Shaun Van Allen (1993) Chris Ferraro (1999)

Happy Birthday To: TYDO, CamJan

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Yakupov resistant to change under Eakins
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Yakupov resistant to change under Eakins [message #609856 is a reply to message #609841 ]
Mon, 14 October 2013 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

1 Cup

Skoobz wrote on Mon, 14 October 2013 16:55

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Mon, 14 October 2013 12:19

Skoobz wrote on Mon, 14 October 2013 12:16

Mike Brown and Luke Gazdic? In.
Nail Yakupov? Out.

Just can't get behind this at all. How about Joensuu plays on the 4th and Yak plays on the 3rd. This team isn't, you know, "winning" - so there's not a hugely successful formula that it makes sense to not fiddle with.

Everyone DOESN'T hit every shift. This is talent mismanagement by a rookie coach with a giant ego, plain and simple.

Mismanagement? He is trying to teach Yaks that he has to play a team game. People have been complaining about Yaks not using his linemates, and now he is getting called on it.

I think this benching is to show Yaks not to use the media to get what he wants.

When and how is he going to teach the face punchers how to dangle? Oh. I get it. The only way to contribute to "team game" is hitting. Someone better tell Eberle that he's next. He's been only slightly better than Yakupov this year.

This is the best the team has looked in a few seasons, possibly since 2006 actually, so I will bite on what Eakins is selling. Apparently Yaks can't do that.

Until he learns, he will keep getting this treatment, and I back it. This guy changed Kadri into a real player, so I trust he can do the same here with Yaks.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Yakupov resistant to change under Eakins [message #609913 is a reply to message #609721 ]
Mon, 14 October 2013 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TJ39  is currently offline TJ39

1 Cup

Latest scape goat. Yawn

Re: Yakupov resistant to change under Eakins [message #609922 is a reply to message #609913 ]
Mon, 14 October 2013 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

1 Cup

How so? I don't see people saying it's his fault we are losing.

Re: Yakupov resistant to change under Eakins [message #609970 is a reply to message #609922 ]
Mon, 14 October 2013 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

1 Cup

why play Yak? I mean...he can score and we are lighting it up without him so best to have him sit as we don't need any offensive help right now.

In which games did Yaks turover the puck and make our goalies blow? I don't recall any. But hey that Dubnyk guy that was suspect last year, he blew a few games all on his own. Good thing we filled that hole in the off season....

Does Yaks need to learn to play without the puck better? Yes......but this team has so many freaken holes in it early in this year, this seems like one heck of a distraction about nothing.

We can't score (Yaks does have some natural ability to do so).

We can't stop a puck, which seems to be a much bigger issue.

Our power play is horrible and was much better last year (Yak's was on that far post poking a lot of those in).

I'm not saying Yakupov doesn't need to work on his game but I am saying....is what is going on Coach? We have much, much bigger issues. And offense is one of them! I don't get why this is going on right now.....

[Updated on: Mon, 14 October 2013 22:27]

Lowe

Lower

Lowest

Re: Yakupov resistant to change under Eakins [message #610389 is a reply to message #609970 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

Aaaaand the media keeps piling it on the kid.

http://nhl.si.com/2013/10/16/russian-olympic-scout-edmonton- oilers-nail-yakupov-has-no-future/

Quote:

Edmonton Oilers coach Dallas Eakins isn’t the only hockey authority who’s grown tired of Nail Yakupov’s selfish play.

Igor Kravchuk, who split 12 NHL seasons among six different teams, is in North America scouting NHL talent for Russia’s Olympic team. And like Eakins, he’s not happy with the first-overall pick of the 2012 draft.

Unlike Eakins, though, he’s under no pressure to sugarcoat his take.

“He has to make [up] his mind,” Kravchuk said this morning on Team 1200 radio in Ottawa. “If he’s not going to change his game, then he has no future.”

Please. Go on.

“Obviously, from what I see, his team game is really, really poor. He tries to do a lot of things by himself and he has absolutely no defense and that’s what really concerns [me] as a scout. But if he’s going to listen to what the coach says, if he’s going to change his game, then he’s got a future.”

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Yakupov resistant to change under Eakins [message #610392 is a reply to message #610389 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 22:38 Go to previous message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 22:28

Aaaaand the media keeps piling it on the kid.

http://nhl.si.com/2013/10/16/russian-olympic-scout-edmonton- oilers-nail-yakupov-has-no-future/

Quote:

Edmonton Oilers coach Dallas Eakins isn’t the only hockey authority who’s grown tired of Nail Yakupov’s selfish play.

Igor Kravchuk, who split 12 NHL seasons among six different teams, is in North America scouting NHL talent for Russia’s Olympic team. And like Eakins, he’s not happy with the first-overall pick of the 2012 draft.

Unlike Eakins, though, he’s under no pressure to sugarcoat his take.

“He has to make [up] his mind,” Kravchuk said this morning on Team 1200 radio in Ottawa. “If he’s not going to change his game, then he has no future.”

Please. Go on.

“Obviously, from what I see, his team game is really, really poor. He tries to do a lot of things by himself and he has absolutely no defense and that’s what really concerns [me] as a scout. But if he’s going to listen to what the coach says, if he’s going to change his game, then he’s got a future.”

Honestly though, that's probably an opinion Yak should take to heart. Someone who is trying to help build an olympic gold medal team that is disappointed in what should be a rising star for Russia. For sure there is no way Yak is going to make that team playing like he is, and making that team down the road should one of his top goals. Hopefully he uses this as another motivator.

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment
..limitless potential
..good structural improvement

Eakins: I know EXACTLY what we need to do next year...

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Oil Change Season 4: 'All In' premieres Oct 20th
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2014.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca